Community
Wiki Posts
Search

radio help for racing 1/5 harm !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Questions?? radio help for racing 1/5 harm !!

hi guys i am new to this forum and this is my first question for you guys to help me out with !!!

i have recently decided to join my local rc car club down here in icey tasmania (Hobart Radio Control Car Club)

i have bought a H.A.R.M sx3 08 package (minus the transmitter and reciver) the package is one that some of you guys may have seen forsale or even know the owner!!

any way i what planning on using my jr xr3 transmitter and reciver in the car but thought i have better make sure that i will be able to use this set when i end up starting to race with the club !!

so come on guy lets hear your thoughts !!

thanks
Old 10-05-2009, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

You'd have to check it's ability to provide the brake mixing that you need with 1/5th.

It would be easier if you go alone to the club and ask some of the local experienced 5th guys about it. Take the radio alone so they can check it out and see what they say.

It's been a while since I've has a look at the JR radio that you mention.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:11 AM
Tech Initiate

It will be able to do what you need with the three servo's. Have a read or download the manual and it is easy to setup.

It has the same capabilities as a spektrum DX3 as it is the same radio without the 2.4.

Ive got one on a couple of my 1/5ths. Of course it is still frequency based though so it is not ideal in the long run to keep your car out of harms way.