spamming threads

Old 08-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default spamming threads

spamming or hijacking threads wont be tolerated.

please be aware that posting the same or similar information across more than one thread will be considered as spam.

the user posting the spam will be banned from rc tech for an indeterminate time period.

"you" have been warned
Old 08-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Angry

Originally Posted by contact View Post
spamming or hijacking threads wont be tolerated.

please be aware that posting the same or similar information across more than one thread will be considered as spam.

the user posting the spam will be banned from rc tech for an indeterminate time period.

"you" have been warned
Better check "Chickentrader" series of posts lately - nearly every Australian racing thread on here has been hit by this guy.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tyred View Post
Better check "Chickentrader" series of posts lately - nearly every Australian racing thread on here has been hit by this guy.
Your funny
Old 08-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

that would be the series of posts that prompted this post... and that as they say is the line in the sand... please advise if anything like this happens again
Old 08-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Lets see if the Mods will follow through and walk the walk on this now that another person spammed today..
Old 08-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wylie27 View Post
Lets see if the Mods will follow through and walk the walk on this now that another person spammed today..
This is the second or third time they have spammed us all. Delete the thread and let em start over

Mind you it is more info than the club holding the FEMCA event are putting out.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barts71m View Post
This is the second or third time they have spammed us all. Delete the thread and let em start over

Mind you it is more info than the club holding the FEMCA event are putting out.
guys it is one of the biggest EP onroad events of the year. i can not see what is wrong with the posting a link to the entry form for THE NATIONALS.

it has important information, tyre choice, and info on accommodation, etc.
i see only 3 places it may not be welcomed, and its where most of the complaints come from in general , just have to look at the FEMCA thread. if it is posted once, where relevant, then i dont see problem at all. you guys consider it spamming, most other people feel its relevant info that they need if attending the Nats. clubs work hard behind the scenes to hold such an event, and for it to be a success, then we need to get the info out ASAP and in as many RELEVANT places possible. i thaught that is what this forum is about. but i guess many just like to pick at shit, and ditch on people and clubs, any chance they get.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Irrespective of the "importance", RCTech has a set of rules which have clearly been posted (refer post # 1)

Granted it is the Nationals and it is impotant to the relevant club and to those who attend, but its sets a precedence for every other "important" event that other clubs hold. Personally, I dislike it, but that is just my opinion.

Have a think about it, there are numerous "Nationals" for the different types of racing, then from there, there are State Titles which are just as important as you get drivers travelling interstate.
Then, there is the FEMCA events and other private major events across off road and on road which pull bigger crowds. Before you know it, every thread will be spammed on a daily basis with so called "updates".

just my 2c
Old 08-31-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

ok no worries, its a link to the entry form. no updates, no recurring posts.

RC is dying in WA, only way we can boost it is to get guys from interstate to attend, and this means putting the info out there. personally i dont care, its a public forum, there are things in a news paper that you dont like, so you turn the page. same can be done here. but , oh well, everyone just complains about it instead like its their right to. Cudos to public forums.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Rock and a hard spot.

Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post

RC is dying in WA, only way we can boost it is to get guys from interstate to attend, and this means putting the info out there. personally i dont care, its a public forum, there are things in a news paper that you dont like, so you turn the page. same can be done here. but , oh well, everyone just complains about it instead like its their right to. Cudos to public forums.
I was going to ask about the context of the spamming as in some cases where it's inclusive of graphics, long winded and repetetive, it is a little much. I think a small discrete message with a link to a thread isnt bad but as the moderator stated, it's a rule and we should follow.

Why not just have a separate thread and keep bumping it as I havent seen any mention of bumps being considered bad either. Just keep it at the top and it's better exposure.

Patto between us, I think the problem with multi-thread posts is that it pushes many other threads onto page two unnecessarily, but I hear you to brother, need to get WA up and it is the NATS!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

There's the attitude to get people to go to the nationals. Insult them that always works... Thanks for helping me make my mind up for taking the trip to WA..

The forum has rules. The moderators clearly have called out that spamming threads will get you banned.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wylie27 View Post
There's the attitude to get people to go to the nationals. Insult them that always works... Thanks for helping me make my mind up for taking the trip to WA..

The forum has rules. The moderators clearly have called out that spamming threads will get you banned.
I wasn't offended by the comment Pattojnr made however yours is offensive. He has a valid point which is the purpose of forums.

I agree rules should be followed however this is clearly a rule that has been made for a minority group and not perhaps for the good of the hobby.

Perhaps it some cases it can be allowed but only when approved by the moderator. The title could read “Advertisement” and a limited comment could be made and only posted in relevant threads for example onroad events within onroad threads only.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Guys thats fine but what happened was the same as chickentrader had done and spammed all the electric threads for the Qld Title. It may be for the Aussie title but there has been a precedent set now.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

This is a tricky one to find some middle ground for.

In the days of paper we used to send entry forms to all affiliated clubs for a major sanctioned event. Now it's all done electronically...

By the same token, I don't need to be skipping over ads all the time when I'm reading a club thread.

Maybe the middle ground has something to do with engaging with the thread, tailoring the message for them, and not just leaving never to return again after posting the message. That's a lot of work for someone, but maybe that is the polite thing to do.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default CONTEMPT

OPINION'S ARE LIKE ARSES......EVERYBODIES GOT ONE
RULES ARE RULES BUT WHEN YOU ASK A MODERATOR A QUESTION, ONE WOULD EXPECT AN ANSWER.......EVEN AFTER 5 DAYS!!!!?
THAT'S ONE WAY TO BREED CONTEMPT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.