AARCMCC Electric Nationals 2004

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AARCMCC Electric Nationals 2004

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

Besercoe:- as cantona said, who gives a .... that your not going you say it like sombody actully might care......well heres the **Newsflash** NO BODY DOES!

there is no reason the meeting will not run smoothly as everyone with their assigned jobs know what they are doing.....

Last edited by contact; 11-08-2004 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Im with Bradd, as a result of lack of initial details, last minute release of the entry forms, uncertainty about the running of the race meet etc we have also decided to not attend the nationals. A real shame as last years was so very well organised and a lot of fun.

It would have been nice to go, but we have way to many doubts.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

Mr Cantona,
Obviously you are some sort of RC gun, so people will tell you the ins and outs of rc meetings going on in the hope that they will be blessed with your presence.

to the rest of us, one of the main ways to find out about race meetings is through this very forum... or through racing lines.. lol

so given there was a serious lack of details about the meeting given to rc'ers on here (no matter whatyou think ur about rc tech readers/ posters or not.. they are part of the hobby in which u compete).. its no wonder people have been turned away from this meeting, and formed oppions so displayed by Mr Vercoe.

I also feel compelled to bring to your attention the fact that perhaps it takes more than just one dead set hot shot racer like ur self to make a meeting, its the masses that make it happen and give a title any sort of value. Without them you have nothing.
Being an offroad racer by nature i can understand that you would prefer to race against 3 or 4 people.. but real champions come from classes with more than 2 heats of racing

p.s. yes i am hopeless at rc, i crash, and i read rc tech.. so sue me
i am part of the majoriy of racers who would attend this meeting, like it or not.. cant all be legends like urself
Old 11-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So wat time does practice open on thurs? will the sugar water be down too?
Old 11-07-2004, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I with Bradd also.

From what I have heard, these National Titles are certainly not being organised correctly, like the way a good event is run. I've been to many different events ran by different people but they all have had some sort of preparation for the event and organisation, not just slapping things together at the last minute.

For the TCS this year, it was organised by the Johnstone family and they did a fantastic job of running the event, albeit with a few problems that they couldn't really help (floodlike weather, etc). Preparation for it started a MILE back for that with meetings from Tamiya Japan, etc getting the rules and venue all setup with the entry forms coming out, MONTHS in advance.

Vic Titles this year, it was ran superbly and there was fantastic organisation and preparation for that event, MONTHS in advance. It recieved much praise for that with most drivers making mentions of the "World-Class" event that they had just participated. This is all down to the detail side of things and I fear that the Nats may suffer a bit from it.

The worst event I've been to myself was ran by the Hoppers Crossing (Victoria) club and they got to the point where they were making rules and regulations as they went and it was terrible. Badly run and Badly organised.

To be honest, I wouldn't have even bothered entering that event again due to that sort of organisation and, I've actually become accustomed to well run events, maybe its just me.

I'm not going to be attending the Nationals due to the fact that I have 2 gigs on that Sunday (I'm a working musician) but, I would have made the event. I wanted to go, I really did. With everything I've said above, I don't neccesarily think that that WILL happen at Wodonga, but so far its looking more then likely.

I truly hope that it ends up being a great event. I have some mates of mine going up there for it and I want to wish everyone the best of luck up there, including the organisers. Put on a good show for the guys travelling so far. There aint much point going half-assed, so do your club proud. I'd like to think that you can!
Old 11-07-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cantona
besercoe- it would be nice if you had some hard facts to back up your dribble, rather than using your hot air posts to degrade the race. The people that matter will be there, no one cares your not going.
Hard facts?
Have another read of this thread lol.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Atomix- I have, there is nothing but doctored BS,

carbonfibre3- whatever, when you go os, you realise all of us here are nobodies. I am not saying anything about myself, just saying, the people who want to race a national championship, will be there, if your not going to be there, than shut up.

If you raced off road, you would laugh at the .... coming from your mouth. I suppose last years biggest electric race (yes it was maitland nsw ep off road titles) was a couple more than 3 or 4 people. It strikes me how well on road drivers do at off road as well, I suppose if its too hard, dont try.

Last edited by contact; 11-08-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Cantona, I don't want this to get out of hand. Perhaps you should tone down your attitude a little bit. Its something that I see all over the forums from all sorts of different people and I don't think its right. Sure, have an opinion, but what do you have to gain by getting into a bitch-fight about something.

We are all in this sport for fun, so lets have fun. Sure competition comes into it, but on the race track, not off the racetrack.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cantona
Atomix- I have, there is nothing but doctored BS,

The warm up meet was manually lap counted.
The entry forms were made available a month ago.
The AARCMCCA President announced only a week ago that a timing system & race controller were located.
The event is being sponsored by shops.
Not only myself, but many, many others had sought information about this event on multiple occasions without sucsess.

There is nothing doctored about this at all. Unfortunately, no amount of .... slinging at myself, Besercoe or anyone else who dare ask questions will change that. Ironically, you get on some self proclaimed high horse & think you have some "higher authority" to consider everyone else nobodies & abuse them for sharing an opinion, making a statement or asking a question but rather than be the better man & actually use your knowledge to alay anyones fears, or god forbid, answer a question,you carry on like a bigger tool than those who you are criticising.

You are in fact the one who is a joke.

Last edited by contact; 11-08-2004 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

as a community of RC racers we a strong one, but i guess, off road racers have a very different oppion and mind set than on-road racers. No offence to any one but i think we all know its true.
I can see this fastly turning into an on-road vs off-road battle and it shouldn't.

But i do have to put my 2 cents in here, the wodonga club held the off-road ep nationals in April this year and over the 3 days we got something like 100+ entries (not 2 heats or less) and we had 4 qualifiers and 3 finals which were run perfectly to every account, scrutineering was perfect with all peoples cars being checked even if they were in the C-main.

They do know how to hold an event and Peter Wooster (aweosme guy) the race director will make sure that every thing will go as planned.

All i ask as an off-road racer, and one that is getting into on-road aswell, please respect the Wodonga club and what they do. As cantona said it is true that the club wont post in here if every on is lashing at it with abbuse and accusations.

All i can say is go to the event and enjoy the weekend and the hospitality from the Wodonga club.

As far as drivers going over seas to get EXPERIENCE, it is the best thing any driver could do, just to see how they race over in countries like the USA, UK and Europe. You come back the better racer for it, just see at the nationals next week how on-fire the guys that have come back from the Worlds are. I know i am a nobody on the world scene, but that does not deny me the right to go and race at the same event (worlds) with the best of the best. And thats why i will be paying my airfare to Italy next year (off-road worlds)

Once again no offence to any one
Old 11-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

f.alonso- you are correct, and once again the same problems seem to arise, No more.

atomix- I would love to discuss this in person, then maybe I could explain my perspective.

I have been a member of wodonga rc club for 8 years, and have known many people within the club, for a long time. Its just sad they cop so much abuse, more or less behind their back, because they dont come on these forums.

Okay I will stand clear, have a go at me, I dont care I have thick skin, I am not going to post on this thread again.

Last edited by cantona; 11-07-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Cantona - I indeed hope that the Nats goes well up in Wodonga and that the club + committee do Wodonga proud. That's what you want to achieve. I was very proud of my club (Boronia Radio Controlled Car Club, BRCCC) when we held the Vics this year.

Good Luck to Everyone for the Event, I'd love to be there too, but since I'm not, GO the BRCCC boys!
Old 11-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

this is the most entertaining thread ive seen for a while... you all take your toy cars way to serioisly... keep up the good work.

legends in your own lunchtime.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by black-knight
this is the most entertaining thread ive seen for a while... you all take your toy cars way to serioisly... keep up the good work.

legends in your own lunchtime.
Yep. Pass the pop corn BK.

Coxy.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Some of you guys should show alot more respect to Cantona. It takes alot of time, money and sacrifice to go and compete overseas. And all when you know you are going to be thrashed. But people like Cantona travel overseas for the love of racing and to better themselves. How can you critisise someone for trying to gat better at what they do. More people should put more effort into their racing and then the standards in this part of the world would rise.
Cantona and Painy: Goodluck at the Nationals.

Ohh and one more point, have a look at most of the best drivers around the world and they all have their roots in offroad racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.