R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   Fraser Coast RC Car Club ( Hervey Bay) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/452807-fraser-coast-rc-car-club-hervey-bay.html)

hlucn8r 07-08-2011 09:53 PM

5mm wall I think Jas!!!

But i Couldnt be to sure.

TOWNER 07-09-2011 01:03 AM

Hi all,
I guess its time for me to start posting :p
zap glued a dog bone together on the colt today so i can keep sliding :ha:

Shev 07-09-2011 02:19 AM

26mm rim needs a 26mm tyre. 31mm rim needs a 31mm tyre. They are on the hpi website I posted on the last page.

Shev 07-09-2011 02:22 AM

Hi towner. Welcome to the forum. Ask what ever you need mate, there's a plethora of info on here.

Mad Speednut 07-10-2011 01:51 AM

on road racing

Hi,just want to ask you guys a question,im from sydney and weve read a little about your club,was wondering what nites do you run/race, what do you run classes etc as were heading up there in a couple of weeks and were thinking of coming and having a run with you guys. Thanks,Ian.

Shev 07-10-2011 02:33 AM

Hi Ian. Thanks for your interest. We run every Wesnesday Night - we can give you an address if you're keen. ... And we race electric tourers on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month at a local High school. We're a relatively small club catering for a lot of interests. Everything we do is electric unfortunately due to residential locations. We're currently trying to find land to accommodate nitro.
Wednesday nights are: (weeks of the month)
Week 1: drift comp
Week 2: Practice night
Week 3: off road racing (mainly short course, 2wd buggies & 4wd, bit wr'll make a class of anything!)
Week 4: RC18R racing and Drift racing.
Week 5 (when it happens): practice night

The touring car classes are
17.5 no timing (stock)
Mod
540/beginner
Short course
Vintage/trans am (hopefully starting soon with 540 motors). Open chassis with HPI vintage bodies, rims & tyres.

Like I said, we're a relatively small clubjust enjoying the racing!

Hope this helps, Ian. We're happy to help!

Mad Speednut 07-10-2011 02:40 AM

Thanks. we'd be up there for your 4th week of racing in July,so are you running 540 tourers then,or just drifting and your rc18's?

Shev 07-10-2011 02:59 AM

During the week, we don't run tourers because of the location we're at. We are inside a 6 bay shed, part of it is pits, and the rest is a small track that is suitable to the 1/18 racing and drifting. If you want to race tourers, we could see what we can organise and maybe swap our 3rd week for the 4th, or just add the 4th week (this is only done on a Sunday though...at the high school) - I'll chat to the other members or they can voice their opinions on here.

So Wednesday night is on private property and Sunday touring racing is on at a local High School.

What date are you coming up?

Here' s a drift video that was made last month - it will give you an idea of the size of the track...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB45F7d7QjY

And here's a rough video of the high school basketball courts... very primitive I know, but we're keen racers and need somewhere to race!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPqJQS-JJYU

Shev 07-10-2011 03:08 AM

Hey Millzy, where are you getting your vintage shell from? Also, are you getting a 190mm or 200mm? I'm guessing the 200mm to get the 31mm rear tyres, make it all look a little more scale ;) If you're ordering from somewhere, I might throw my order on too, or are you chasing Toyworld?

Mad Speednut 07-10-2011 03:19 AM

Thanx for the quick reply,that drfting track almost looks like a converted slot car track,great driving by all involved. My question about what you run and when was just to see if it would fit in with our schedule,your sunday on road location would have suited us better,but alas, we will be in maryborough instead. Thankyou for the swift reply. Ian.

bungeman 07-10-2011 03:24 AM

what this vintage stuff going on here shev NEWS TO ME

Shev 07-10-2011 03:40 AM

No problems Ian, hope to meet you up this way. You're more than welcome to come over on the Wednesday night while you are in the area. Shoot me a PM if you're keen and I'll send my mobile number. Cheers mate.

Originally Posted by bungeman (Post 9368177)
what this vintage stuff going on here shev NEWS TO ME

:lol: You're crook for 5 days Benny Boy, and all of a sudden, there's stuff happening! :lol:

This is one of Chow's great ideas. Do you remember the last idea of running a super GT class, and everyone was going to buy GT shells, rims and tyres, and then... I was the only one who did, well it's happening again. This could be a fad (:lol: F.A.D. :lol:), but we'll see how it goes. We only need a couple of people and so far there's Chow, Millzy, myself and I think Grizz is keen also because he has the E10 laying around. Keeping it all basic with a 540 motor, and just having some fun racing with no maintenance... that's the idea anyway. Get everyone on the same tyres, and vintage rims, and they could look pretty cool. Don't worry Benny, you don't have to spend more money!

grizz 07-10-2011 03:56 AM

I am in for sure!

Just resurected another old shaft driven car I had in a box, and am in the process of finding the right body. If you guys do a group buy on shells, please let me know. So far, $45 delivered for a vintage HPI shell has been the best price i have found (located in brissy).

Shev 07-10-2011 03:59 AM

Where's that from Grizz? feel free to send that to me via pm or post here.

grizz 07-10-2011 04:14 AM

http://shop.ebay.com.au/8212scott/m....1&_from=&_ipg=

Looks like a few have sold in the last 2 days. If you decide to get one, I will grab the other. His counter offer to me was $37.50 plus $7.50 postage which seems pretty good.