Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Auswide hobbies Windsor indoor track, preferred race days? >

Auswide hobbies Windsor indoor track, preferred race days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Racing is preferred on which evening?
Monday
6.67%
Tuesday
3.33%
Wednesday
5.00%
Thursday
3.33%
Friday
21.67%
Saturday
26.67%
Sunday
33.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Auswide hobbies Windsor indoor track, preferred race days?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Voting???

Originally posted by Dragonfire
If we must have a projector, put something decent on... AFL would be better... atleast the ball would be moving.
come on!! a room full of guys and a projector?

get your priorities straight

7:30 Star Trek (original)
8:00 Simpsons
8:30 Buttman's Big Butt Backdoor Babes 3 (Nicks Fav.)
Old 01-12-2005, 04:21 PM
adz
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Voting???

If we must have a projector, put something decent on... AFL would be better... atleast the ball would be moving.
Arial Ping Pong? Hmmmm.... I think not!
Don't forget what area of the state you are in, and it's not Mexico!

Their would probably be a huge angry mob waiting to destroy the person behind the idea...lol...

Or we could make a poll on the idea... NOT!

ARL or PING PONG?

I know which one gets my vote.

And as far as Mr Rocks fav program i was under the understanding that it was "Big Boy does Old Yellow"
Old 01-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Voting???

If the Rock had the Say then I think it will be repeats of his efforts in WWE.

Coxy.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Voting???

Originally posted by Coxy
If the Rock had the Say then I think it will be repeats of his efforts in WWE.

Coxy.
Maybe we should hold WWE rectreations to dictate TQ position? I would be into that.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Voting???

Originally posted by adz
Arial Ping Pong? Hmmmm.... I think not!
Don't forget what area of the state you are in, and it's not Mexico!
Hehehehehehe.......
One day someone might catch on....
Old 01-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With carpet down, Fri night would be a no brainer. Indoor carpet at Windsor or Off Road Touring Car at Castle Hill. Not a hard decision I would think. I reckon it wouldnt be too hard to convince Maxx_Basher to pony up for the projector if the shop & track were doing well. He is the only guy I know saving up for a plasma screen for the back door of his dunny at home . It would have to be Fri Night Footy though followed by Butt Man 3 when the kiddies go home to bed. WTF is ARL is it a new brand of car or something

In regard to clubs competing, what people may not realise is EC Castle Hill & Auswide are not clubs as such, they are a business with (hopefully) profit. They need to run whenever they think will be profitable, if that upsets one of the other "clubs" bad luck. To have all three running at seperate times will still not get all the racers, who can run 5 times a fortnight week in week out without ending up divorced.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by soc123_au
With carpet down, Fri night would be a no brainer. Indoor carpet at Windsor or Off Road Touring Car at Castle Hill. Not a hard decision I would think. I reckon it wouldnt be too hard to convince Maxx_Basher to pony up for the projector if the shop & track were doing well. He is the only guy I know saving up for a plasma screen for the back door of his dunny at home . It would have to be Fri Night Footy though followed by Butt Man 3 when the kiddies go home to bed. WTF is ARL is it a new brand of car or something

In regard to clubs competing, what people may not realise is EC Castle Hill & Auswide are not clubs as such, they are a business with (hopefully) profit. They need to run whenever they think will be profitable, if that upsets one of the other "clubs" bad luck. To have all three running at seperate times will still not get all the racers, who can run 5 times a fortnight week in week out without ending up divorced.
I'm not sure if you realise this but windsor is too far for most ppl to travel to on a friday afternoon. people who finish work at a somewhat normal time will not be able to make it there in the traffic... unless they own a helicoptor. I have made my way down there a few times latley for the racing and for some practice... but I like others will not be driving down in the afternoon for a few races (thats if i can get there by starting time)

Castle hill is NOT a business. This is not new news! How is it people don't know that for the past year castle hill on road is now a club called RC CORE? TJ's movment to becoming a club was recommended to him by those that support him outside of racing. He has the support of the dog society and the council to work towards a permament on-road facility at castle hill showground to make a better "CLUB". Castle hill and EC will become THE places to race once they get their facilities they are working towards.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by soc123_au
true, they are businesses,

but, I don't think it would not be good for the hobby if two tracks competed this way with each other,

it would be a shame if one closed because if it,
Old 01-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Castle hill is NOT a business. This is not new news! How is it people don't know that for the past year castle hill on road is now a club called RC CORE?
Who are the voting members, comittee & where can I find the minutes from the last A.G.M?

Its a business, but so what.

The only track that didnt operate as a business was Northside, & look what happened when it relied on members.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Castle hill is NOT a business. This is not new news! How is it people don't know that for the past year castle hill on road is now a club called RC CORE? TJ's movment to becoming a club was recommended to him by those that support him outside of racing. He has the support of the dog society and the council to work towards a permament on-road facility at castle hill showground to make a better "CLUB". Castle hill and EC will become THE places to race once they get their facilities they are working towards.
A club is owned & run by its members. Are you suggesting that as a member you could go to the next Castle Hill AGM with the support of the other members & become President. Leaving Trevor as a normal racer. I would say not. Same deal with Auswide & EC, there is nothing wrong with this but it aint a club.
Moorebank, Penrith, Lithgow etc have their commitee & exec voted in each year by the members & are non profit, ie no one makes any money out of it. ALL proceeds from racing, memberships etc go toward the running & improvement of the club & the people running the club are unpaid.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

I'm not sure if you realise this but windsor is too far for most ppl to travel to on a friday afternoon.
who are MOST people, there is a mass population of people in the outer western suburbs who are all within 30 minutes drive on any given day. the whole would doesn't revolve around people who live on the city side of paramatta.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by 414play
the whole would doesn't revolve around people who live on the city side of paramatta.
but there are a crap load more people living on that side,
Old 01-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yes and these are the people that need to be attracted to Windsor, there is a massive poulation bas in the windsor to penrith area, the current RC community should be used to help attract these people not be relied upon to sustain the enterprise.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

who are MOST people, there is a mass population of people in the outer western suburbs who are all within 30 minutes drive on any given day. the whole would doesn't revolve around people who live on the city side of paramatta

those people that think you can drive from parramatta to windsor in 30 mins every day of the week havent driven in the afternoon traffic out there i have been stuck in traffic for close to an hour without any accidents from seven hills to windsor leaving around the 6 oclock mark.It just really helps that i travel straight from penrith to the track so i miss the traffic
Old 01-15-2005, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

sounds like now the balls rolling maybe an indoor track on the city side of parra would be good????????????????? with carpet? i like my foams.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.