Search

Short course truck classes??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2themax
Hey Daniel, Might want to check the date on the post
Good point. I didn't spot that the thread had been exhumed and reanimated.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
Not a bad truck, they are great bashers, though for all the 8th scale SCT's I think i like the Hyper 8SC nitro more so than the e version, but then, i am a bit of a Hobao fan boy.

No clubs have 8th SCT racing here in Aust, but, any club that is worth its salt should let you trundle about with 8th E buggy or truggy fields at a club level, if you were considering racing it.
Just interested in bashing, what is the availability of hopups/upgrades as I haven't had too much luck finding any information on-line in terms of upgrades.

Any idea of how it would perform against a HPI baja 5b with the petrol motor?
Old 06-11-2013, 03:44 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marksl
Just interested in bashing, what is the availability of hopups/upgrades as I haven't had too much luck finding any information on-line in terms of upgrades.

Any idea of how it would perform against a HPI baja 5b with the petrol motor?
For hopups etc, i really do not have much of an idea, i do not think it really needs much at all, out of the box it is pretty damn nice and very durable. For a basher, it is a nice big beast of a car.

Against a Baja, well, it is really hard to compare them side by side, if you were talking about the HPI SC5 Flux and the Baja then you are comparing simular breeds.

The typical things to consider are, do you like noise, do you have the space to run the 5th scale baja, and can you afford the big beast, they need a bit out of the box to make them reliable, so looking for a 2nd hand one might be a better option, something someone has already poured a few grand into

For bashing with my mates, i prefer the 8th scales, i have both Nitro and EP buggies that i take to our once a month bash events here in Brisbane, if you are close by, or in Adelaide, i can point you in the direction of a bunch of guys who have all the cars you are interested in and are only too happy to assiste you in making a decision on what to buy.

Just noticed your in Adelaide, hit this thread up, and meet up with the guys, they are all a top lot and can help you with your decisions, i think they have their next bash in 2 weeks time.

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthrea...Monthly-Meetup
Old 06-11-2013, 03:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
For hopups etc, i really do not have much of an idea, i do not think it really needs much at all, out of the box it is pretty damn nice and very durable. For a basher, it is a nice big beast of a car.

Against a Baja, well, it is really hard to compare them side by side, if you were talking about the HPI SC5 Flux and the Baja then you are comparing simular breeds.

The typical things to consider are, do you like noise, do you have the space to run the 5th scale baja, and can you afford the big beast, they need a bit out of the box to make them reliable, so looking for a 2nd hand one might be a better option, something someone has already poured a few grand into

For bashing with my mates, i prefer the 8th scales, i have both Nitro and EP buggies that i take to our once a month bash events here in Brisbane, if you are close by, or in Adelaide, i can point you in the direction of a bunch of guys who have all the cars you are interested in and are only too happy to assiste you in making a decision on what to buy.

Just noticed your in Adelaide, hit this thread up, and meet up with the guys, they are all a top lot and can help you with your decisions, i think they have their next bash in 2 weeks time.

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthrea...Monthly-Meetup
My inlaws have a farm and he's made a track and rostrom for his HPI baja so I'm looking for something electric that will be compeditive against him
Old 06-11-2013, 03:52 AM
Suspended

My inlaws have a farm and he's made a track and rostrom for his HPI baja so I'm looking for something electric that will be compeditive against him
Take a look of this then if you are after EP, http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/106258/ it is the big brother to the 8th scale, and bloody huge and pretty quick on 6S.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know how a HPI apache would perform against a HPI Baja 5b?
Old 06-12-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Don't worry about bashing marksl, buy a 1/10th scale and come racing!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Falcon#5
Don't worry about bashing marksl, buy a 1/10th scale and come racing!
Nah not interested in racing off-road
Old 06-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Suspended

Does anyone know how a HPI apache would perform against a HPI Baja 5b?
It should handle better because it is 4wd, and on 6S it will be faster than the baja by a long ways. It is much smaller and lighter so it wont take rough terrain like the baja will. It will also make no noise, which next to a baja might suck because it is all noise and action.

They are 2 totally different cars, it is really hard to compare them side by side on equal terms. But if you are racing your friend who has a baja, get a baja and compete on equal terms, because the SCT should smoke it around a track and there is just no fun in it if you are smoking the opposition.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

anyone know if the apache diffs have sealing to retain grease?