Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 03:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 2005 Nationals

i hear and read alot about the nationals at ipswich, i hear the club has a great solution in preperation for the nationals.

i have seen this technique used before and in my opion it would be a greatthing to apply this to a 20-50 meter section of the track to see if it accually works.

as all materials are very different and can react in the oppisite way, its about time the clubtakes a standard view and gets some different opions on the subject.

i have seen the ipswich track and it would have to be one of the most silliest layouts i have ever seen for a nationals event

as you come off the front straight away in front of the stand and around the corner you approach a table top this table top is against the fench when you land you have got the fastest part of the track coming up and have a guess what is on the side of the back straight away????

6 foot high ring lock fench with an open gate in the middle and also a line of cinder blocks, these are just 3 of the things that i have seen on the track.

it also has a set of quad jumps coming straight towards you so you cannot judge speed for them.

if it is the finish product drainage is going to be a severe problem if it rains, not being the one to complain but i think the club needs to take a solid look at the approach they are takin for the sake of the nationals being a success.

GOOD LUCK BOYS

DRAGON FLY
Old 08-31-2004, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think it's a little early to start that sort of criticism.

The track is still new and is getter better all the time.

I raced there when the curent layout was first put down and I think its quite a good layout actually.

I would've thought having the track fenced off was good, less chance of bicyclists running over it ! Yes it's a bit close in places but no track is perfect.

I will agree with you about the quads (well sort of agree ).

Whilst I think they're good, their position doesn't lend itself to good racing and also makes it rather difficult for newcomers to the track. In the US most of their difficult sections like quads etc are placed side-on to the drivers stand, so that all drivers can gauge the distance and how much throttle is needed.

But when the jumps are side-on, it becomes difficut to go side-by-side with another racing without the possibility of a collision, theres simply no perfect solution.

It's still early days, and I'm sure it'll be great when the Nats come around
Old 08-31-2004, 03:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 2005 Nations

dear bender

it is obvious that you have not seen very many race tracks,in
my opion the marshalling for the track has not been thought out for the track, could you please explan how do you marshall the back straight away as the only 2 marshalling positions are at the start and finish of the straight away.

it would be one of the longest backstraight aways around its the the furtherest away from the stand from any race track, you have to run up to 30 meters to marshall a car on the back straight away, how do you marshall a car on the table approaching the backstraight away without standing on the jump itself.

as the fench line runs parralle to both the table top and the back straight away, how do you fit 10 people on a 8 persons stand, these are just a few more thoughts to consider on the layout of the track.

DRAGON FLY
Old 08-31-2004, 04:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Ipswich Track Layout

I raced on the track at Ipswich on the weekend and the quad jumps are still there but the layout has been changed to have the cars going away from you instead of towards you.

The location of the track to the fence especially on the back straight where the opening is located is no problems as the opening is not anywhere near the racing line and there has only been a couple of cars ended up going out the gate in the whole time the track is where it is.

The jump near the side fence did catch a few cars out but it was mainly because the cars didnt take the corner before it properly and ran very wide and ran off the side of the jump and the begining of it.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
In my opinion the nationals will be great and the track will be perfect.

Cheers
Nudge
Old 08-31-2004, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: 2005 Nations

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dragon Fly
dear Dragon Fly

it is obvious that you have not seen very many race tracks,in
my opion the marshalling for the track has not been thought out for the track, could you please explan how do you marshall the back straight away as the only 2 marshalling positions are at the start and finish of the straight away.

how do you marshall a car on the table approaching the backstraight away without standing on the jump itself.

as the fench line runs parralle to both the table top and the back straight away, how do you fit 10 people on a 8 persons stand, these are just a few more thoughts to consider on the layout of the track.

DRAGON FLY
The marshalling on the jump you refer to the marshalling point for it is on the downslope side of this jump.

Can i ask when the last time you were at the track as the drivers stand has been lengthened to enable 10 people to fit there comfortably and it was done about 3 mths ago if memory serves me correctly.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default stand length

hello nudge

to my knowledge the new stand design has only been done since the track has been redone, but regarding the fact lets hope that all A-finalists are all under the age 10 years as size is the point i amtrying to make.

and even though the track is running in the oppisite dirrection it dosent take away the point of marshalling the track in these positions

i hope in all regards have a decesent look at the tracks positions for marshalling as there will be alot of very dissapointed drivers

DRAGON FLY
Old 08-31-2004, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

there are things too be done before the nats yes i agree.but as for the layout, you'd have to be a meathead to think they are going to keep the same layout.

As for the gate along the straight, that section will be fixed as has been discussed already between members. As for the fence being close to the track .... if you're that much of a shit of a driver that you're going to be that close to the fence, you're obviously not ready for National level racing.

After all there are still over 7 months to go. I'm positive that everything you are worried about will be fine. There is going to be a warm up race in February, so anyone who races then will see that the track will be ready for the Nationals.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default indifferences 2005 nats

its great to hear different opions from different people, i think in my aspect although i can only drive a car backwards im not the one that will give you trouble. its the other 9 drivers trying to race on this track at the nationals event.

so these are a few opions of mine that could help the progress of track preperations.

DRAGON FLY
Old 08-31-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: 2005 Nations

Originally posted by Dragon Fly
dear bender

it is obvious that you have not seen very many race tracks,
Dragonfly, you're right, I haven't seen (or raced on) many tracks,

Only:

Zanters (Rouse Hill)
Castle Hill (3 layouts)
Bormac
Hornsby Indoor
St Ives (2 layouts)
Ryde (at least 5 layouts)
Ipswich (old and new)
Ekibin (2 layouts)
Hawthorn (4 layouts)
Jimboomba (4 layouts)
Gold Coast (3 layouts)
Miriam Vale (3 layouts)
Yeronga
Gold Coast Indoor
Maryborough (3 layouts)
Mt Gravatt (2 layouts)
Brendale
Canberra (2 layouts)
Maitland
Knox
Pine Hills (4 layouts)

Thats all I can remember, that I've raced on, let alone all the tracks I've SEEN, none at all really.....
Old 09-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Default 1/10 nat's

can any one tell me what the dates are for the nats 2005 , when they have 2wd what day and 4wd and truck , and practice days ,

if any one can that would be great ,

regards

mike keyes ,
Old 09-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: 1/10 nat's

anybody got a url or pic's of this track.

Coxy.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

www.chargersrc.com is the club website.

Event is on over easter, but I'm not sure what days are what. Stay tuned for info in Racing Lines, or find 2-bad on this forum - he's the man.

Bender lets face it - you're a rookie...
Old 09-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Guys,

Please refer to the "2005 1/10 Electric Off-Road Nationals" for your information.