Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TITC 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

End of day one qualifying and have managed to keep the Mini at 17th. Hopefully not getting punted out of the B main with one qualifier to come

The rest of the guys have had mixed results.

Mounty used the wrong gear chart and is now hoping for a better run tomorrow

Bradd is getting there with the Sakura in the 11.5 class

Not sure on everyone elses results
Old 02-27-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You can check results here btw:
http://www.titc.in.th/10_index/live_results.html
Old 02-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

team HB news on the Cyclone TC?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Had an absolute shocker today
A really BAAAAAD setup choice bit of bad luck and some average driving by me put me down towards the blunt end.
Alex I think you will do your $20
Having a great time over here pitting with some really great guys and meeting heaps of other TOY CAR loonies from all over.
Tomorrow is another sweaty day anyhow and with limited F1's there will probably be only one group for the finals.
Mounty bought a Superman T-shirt tonight..........
Vercoe tried to open a mobile disco with his car yesterday but had an epic fail due to no mirror ball.
Really cool to see some of the world's best drivers battling it out at the best venue I have ever seen. I will have to come back.
Badman out time to sleep now.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yes today was one i would rather forget ! was going off gear chart from t3 set-up book which just so happens to be a new cover on an old set-up book so instead of 1.9 ir it was 1.7 ir so i was 5 teeth under geared which is why it was coming out of corners like a 540!!! been having the shits all day wondering why changing programs every run with no luck! hopefully i can put in a fast one tommorow morn and jump up a few spots !! if only the lrp didnt stop have to thank wayne for lending me his spare tekin rsand wayne andandrew for helping me through out the day changing stuff to try and get speedy sorted

all the same having an awesome time over here and like badman said its unreal to see the best in the world racing !! anyway im off to get some shut eye will see how tomorrow pan's out maybe my superman shirt will help me
Old 02-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just thought I'd pop in to say : " Good luck ! ! ."

Sounds like you fellas are thoroughly enjoying yourselves ( not "too much " I hope) and meeting some of the best racers in the world.
Speaking of which, if someone can find speed in a can for minis , grab some for Wes.

Grant, I think you'll have to nurse his ego after the punishment he got in the heats on friday night.
It would have been another two lap victory in the final, if not for an un glued front tyre section !!!

Badman, keep that chin up high. Borrow a milk crate to stand on if that helps !

Enjoy your racing guys, do us proud and have a safe journey home in a few days...

Missing you all,
Fleety.

Last edited by fleetmaster; 02-27-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
End of day one qualifying and have managed to keep the Mini at 17th. Hopefully not getting punted out of the B main with one qualifier to come

The rest of the guys have had mixed results.

Mounty used the wrong gear chart and is now hoping for a better run tomorrow

Bradd is getting there with the Sakura in the 11.5 class

Not sure on everyone elses results
Looks like 16th on the published time sheets. Keep it up. Still lots of drivers without a time, including Surikarn. Has he not showed up or is he givin Mini a miss?

Look out for Stick King and Ben Hung. If you have a night out on the town with those guys, the competition may be too tough!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Well the finals were run and I only managed 8th in the B final. Learnt a few valuable lessons for finals when racing against the Asian guys. You simply just punt everyone as there is no such thing as a drive through penalty. Got punted twice by the same Korean guy without a hint of a "sorry"

Got good starts in both finals only to be eliminated by blatant hacks. Oh well, learnt for next year In three days of racing only one drive through was handed out and that was to Hara in the third A final when he run up the back of Groskamps car and put him out of the race.

It seems the local and other Asian drivers drive their R/C cars like they drive on the real roads

Otherwise the racing is great fun at a top facility. Having the likes of Groskamp coming down to my pit area without asking to suggest a few changes for my Mini is probably the highlight of the trip. The guy is a huge bonus in r/c racing. His willingness to talk and help is beyond any other racer. A few suggested we looked like father and son. Hilarious

Last edited by cannon; 02-28-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Well the finals were run and I only managed 8th in the B final. Learnt a few valuable lessons for finals when racing against the Asian guys. You simply just punt everyone as there is no such thing as a drive through penalty. Got punted twice by the same Korean guy without a hint of a "sorry"

Got good starts in both finals only to be eliminated by blatant hacks. Oh well, learnt for next year In three days of racing only one drive through was handed out and that was to Hara in the third A final when he run up the back of Groskamps car and put him out of the race.

It seems the local and other Asian drivers drive their R/C cars like they drive on the real roads

Otherwise the racing is great fun at a top facility. Having the likes of Groskamp coming down to my pit area without asking to suggest a few changes for my Mini is probably the highlight of the trip. The guy is a huge bonus in r/c racing. His willingness to talk and help is beyond any other racer. A few suggested we looked like father and son. Hilarious
haha i dont hear no accent like Jilles........when are you back Cannon ? may need to have a chat with you for some advice, Cheers, Patto.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Nice job to all the Aussies he went to the TITC I saw the results and they were good for most of you. Looks like Ben has the bragging rights in the 11.5 class. Now we wait to see some footage
Old 03-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Nice job to all the Aussies he went to the TITC I saw the results and they were good for most of you. Looks like Ben has the bragging rights in the 11.5 class. Now we wait to see some footage
yes well from the racing side of things a weekend to forget, massive stupidity on my behalf caused a less then impressive result ! but all the same had the time of my life over here and will 100% be back next year.
also talking with all the worlds best at the after party was a big highlight too with badman every 5 mins giving Hara/Kato hugs maybe hoping for some speed to rub off ! finally having a quiet night tonight(well me and badman are the other went out) to get some rest for the 9hr flight back home tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hello all,

Just on here to say thanks to the Australian Crew for showing me around the city and their HOT food! I had one of the best experiences of my life and can't wait till next year (hopefully it's indoors like they say).

Thanks to Greg Fisher for the IP Battery and Fans, much appreciated!

Also a little shout out to Team Yokomo Maylaysia and Thailand for their awesome support, I know I only finished in the top 3 in C but they really showed me how to set up my car.

Thanks again guys, I had a ball and I have started to count down the days already.

Oh yeah and thank you Speed Passion for the speed!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by my t2
yes well from the racing side of things a weekend to forget, massive stupidity on my behalf caused a less then impressive result ! but all the same had the time of my life over here and will 100% be back next year.
also talking with all the worlds best at the after party was a big highlight too with badman every 5 mins giving Hara/Kato hugs maybe hoping for some speed to rub off ! finally having a quiet night tonight(well me and badman are the other went out) to get some rest for the 9hr flight back home tomorrow.

I dont know if it was hugs he was giving, you two were pretty drunk, from my perspective he was humping thie legs

Grant and i didnt have the best of luck, with traffic, electricals, and poor setup choices at times.

A major speedie meltdown on friday pre qual dropped me from mid 20's pace to 53rd, and i never really recovered from there. The Sakura in the final was awesome charging through the field after an opening lap hack put me well back from the pack.

Mod racing at night time is SCARY
Old 03-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I dont know if it was hugs he was giving, you two were pretty drunk, from my perspective he was humping thie legs

Grant and i didnt have the best of luck, with traffic, electricals, and poor setup choices at times.

A major speedie meltdown on friday pre qual dropped me from mid 20's pace to 53rd, and i never really recovered from there. The Sakura in the final was awesome charging through the field after an opening lap hack put me well back from the pack.

Mod racing at night time is SCARY
Drunk? I was trashed
Thai Red Bull x 3 + lots of beer = Badman falling down steps at night club ending up with big lump on back of head now.
Yesterday felt like crap. Went to MBK crazy huge shopping center bumped into Andy Moore and went to Siam Tamiya on the way back to the hotel.
Hows work big fella? Bet your happy to be back already........PUNISHED
Just about to have breakfast and jump on plane back to normal land.
CYA
Old 03-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Badman Racer
Drunk? I was trashed
Thai Red Bull x 3 + lots of beer = Badman falling down steps at night club ending up with big lump on back of head now.
Yesterday felt like crap. Went to MBK crazy huge shopping center bumped into Andy Moore and went to Siam Tamiya on the way back to the hotel.
Hows work big fella? Bet your happy to be back already........PUNISHED
Just about to have breakfast and jump on plane back to normal land.
CYA
Yeah back at work already, eyes hanging out of head, its going to be a long long afternoon.

Oh a tip for mounty, i found a button under the aisle arm rest at the back which allows you to raise up the fixed arm, makes things much more comfortable.

Badman your on fire, drunk twice and you sustained 2 injuries

Yes it was a refreshing site seeing the harbour bridge from the plane, not to mention being surrounded by english speaking people, and zero thai taxi drivers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.