Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney indoor race track is a go!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default New Track

I agree, did a few packs and liked it already. Can't wait to go back on the weekend to get the sweet spot on my ride. Tire wear will be minimal after running 4 packs with a set of rubbers which is good. Another thing is the driver stand, just awesome.

Thanks again to Auswide staff and to everyone concern for giving Sydney the indoor track it deserves.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:18 PM
adz
Tech Regular

Not bad... Not bad at all!

Top pics of the venue Rod!

And as far as the grip, by the end of the night after allmost all
of the guys had left i put one last pack through the car and the grip was heaps better than my previous runs.
It was at the point that i was getting tyre squeel on every corner.
but we are expecting it to improve even more after next few days of cars running on it!
Old 12-15-2004, 05:14 PM
SJP
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

After seeing the Windsor track completed and all painted up last night, what an eye opener. I don’t think the pictures justify how good the outlet looks.

Rain, hale, shine, RDO or sickies ect. – Racing Will Be On.

The track is tight and challenging to drive with a stock on board. (The poor Core was still hot from last weekend). A 1/2 decent setup for the current traction didn’t take to long to find and the car felt fairly comfortable overall. Adz setup at the end of the night looked sweet, if your chasing it put up a post.

It really looked like the owners put their heart and soul into the venue and were taking any constructive criticism with a positive attitude. I feel if we keep up the support for the Auswide Team, the outlet will be awesome.

Cheers
Old 12-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

I agree the place looks great top effort guys.

But WAAAAYYYY too much track (i.e too tight) for the area and not enough grip. Good for a lap dash but not to race on unless they take some peoples views and put them to practice. It's a one race line only track right now but I am sure they can tweak it to open it up a bit.

All in all the place looks great, just need to make it work great to attract the racers out to Windsor. Invest in carpet and it's game over!!!!

Coxy.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

looks great ..

can't wait to get out there tomorrow for a fang around the track =)

Old 12-15-2004, 05:50 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by Coxy
I agree the place looks great top effort guys.

But WAAAAYYYY too much track (i.e too tight) for the area and not enough grip. Good for a lap dash but not to race on unless they take some peoples views and put them to practice. It's a one race line only track right now but I am sure they can tweak it to open it up a bit.

All in all the place looks great, just need to make it work great to attract the racers out to Windsor. Invest in carpet and it's game over!!!!

Coxy.
Very true make it carpet and it will be game over.

As for too tight i was not there but have been told its a great size and all the indoor tracks in the US are half that size. So cal is apparently tiny compared to it. Your just worried as your brushless may be a bit fast

But all positive news well done guys. Invest in carpet you will have a regular monday night of between 70 or 80 people.

Cheers
Nathan
Old 12-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

good to see someone with the cash/time/patience/cash/cash/cash to do something like this properly from the word go. so many tracks, SO LITTLE TIME!

someone said "thanks for giving Sydney the indoor track it deserves."

??? sydney?? more like hill's ville can't wait to drive down there and use my pit shimizu 24's! they haven't seen the light of day for......8+ months?? maybe that tyre warmer i got from CMC will finally come in handy.

shop looks mad also!

it's "victoria, hoppers crossing" sydney style!!

Last edited by VenomWorldOrder; 12-16-2004 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:38 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
good to see someone with the cash/time/patience/cash/cash/cash to do something like this properly from the word go. so many tracks, SO LITTLE TIME!

someone said "thanks for giving Sydney the indoor track it deserves."

??? sydney?? more like hill's ville can't wait to drive down there and use my pit shimizu 24's! they haven't seen the light of day for......8+ months?? maybe that tyre warmer i got from CMC will finally come in handy.

shop looks mad also!

it's "victoria, hoppers crossing" sydney style!!
This thread was good untill you posted
Old 12-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Ouch!!!!!!!!Looks like a love fight happening between NR & VWO

Originally posted by NR
Old 12-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

just got back from the new track and i would like to thank all those involed in building it
I spent 2 1/2 hours and put about 8 packs through my Mini and had a great time.
the track was a little dusty but the foams seemed to work OK

Great job guys and i am sure this will turn into one the best electric tracks around town
Old 12-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Rookie

just like to thank those who came to the invitation night and for the feedback received.

Thanks ROD M for the photos posted you have captured the whole deal
Old 12-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Rookie

just in case anyone wants/needs to call the shop the phone number is

(02)45 77 3166
Old 12-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)

myself and a couple of my mates went down today. wow it was a nice track and shop. first thoughts were that the track is to tight. but when i eventually finding a set-up (about 3 packs later) it was good.

the shop was great. they said that there bringing some xray parts in so i'm happy. but i think they need a bigger and better selection of the protoform bodys. all that i could see were the old alfa's and strates'.

i would have to agree with Coxy the track is to technical. all i'm saying is get rid of a couple of corners.

i Applaud the Ozwide guys they have done a great job is such little time. thumbs up!!!!!
Old 12-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Had my first run on the track today. I think you guys at Auswide have done a fantastic job with the race centre. Apart from being a bit slippery I think the track is great.

The drivers stand is probably the best I've ever seen.

Have to charge up some more packs cause I can't wait to get back there for some more driving.

Great venue.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NR
????ohh my god! who sent you this time?? what did i say now that offended YOU NR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.