Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FK05 lover
I kinda like that idea of running two rounds at Castlehill though
Kind of a dejavu thing huh ??

Kind of a dejavu thing huh ??
Old 11-06-2010, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

am sure Windsor would love to run it again..
Old 11-06-2010, 04:10 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Then I would suggest your committee to get an application form in by the due date.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just wondering which classes are running next year.
Would there ever be a chance of an F1 CC class, few of those bad boys getting around these days I would be very interested.

Brett
Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Hi Bret the classes for next year will be the same as this year. Except we will not have a super stock class. That then leads me into what you have suggested. I was thinking of opening it up to the clubs that will host a round. A demo class, no club or drivers pointscore,even to the extent of only top three trophies. Two trains of thought is either to have a different class for each club, or all the same eg F1 or even 12th and F1.Even F1,12th,FWD and Trans AM for each round split between the four clubs hosting a round ........

Just food for thought...
Old 11-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TJ
Hi Bret the classes for next year will be the same as this year. Except we will not have a super stock class. That then leads me into what you have suggested. I was thinking of opening it up to the clubs that will host a round. A demo class, no club or drivers pointscore,even to the extent of only top three trophies. Two trains of thought is either to have a different class for each club, or all the same eg F1 or even 12th and F1.Even F1,12th,FWD and Trans AM for each round split between the four clubs hosting a round ........

Just food for thought...
Sounds like fun
Old 11-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default I

Both great ideas i am keen For F1 12th and Transam split up over the diffrent rounds.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have spoken to TJ about this so I thought I would add it to the discussion.

I would like to see a FF FWD class with "real" FWD bodies and a control ESC and motor. The class would be a drivers series. I would be willing to sponsor the class for the entire series with trophies for first 3 placegetters at each round and a major prize at the end of the series (complete car kit with radio etc OR maybe airfare to TITC event in Thailand )

The cars in this class are cheap and good quality
Old 11-11-2010, 03:05 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Yes Greg you have talked to me about it but no decision has been given on it at this time. IF this idea of demo classes at each round of CC11 is adopted I think the best idea will be to talk to the clubs involved in hosting a round and see what we can come up with. At this point a different type of car would be a good mix but we will see what happens. We still don't have the numbers at this point we will see what in the PO Box in the next couple of days.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like the idea of letting the host select a demonstration class (or 2 depending on numbers). It allows the host to tailor the event toward what is raced at their club, whilst still holding all the regular Challenge Cup classes.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:21 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Thats what I was looking at. In a way to something different to the mix for the clubs. At this time F1 is quite big at Castle Hill and 12th scale at other clubs , I think TRANS - AM is quite strong at ACT.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nudie runs are big at windsor... can we have that as a class?
Old 11-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default the mix

Originally Posted by TJ
Thats what I was looking at. In a way to something different to the mix for the clubs. At this time F1 is quite big at Castle Hill and 12th scale at other clubs , I think TRANS - AM is quite strong at ACT.
ok here goes
New fwd car has been running at the hill in 540 and is close to a 540 in speed as you can get and having a willing sponsor is a good start
i see the mention of brushless but if we are going down that track what are the costs$$$$(must say the different entries to corners that a 4wd takes verses 2 wd it nearly as intresting as Bathurst before supercars im showing my age)

F1 already up and running at some clubs what motor limitation/tyre limitation as we want this to be a Premair Drivers class and at what are the costs

Transam ( My son sawthis and loved it) will we run 540 or 21.5 brushless and ill assume the tyres stay traditional from the origanal series but if we go 21.5 we will have to pick an ESC THATS STANDARD$$$$ how hard is that to tolerate

The one thing that finishes this of is that all classes represent REAL cars and from a boys point of view and public perception we can be seen to be racing scale cars.

The jump from 540 to 21.5 with open esc is a little hard for some kids and parents wallets to handle so that has to be kept in mind
some familys not necesaarily at our club dont have a computer let alone the finances to support it so$$$ are important
Old 11-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAM Racing
ok here goes
New fwd car has been running at the hill in 540 and is close to a 540 in speed as you can get and having a willing sponsor is a good start
i see the mention of brushless but if we are going down that track what are the costs$$$$(must say the different entries to corners that a 4wd takes verses 2 wd it nearly as intresting as Bathurst before supercars im showing my age)

F1 already up and running at some clubs what motor limitation/tyre limitation as we want this to be a Premair Drivers class and at what are the costs

Transam ( My son sawthis and loved it) will we run 540 or 21.5 brushless and ill assume the tyres stay traditional from the origanal series but if we go 21.5 we will have to pick an ESC THATS STANDARD$$$$ how hard is that to tolerate

The one thing that finishes this of is that all classes represent REAL cars and from a boys point of view and public perception we can be seen to be racing scale cars.

The jump from 540 to 21.5 with open esc is a little hard for some kids and parents wallets to handle so that has to be kept in mind
some familys not necesaarily at our club dont have a computer let alone the finances to support it so$$$ are important
If you go Trans Am (which i would love) then why not pick up the USVTA rules including the speedie and motor? 25.5 novak motor and a list of speedies that can be used.. Simple spec racing.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I actually think that 1/12th would be a good class to include. This is on the basis that it is also a aarcmcc sanctioned class, 1/12th seems to be promoting itself at the moment and i would expect that the challange cup would be a prime place for this to find its legs.

Also bare in mind that I am not biased in anyway as i do not own either a 12th ffwd or a F1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.