Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW AUSTRALIAN KYOSHO DISTRIBUTOR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

totally agree with the previous two comments.

love my lazer FS2 but I just ordered an FS2 SP from Japan simply because it was the cheapest and fastest way to roll with spare parts as they are so damn hard to get/find quickly, locally.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Speaking as a "for the fun of it" racer, I moved away from Kyosho several years ago because the local support from the importer was so poor. I race mainly nitro tourer, and ran both FW05R/RR, and V-OneRRR for many years but became tired of the necessity to source parts overseas. So I switched to a brand with reliable local support and was glad of it.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:49 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have two Kyosho cars now, & I'll persevere with it. It's just frustrating.

I have just learnt to stock up on parts you know you are going to break or bend before hand to avoid the inevitable two week Ebay wait.

It's just weird when you rock up to a track & guys are all, "Wow. A Kyosho."

There is something not quite right about that.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Yep, you know something's amiss when one of the hobby's longest serving manufacturers are greeted with genuine suprise to see them on the track.
On another point, I remember looking around a few Sydney hobbyshops 3 or 4 years ago, and seeing V One RRR kits for around $950 retail. I asked the retailer why they were so dear, especially when they had Xray NT1's for under $700. I asked if they were that much better, or just expensive. His response was that it was the importers fault, saying his margins were around the same percentage as before, just the importer was charging more.
I do hope Kyosho have got their act together, they deserve better treatment than they appear to be getting.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Well hopefully it's a new day for Kyosho in this country now that Dawn will be pushing the racing gear. I know having moved from a brand that is poorly supported in this country to one that has awesome support that the difference is maked - I carry so much fewer parts these days.

With people winning state and national titles in OFR and ONR, gas and EP with K-cars it seems like a missed opportunity for Dawn to not be selling the halo cars.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

It'd require a major attitude change from Dawn, from what I have read, sponsored drivers have been looked after, but the rest of the hobby community has pretty much been treated with contempt. Funny now that they seem to have stopped posting responses on this thread too, so I don't think anything will change, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Your assuming it was some from dawn posting in the first place
Old 10-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I wouldn't be holding your breath on anything changing.

Old school importer, with old school ideas.

We import it. You buy it at what ever price/margin we dictate and you'll be happy we made the effort.

The game changed a long time ago though and the racing market seems just too hard to satisfy, so they don't.

For mine most of the importers want a high profile brand for it's status but the reality is they probably don't make the $ from them that they can on the generally cheaper, more generic stuff. So they don't push it or spend a lot of time/money supporting or promoting it, the brand is suppose to sort of look after it's self.

Check any RL issue of late and you will see what I mean.

If you want them to have an interest in racing in Australia, host a World Title. It's about the only way you'll ever get anyone from there to come out to look good.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Tech Rookie

I have to agree with nexxus dawn is a true leopard,there spots will only get bigger or change shape..eg mini-z and afx i was looking for parts for both produces that had been on the market for a good 12mths.1 item of which i bought from my local hobby shop that came from dawn.So to cut a long story short when i rang dawn for parts the first item i wanted they had no idea that the it was on the marketand this was the item that was bought here.The second item i had a 6-8wk wait.So with a bit of LUCK the big K and every other brand they supply has moved on
Old 10-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

BUMP , anymore news ...
Old 10-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by floss
BUMP , anymore news ...
for anything that isn't supported well in Oz there is always pro shop futaba ready to help you out.

By all means, buy local, but if you can't get it at a decent price, or on time just jump online.

Pro shop have a great range of Kyosho parts.
http://translate.google.com.au/trans...26prmd%3Dimvns
Old 11-01-2011, 02:39 AM
Suspended

Thumbs down

Unexpected clutch meltdown at the track today.

Hey Dawn Trading, could you please direct me to a shop in SA I could pick up a 7.5 Inferno bell & shoes?

*Crickets*

Yep. Thought as much.

*Does the ebay two week wait*
Old 11-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kyosho Nutter
Unexpected clutch meltdown at the track today.

Hey Dawn Trading, could you please direct me to a shop in SA I could pick up a 7.5 Inferno bell & shoes?

*Crickets*

Yep. Thought as much.

*Does the ebay two week wait*
I am sure that clutch bells are not so diffferent and a hobao would have fitted straight on.

perhaps go to your local hobby store with your car and they could have helped you out.

PS the 7.5 is old as shit.. so no wonder you were hearing crickets.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Painy
I am sure that clutch bells are not so diffferent and a hobao would have fitted straight on.

perhaps go to your local hobby store with your car and they could have helped you out.

PS the 7.5 is old as shit.. so no wonder you were hearing crickets.
Cheers for the input.

Yes I am aware my car is as old as hell.

The reason I stick with it, is A) I'm a basher, not a racer. B) It goes like a shower of shit ,& aside from the occasional clutch, has been bulletproof, hence I like to stick with the brand.

I did indeed put a Hobao clutch on it today & guess what? The flywheel was too small to work with my starter box.

Oh well. You live & you learn.

The age of my car however is kind of off topic.

As I said earlier in the thread, I tried to source a Inferno Neo (latest model) For my brother in law from DT & hit a brick wall.

I was given the number of their sales rep, who gave me the number of a LHS that I already tried, that WERE NOT INTERESTED IN SELLING ME A KYOSHO PRODUCT.

I'm trying to make a point on here. Not argue about stupid shit please.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:50 AM
Tech Adept

Seems if your a Kyosho driver like me, you're permanently in a catch 22 situation - you love the brand and want to support local Australian business, but get sick of being either jerked around or ripped off. I was a staunch local business supporter until I was asked to pay $57 for the SP front hinge pin holder on my ZX5 when they first came out. I since get all my Kyosho kits and spares from Amain.

Not sure what the issue is here, but this thread is starting to paint a picture for me and helps justify spending my Australian dollars OS... Damned if I'm changing brands though!

Last edited by Rip72; 11-04-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.