Wiki Posts
Search

Issues with Tamiya TRF 415 - Please note

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Arrow

Originally posted by PaulG
rcmaster: So you have sold 14 of this kits. how many have you made yourself? if you know how to read a manual you would find the answer to your problems. I have built a few of this cars now and have had none of the problems that you are stating.

I have looked at your store online and I was thinking of buying stuff from you but after your dumb arse statements about this kit that is designed for pro racers and builders I think I'll rethink buying from you.

Things that you forgot to mention, if you felt you needed to point somethings out for the first time buyer, you might have told them the following

1. the kit comes with wheels but no tyres
2. the kit also does not come with a body shell
3. the chassis DOES require some sanding in the battery slots, this will mark the chassis.

Now that would have been helpful.

Do you really think that Tamiya would release a car that didn't fit together properly; I think not, it's not in their interest.

Maybe you should built the kit before you comment on its problems, I have built mine and have raced it and I think it is one of the best kits I have ever built and driven.

Think before you speak

Paul
Dear Paul,

Firstly, I have built the TRF 415 and I have not experienced the issues that my buyers are having. I have not said that everyone will experience these problems!

Secondly, to state that this TRF 415 kit is for Pro Racers and builders is terribly wrong. We have a range of skilled and non-skilled buyers, and I think you should re-read the posts and understand the content before touching the keyboard again.

thirdly, the 3 issues you mentioned are all covered in the Instruction manual that comes with the kit. Now - Tell me something that everyone else who bought the kit doesnt know!

Finally, this thread is not designed to display whos private parts are the biggest. SO contribute to assisting others, their questions and using your brain instead of your ....... or sit down, shut up and pull your head out.

Regards,

RC Master International
Old 04-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

dude!
Old 04-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

mate, enough slanging, but i can tell you paul is one of the nicest guys you will meet he spends all his time on raceday helping people set up there cars in between his races, and volunteers his time to marshall and help officiate the meets.

dood, the screw issue in the suspension arms is more than adequately explained in the manual , so you are shooting your own foot.

any way i'm over this thread.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

rcmaster: so, do you by from an overseas wholesaler ?
Old 04-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

RCMaster said:
To avoid damage to the Blue anodised ball joints during attachment to various plastic components, it is recommended that a screw of similar size and thread is used to "pre-thread" the hole before the installation of the anodised part. This will dramatically reduce scratching made by the Tamiya spanner to these parts.

I'd say
The kit does come with a cheap spanner. I use the Tamiya blue turnbuckle spanner and didn't mark the turnbuckles at all however a small adjustable spanner would work just as affectively

RCMaster said:
The TRF 415 kit does not include a pinion motor gear! You will need to purchase one of these separate to the kit.

I'd say:
True statement, however you will find it difficult to find a pinion to fit the supplied spur, I have found that it is easier to buy a new spur and pinion other then trying to find a pinion to fit the supplied spur. Tamiya doesn't supply a pinion that fits that spur gear, or so I am lead to believe.

Cheers
Paul Griffin
Old 04-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by TRF_StEvE
yeah well thats all cool, but why didnt he tell every customer who baught a 415 after he found out about the issue ( or simply read tha manual in the first place) about said issues ?

this post just rubbed me the wrong way.
Dear TRF_Steve,

We must question where this post has put you off side.

The original post and its content was carefully stated so as not to put people off buying the TRF 415, and was intended to be informative and proactive in its intent

To be honest - We at RC Master believe it to be the best kit from Tamiya for a long time...

Thats not to say that every kit will be exactly the same, just as every real car on the road has its own individual characteristics, qwerks and so on. Injection moulding is very accurate, but not perfect, and after these kits come to Australia imported from Japan in a container that isn't refridgerated (reaching up to 80 deg inside), then handled from agent to supplier, then to consumer, something has to give.

Regards,

RC Master International
Old 04-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rcmaster.net.au
Dear Paul,

Firstly, I have built the TRF 415 and I have not experienced the issues that my buyers are having. I have not said that everyone will experience these problems!

Secondly, to state that this TRF 415 kit is for Pro Racers and builders is terribly wrong. We have a range of skilled and non-skilled buyers, and I think you should re-read the posts and understand the content before touching the keyboard again.

thirdly, the 3 issues you mentioned are all covered in the Instruction manual that comes with the kit. Now - Tell me something that everyone else who bought the kit doesnt know!

Finally, this thread is not designed to display whos private parts are the biggest. SO contribute to assisting others, their questions and using your brain instead of your ....... or sit down, shut up and pull your head out.

Regards,

RC Master International
Ok let’s brake this down a little more.

1. I'm glad that you have built one. So if you have not had the problems, what is the difference in you kit to theirs, and the few that I have built?

2. This is a pro kit, or do you class the TL-01 kit in the same class as the TRF-415?

3. If the issues I mention are so clearly laid out in the manual and it has been pointed out in earlier post that the problem you refer to are in the manual then what is you post about? Would you not suggest that you clients should read the manual more closely?

As for the personal attack on me, I can deal with that. You have your little rant about dick size. Remember this, "Frustration is commonly the difference between what you would like to be and what you are willing to sacrifice to become what you would like to be."

But more importantly I expect people to be better than they are; it helps them to become better. But don't be disappointed when they are not; it helps them to keep trying.

Kindest regards
Paul Griffin
Old 04-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

[B]Ok let’s brake this down a little more.

1. I'm glad that you have built one. So if you have not had the problems, what is the difference in you kit to theirs, and the few that I have built?
From examination there have been no visual differences in the kits. Our assumption can only be that the others (like us) who have had extensive experience in building these kits can identify a problem before it leads to a larger issue. We may also have better tools and the skills that go with them, as opposed to the average RC modeller as well.

2. This is a pro kit, or do you class the TL-01 kit in the same class as the TRF-415?
We classify the TT-01 & TL-01's as beginner kits, TB-01 / 02 as intermediate, and TA04S/R & TRF414/415 as experienced build kits. However we do not discriminate against buyers regardless of their experience. We do, however warn our customers before they spend their hard earned $$ of what level of RC is suitable for their experience, environment, and purpose.

3. If the issues I mention are so clearly laid out in the manual and it has been pointed out in earlier post that the problem you refer to are in the manual then what is you post about? Would you not suggest that you clients should read the manual more closely?
Most buyers cannot read the manual for this kit until they buy it - this is typical for on line buying. In addition, the Tamiya web site is not specific, or informative regarding these issues. Only experienced builders such as you or I would pre-assume issues - such as the leaving out of the motor Pinion gear.

As for the personal attack on me, I can deal with that. You have your little rant about dick size. Remember this, "Frustration is commonly the difference between what you would like to be and what you are willing to sacrifice to become what you would like to be."
Regarding your assumption of attack, this is purely a rebuttal to your "after your dumb arse statements " comment. Such language is not required and can be structured differently to prove your point. Just as our "using your brain instead of your ....... or sit down, shut up and pull your head out" comment.

We are glad that this got your attention.

But more importantly I expect people to be better than they are; it helps them to become better. But don't be disappointed when they are not; it helps them to keep trying..
A wise man once said, practice what you preach.

Understand this - it is not our intention to be better than anyone on this forum. If comments from anyone prove to be informative, then we applaud the effort that goes into writing them. Just remember - not everyone out there will read the manual 110%, and not everyone out there understands the manual 110% either.

In this case, you may just be the exception.

Regards,

RC Master International.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default Just one question?

Are these kits bought through Toy Traders, the Australian Distributor?

Regards
Timmy
Old 04-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

I know mine was, my local hobby shop got them in after toy fair and I know that he buys from toy trades.

Cheers
Paul griffin
Old 04-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

I know mine was, my local hobby shop got them in after toy fair and I know that he buys from toy trades.

Cheers
Paul griffin
Thakyou
Old 04-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

yeah mine was to and i know for a fact it was the first legitamate one released !

there either baught overseas and imported, or baught from toy traders and he makes f*ck all out of them , which indicates low oberheads as in NO SHOP ?

computer industry is bad like this there's backyarders who can under cut you to get the sale, but they never last...

Last edited by fatdoggy; 04-13-2004 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TRF_StEvE
yeah mine was to and i know for a fact it was the first legitamate one released !

there either baught overseas and imported, or baught from toy traders and he makes f*ck all out of them , which indicates low oberheads as in NO SHOP ?

computer industry is bad like this there's backyarders who can under cut you to get the sale, but they never last...
I only ask as I like to support Scaletrix. Scaletrix must NEVER die!

Does RCMASTER plan on selling Dangun Racers?

Last edited by fatdoggy; 04-13-2004 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

who cares where they were purchased from toy traders or OS..
As long as he is selling them a good cheap prices.. "which they are" as long as new racers and hobbiest are more attracted to the sport because of the cheap prices..

doesnt it make cense to support rc-master..
Old 04-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Painy
who cares where they were purchased from toy traders or OS..
As long as he is selling them a good cheap prices.. "which they are" as long as new racers and hobbiest are more attracted to the sport because of the cheap prices..

doesnt it make cense to support rc-master..
Mr Painy,
I really dont care where they get them from either, makes no difference as far as im concerened.

I just want a local Dangun Racer supplier.

XXX
Timmy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.