Nominations by midday $10 as usual.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:20 AM
Suspended

Default 1/12

who me
Old 07-28-2004, 11:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Just a bit of pre-event scrutineering Rex - save me time on the day.

Ok guys just a week or so to go to the next round at Hobby Station - 7th August from Midday.

I know some of the 1/12th have been practicing but what about the F1 - someone has to give Brett Ryan a challenge.

If you do the Cup event you can stay on and run the Saturday night meet at Hobby Station as well - save travelling, and then do Wynnum the next day and for some the previous Friday night as well - another true Iron Man weekend - 4 events are possible - get better - can your romance survive that Adam ?
Old 08-01-2004, 11:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It all happens this Saturday at Hobby Station guys - round 3 of the Racing Lines Cup (1/12th) and Action R/C cup (F1) - if you haven't tried it yet give it a go.

See the Hobby Station thread for my tips.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default What a busy weekend

Lets see...

Racing Friday night @ Yeronga with daughter.
Racing F1 Saturday - Round Three - (gotta do better at HobbyStation).
Appease the wife Saturday night (with attention and promises).
Racing Sunday - (Bayside just for fun).

I think I'll mow the lawn next weekend no worries.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: What a busy weekend

Originally posted by Havago Racing
Lets see...

I think I'll mow the lawn next weekend no worries.
Don't water it and it won't grow - problem solved or just ask the wife
Old 08-07-2004, 02:53 AM
TWISTED

Thanks Heavy for another great afternoons racing.

Congrats to the winners

Old 08-07-2004, 01:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

No worries it was a pleasure and thanks to Leo for the use of his track.
The new layout and track system at Hobby Sattion, due to arrive in teh next couple of weeks, will make it worth another visit - probably teh next round and we are tentatively looking at Sept 25th so you guys can pencil that in and I will confirm ASAP.

The numbers of 1/12th are encourageing but I am disapointed in F1. I really thought we might get that class back as it so cheap and they are so easy to do and so much fun but looks like I was wrong - looks like F1 is dead.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by heavy
....but I am disapointed in F1. I really thought we might get that class back as it so cheap and they are so easy to do and so much fun but looks like I was wrong - looks like F1 is dead.
Don't let it die! - I'm thinking go getting one and think Paul Fahey has just bought one to I believe.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Many thanks to Heavy for running the event, and Leo for letting us use hobbystation.

Pity about the F1 turnout - bear in mind though that we were down by a few people in F1 due to a few people being sick. Maybe we should look at allowing the F201s to run, but allowing them a sport tuned motor (or rebuildable stock)? Since it's the only chassis that is currently produced (I think) - or at least readily available - I think this might be what we need to make the class viable. But that's just my opinion. It might well be dead for all I know...

I really think 1/12th is sitting on the edge of acceptance in Brisbane - there's a lot of people keen to buy a car, so long as there's somewhere to race and people to race with. But nobody wants to be that person and take the risk of having a car they only race occasionally. It's hard to make that leap (read:investment) when racing only happens once in a while.

Is anyone else willing to commit to racing 1/12 every week to try and get the class really moving? Although I've got a lot to learn about racing those pocket rockets, they're waaay fun. And I think it will be a cheap (and fast) class.

??

-Scott
Old 08-09-2004, 03:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Guy's

l've been reading these pages here and looking at the club's website. You run F1's but what ones and how many do run? And why you don't mention the F1's on the website?

Cheers Peter
Old 08-09-2004, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

It was our pleasure to host the last round of 1/12 and F1 racing at HS.

I would love to see 1/12 and F1 racing fortnight in HS!! If people want I can change the track for them each round to make it interesting too!!!

I will try my best to see this class going strong again!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 11:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by xrturbo
Hey Guy's

l've been reading these pages here and looking at the club's website. You run F1's but what ones and how many do run? And why you don't mention the F1's on the website?

Cheers Peter
Up to now F1 hasn't been a regular class at HS. We ran a round of the Action R/C Cup at Hobby Station last weekend and there were only five entries in F1.

Action R/C started the Cup (a 5 round series) with the intention of reviving F1 to it's former glory but unfortunately after 3 rounds already run things are not looking to good. The series limits entries to 2 wheel drive F1 chassis (Tamiya, Corally, Duratrax, Cross etc.)

So far we have made no attempt to get racing happening for the Tamiya 4wd chassis.

The next round of the Cup will be at Hobby Station as well probably Saturday afternoon 25th September (to be confirmed) so if you have a 2wd F1 why not plan to be there. We run 540 grey motors and 8 minute races.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Heavy,

It's a little odd that you guy's are running the old F1's? Why havn't you gone towards the F201's?

Do you know if there are any other club's up there in Qld that run F1's?

Down here in Melbourne the F201's are flying and the race here at Boronia is close! We have betwwen 8 to 11 per round.

Cheers Peter
Melbourne.

PS...would love to come up and race against you guys in F1. l think that l could beat the guys with my F201?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.