Wiki Posts
Search

Should I be worried??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Should I be worried??

Feb 11 2004: I made a Paypal payment for US$616.10 (AUS$800) to Control Centre for a number of goods including a Xray T1R, Futaba S9550 Servo, MC330CR ESC a whole heap of Foams, Tires, inserts, Spurs, pinions, lexen bodies and spares.

Feb 12 2004: Control Centre came back saying that the order will be sent out on the 13th,
Feb 18 2004: I asked if the shipment was sent on the 13th, (usually EMS from HK to Aust only takes 3-4 days.)
Feb 19 2004 Control Centre confirmed that it was sent out on the 13th and also provided the EMS tracking number.

now I checked this tracking number with both the HongKong post and Australia Post online EMS tracking facility, and this number was not in the system,

Feb 26 2004: I also emailed HongKong post to further this inquiry, they came back with:
Dear Mr. M______,

Thank you for your e-mail.
However, we are sorry to inform you that we have no posting record of the
item number with EE _______ HK being received in our system up till this
moment.
Would you please re-confirm the item number and its date of posting with the
sender.
Should you have further queries in the matter, please inform the sender to
contact us at (852) 2921 2211 or send us the copy of the Certificate of
Posting with the contact person's name and tel/fax no. by fax (852) 2868
4723 for follow-up actions

Best regards,
K. H. Leung
for Superintendent of Posts
(Mail Tracing Office/Call Centre)
Hongkong Post
and am curious as to why this apparent shipment was not booked onto the postal system,

has anyone else experienced these sort of issues from Control Centre? (am I being to critical?)

it has been three weeks since I made the payment and I am worried as this is not a small sum of money.

I have relayed this information to Control Centre, and are still waiting for a response.

(I have also posted this in the control Centre forum to see if they will responde to it)
Old 03-02-2004, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thats very starange as I have never had a problem with Control Centre....
I would give them a call personally to sort this out I think...
Old 03-02-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

I hope you can work this out....
Old 03-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Should I be worried??

Originally posted by Rod M
Feb 11 2004: I made a Paypal payment for US$616.10 (AUS$800) to Control Centre for a number of goods including a Xray T1R, Futaba S9550 Servo, MC330CR ESC a whole heap of Foams, Tires, inserts, Spurs, pinions, lexen bodies and spares.

Feb 12 2004: Control Centre came back saying that the order will be sent out on the 13th,
Feb 18 2004: I asked if the shipment was sent on the 13th, (usually EMS from HK to Aust only takes 3-4 days.)
Feb 19 2004 Control Centre confirmed that it was sent out on the 13th and also provided the EMS tracking number.

now I checked this tracking number with both the HongKong post and Australia Post online EMS tracking facility, and this number was not in the system,

Feb 26 2004: I also emailed HongKong post to further this inquiry, they came back with:

and am curious as to why this apparent shipment was not booked onto the postal system,

has anyone else experienced these sort of issues from Control Centre? (am I being to critical?)

it has been three weeks since I made the payment and I am worried as this is not a small sum of money.

I have relayed this information to Control Centre, and are still waiting for a response.

(I have also posted this in the control Centre forum to see if they will responde to it)

This does not sound good I have purchased lots of gear from ASIA and the longest i have waited is a week Me i would be really really pissed off Give them heaps, get them off their bums and get them to do the work Failing all else, if you go through PayPal they will shake them up and they should do something for you.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have delt with control centre before and this is exactly what happened to me. I was VERY unimpressed when i found out what really happened. I won't post the details in here but i'll PM you when i get home to let you know what the deal is.

Don't worry though, your gear WILL arrive.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Yep,, doesn't sound too good.

I've ordered parts with no problems and with great service before and none took this long.

But in this case, contact control center and get them to check that EMS number they provided... According to what you said, they should also fail to find any record of the shipment through HK Post and are probably wondering what happened to the shipment now as well???

Paypal is very strict on these things. You can seek the reversement of the payment if all else fails through them and/or you credit card provider. (This may be a little tough)
Old 03-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Tech Master

well it has been 9 days since I last heard from Control Centre, and 27 days since I made the deposit,

they have responded to the thread I started their forum here , but although they said they would get back to me as of yet they haven't,

at this stage I am throughly unimpressed with what is happening,
Old 03-07-2004, 02:41 AM
Tech Addict

I've lost packages before but never when they've been sent via EMS. If it was less $$$ then I would say just cut your losses and purchase from somewhere else but $600 is a fair bit.

The one I lost was $150 and I kind of thought I had saved about $2500 by buying OS so I could probably afford to lose $150 every now and then...

Its hard to believe stuff can just vanish in the postal system...
Old 03-07-2004, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Andrew_XXXs
Its hard to believe stuff can just vanish in the postal system...
Thats the point, I am nearly 100% sure that they never sent the gear to me in the first place, it at least would of been scanned in at HK post.

when I first emailed them I was asking for 25 different items on the one order, I was suprised that they came back saying that they had everything in stock.

I believe that they "say" they have everything in stock and only procure your order after thay have your money.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hi Rod,

Sorry to go off topic but what is the address of the site you bought the gear off?

Last edited by MrRolla; 03-07-2004 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Rod M
Thats the point, I am nearly 100% sure that they never sent the gear to me in the first place, it at least would of been scanned in at HK post.

when I first emailed them I was asking for 25 different items on the one order, I was suprised that they came back saying that they had everything in stock.

I believe that they "say" they have everything in stock and only procure your order after thay have your money.
Hey Rod,

did you pay via paypal?

they have a buyer protection thingy dont they?
Old 03-07-2004, 04:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by MrRolla
Hi Rod,

Sorry to go off topic but what is the address of the site you bought the gear off?
He bought off Control Centre....
http://controlcentre.rctech.net
Old 03-07-2004, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Coney
Hey Rod,

did you pay via paypal?

they have a buyer protection thingy dont they?
yea, via paypal, If I don't get a (good) response within the next few days I will be requesting a refund via paypal.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, looks like control centre is stuffing you round rod, i'll post the message I sent to you last week and hopefully they read it. Just be aware, your package might have been scanned, just control centre give you a false number. Anyways, here we go.

I'll tell you what happened when I ordered from control centre.

I ordered my 3PK radio system and accesories from them, they said it would be here within a week. I needed it two weeks from when I ordered it so that was fine. The order was processed (through paypal) and control centre sent me my EMS tracking number.

For the next week I attempted to find my package with no success, I contacted them via e-mail and they said it was sent, blah blah blah. I was unhappy with this so I called them direct, they said that the hong kong postal service was unreliable and EMS didn't always work.

I thought well fair enough. Another week went by, I missed the date I needed it for, and now I was pissed off. I again call them, they said they will start the processs to find the missing item. ANOTHER week goes by and nothing. Early into the 4th week, my package finally arrives.

This is what I eventually found out from the australian post office and the hong kong post office. First of all, they gave the the WRONG EMS number to me, I continually asked them to check it and they kept saying it was correct. I then found out that the package was sent 5 days before I received. NOT when control centre said they sent it. Which I assume is why they gave me the false number. I confronted control centre about it, but they refused to reply to me.

I won't order from them again, but at least my gear arrived in one piece.

WHAT SAY YOU CONTROL CENTRE.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:43 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Was that recently, like over Chinese New Year??

(22nd Jan - 5th Feb 2004)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.