Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
What is the funniest thing uve seen at the track? >

What is the funniest thing uve seen at the track?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the funniest thing uve seen at the track?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Initiate

I was Racing at Castle Hill with my old TL01 Chassy.

The Steering arm broke and one of the wheel buckelled while I was going down the Straight. The Car flipped ont the two side wheels and went down the whole straight (about 30 metres or so) on it's too side wheels.
It was soo Cool!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: ouch that f@#%&*n hurt

Originally posted by jalk75
just today i seen customer at the hobby shop driving newly tuned v1s2 up and down the street only to see him get into a slide and smack his foot but thats not the funny part he jumps up holding the wrong foot saying f@#k that hurt nearly split my sides laughing (least wasnt me 4 a change)
that actually made me literally laugh!!! so did he finally pick up the "other" foot?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I seen i guy fall off a drivers stand once,it is a situation where its not funny, but its hard not too laugh

He was ok though
Old 06-28-2004, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The first drag night we had at Penrith about 2 years ago. I lined up on the start in a 1/8 Integra & just as I took off a guy put a mini z about half way up my lane. We had a radar gun & he wanted to see how fast his mini z went. Well lets just say when I hit it, it went faster than it had ever gone before. My car cartwheeled end over end for about 50 metres & surprisingly had no damage. The mini z disintegrated, I am still picking bits of it out of the old Integra. The funny part was seeing the owner of the mini z cradling what was left in his hand, giving it to his brother who put it on the track
Old 06-28-2004, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Car Stalling

Originally posted by andthen
The Same Car ever Week Stalls after 2 Laps, you think they would just Fix it.....................or stay at home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

If you are talking about the car I think you are, it usually stalls after one lap. Can you run the computer this week so I can tune it? Seriously I think it should be good for 5 or 6 laps this week
Old 06-28-2004, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MrRolla
I seen i guy fall off a drivers stand once,it is a situation where its not funny, but its hard not too laugh

He was ok though
How old was this driver? gosh how did he end up falling off the driver stand!!! dont they have some sort of fence? i bet he was leaning over to tell his pitman something and the wind blew him off lol
and yes it would be a hard not too laugh situation... but did you end up laughing
Old 06-28-2004, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Default tl 01

guy with the trusty tamiya REBUILDS his car - brings it to the track for a test run and it goes backwards!!
apparently they do that if you put in the diff backwards.

another guy has brake problems. on the tar it just won't go forwards. Picks up the car and it runs freely - wheels all spin - diffs work ok. It took about 10 people to look at it before the last one said - swap the sidebelt gears front to back. The front wheels were doing about half speed of the back. Trusty V1S from memory.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

when will i see some funny things at my track!
Old 06-28-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool Re: Re: Car Stalling

Originally posted by soc123_au
If you are talking about the car I think you are, it usually stalls after one lap. Can you run the computer this week so I can tune it? Seriously I think it should be good for 5 or 6 laps this week
Yeah, see you do have Sense of humour, Good to see, I am sure he even thinks its Funny.......Maybe..........

Old 06-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Car Stalling

Originally posted by andthen
Yeah, see you do have Sense of humour, Good to see, I am sure he even thinks its Funny.......Maybe..........

He does have a sense of humor, its my car
Old 06-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Not scared

Hey Thomas if the rules dont say they (set up wheels) are illegal then they are not illegal. and I dont care if it is Stewart Grant or Andrea the giant I will still stick up fo myself any time any place.
so as Tony Montanna always sais, dont F$#k with me man.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

hehe so you're the clown who tried to pick a fight

gg!

funniest thing i've seen is an xray m18 destroying a race of 540 novice and tamiya mini cars
7.2v pack and a brushless motor, a sight to behold
Old 06-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

one of the funniest thingts that happend to me at racing was when i asked my brother to wire up my 540 motor for me , and he did it.

so i took it out on the track for my first heat, put it down and went to drive it out and i couldnt see it, normally it just pops out from behind the stand . i got off the drivers stand to c that the car was back in the dirt because my brother put the bloody wires the wrong way arouind.

its funny now but i wasnt so happy then.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Not scared

Originally posted by kickass
Hey Thomas if the rules dont say they (set up wheels) are illegal then they are not illegal. and I dont care if it is Stewart Grant or Andrea the giant I will still stick up fo myself any time any place.
so as Tony Montanna always sais, dont F$#k with me man.
do you remember it alex?! i think the "issue" was brought up by someone at the start of the days meeting. the good 'ol NEO days
Old 06-30-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default funny thread?

HAVE SOME OF YOU GUYS FORGOTTEN WHAT THE NATURE OF THIS THREAD IS IF YOU WANT TO COMPLAIN AND CARRY ON TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.