Wiki Posts
Search

ESC's which one???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by black-knight
What about the Shulze speedo that copes with BL and Brushed?
yes its very close the "right" size

how does it perform as a brushed esc? or have they lost the plot with compromise and it does neither task well enough?? besecroe you have one any comments?
Old 03-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by contact
yes its very close the "right" size

how does it perform as a brushed esc? or have they lost the plot with compromise and it does neither task well enough?? besecroe you have one any comments?
I used it for the first time on Sunday, it felt very good, waas nice and smooth, and had very good brakes. It didnt feel like it had the bottom end rip of the hacker, but as a result was better to drive. I had a fan on it, and dumped a race pack, with the 6 turn, on the thirsty northside track and it didnt get too hot, could still leave hand on heatsinks, motor was pretty warm (although not an overly hot day), i will give it another run tomm at EC and see how it copes there.

Its size is a lot easier to accomodate, and i like the plugs for the motor wires, makes pulling the car apart much simpler. Only big downside is that it does not have a switch, so you need someone BL savvy to turn it on properly. I have yet to try it with a brushed motor.

Overall the Hacker and the U Force are close, with the Kontronik next (personally i didnt like it, but DC and Wombat seem to be having good results)
Old 03-18-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

actually, i'd get a Tekin...
"Back in the day" Tekin used to kick arse over Novak, the performance, longevity and quality of Tekin were far superior IMHO, it is a shame they went out of business. I still have a couple of Tekins that are going strong.

Who remembers the 410k, that oyu could switch off from your transmitter at the end of the race? was pretty handy.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
"Back in the day" Tekin used to kick arse over Novak, the performance, longevity and quality of Tekin were far superior IMHO, it is a shame they went out of business. I still have a couple of Tekins that are going strong.

Who remembers the 410k, that oyu could switch off from your transmitter at the end of the race? was pretty handy.
Yes the 410K was cool. The G9 and G12's were good too.

The only problem with Tekin was the importer lol... this must also be why i dislike LRP lol
Old 03-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Yes the 410K was cool. The G9 and G12's were good too.

The only problem with Tekin was the importer lol... this must also be why i dislike LRP lol
With the Kontronic remember the Twist 55 Never makes a 5 min race as DC proved and has we (Besercoe and I) tested it shut down every time. But the 47 does the job just fine, Just goes to show you have to do testing before we put a B/L on the approved list. I can't see why we can't include the 47 on the list now.

Coxy.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

the robitronic i mentioned earlier has plugs like the shultze and can be switched off form the tansmitter... but wont run BL

so for some people the kon has merit eh? pretty much what i said
Old 03-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Coxy
With the Kontronic remember the Twist 55 Never makes a 5 min race as DC proved and has we (Besercoe and I) tested it shut down every time. But the 47 does the job just fine, Just goes to show you have to do testing before we put a B/L on the approved list. I can't see why we can't include the 47 on the list now.

Coxy.

there is no reference to esc's on the approved list so whats the reason for not including the 55 as well as the 47? there is nothing to stop someone running a hacker esc and kon motor is there?
Old 03-18-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

the robitronic i mentioned earlier has plugs like the shultze and can be switched off form the tansmitter... but wont run BL

No not at all.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

there is no reference to esc's on the approved list so whats the reason for not including the 55 as well as the 47? there is nothing to stop someone running a hacker esc and kon motor is there?
Whatever.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry Kontact but once again you have missed the point, we are trying to make it easier for people to get into BL and not waste their time, if we had gone open slather and approved all motors as per your wishes, after reading your posts little Johnny would have gone out and bought a Kon speedie and a 55 motor, which would have yielded him 4 minutes runtime before thermal shutdown kicked in.
DC and Wombat have got the Kon/47 combo which seems fine, and BK used the hacker/55 combo on the weekend.

On their own the Kon motors (47 and 55) are suitable for BL racing, and as such should be put forward for approval, but it must be stressed to new BL people that some combos are better than others. Again myself Coxy BK, and ARCMACCA's are trying to take baby steps and keep people from wasting their money, we are not worried about how many ads we can put in to fill up the catalogue.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Champion

I have found the Hacker / Twist 55 to be a good combo so far, after a 5min race both motor and speedo remain pretty cool. I assume the Twist 55 is simply less powerful that the 6t Hacker.

Twist 55 power was good, def quick enough for fast mod pace. From what i saw last weekend the Kontronic Beat 70 speedo is def suited to TC racing.

But i'm frustrated with BL at the moment in the rules department. The current "list" of approved motors is too restrictive and needs to be expanded.

Contact what are your thoughts on expanding the list? Lets say we want to add the Kontronic range and the Shulze range. What should we do? Is it up to 1 individual to push for an expanded list?
Old 03-18-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what about the GM V12. is that a top esc or is that not worth considering?
Old 03-19-2004, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Contact what are your thoughts on expanding the list? Lets say we want to add the Kontronic range and the Shulze range. What should we do? Is it up to 1 individual to push for an expanded list?
do you really want my opinion...

i cant understand why it keeps comming back to systems, when its only motors that need approval and no one yet has been able to find fault with any motor sans lack of power (which at worst is no different to brushed motors) if the list was for esc's as well as motors then perhaps there is more reason for a steady approach

regardless whatever the "cutting edge" australians do it will be superceeded by ifmar rules when they come in, and its pretty clear at this stage that they will be going for a seperate class, its easier to wait for the split than to pursue changing the current rules

to quote coxy "whatever"

the GM V12 (and sx9) both good speedies and my experience has been they are close to bullet-proof but complex to program in relation to others
Old 03-19-2004, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default old tekin

ive got a 12 year old tekin (cant remember the model) and it runs great. it has a whooping great heatsink on it.

my ? is this why dont the new speedys have heatsinks?

thanks
gary
Old 03-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

well with the new LRP quantum 2 you can buy a worlds kit which had some capacitors and heat sinks in it. not sure if any other product has an option like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.