Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
cross entries...stock/mod..whats the deal? >

cross entries...stock/mod..whats the deal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cross entries...stock/mod..whats the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
You brought up the reversing issue, so now it is on topic.

If you get stuck it is your fault. If someone runs into your crashed/stuck car that is usually their fault. Or, if there was no time to adjust their line to avoid you it is bad luck, but in this second instance reversing wouldn't have helped because there wouldn't have been time.

Without exception when I've seen people using reverse in a race they have unfairly caused accidents.
dude, one day you will be in a situation where you wish you had reverse
Old 03-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

well if club days allow cross entries, then its a non issue.
I have not been able to run in 2 class's since coming back into the sport. But I see the 'no cross entries' on entry forms. However now I have been told its at state's & national's level, it should have no bearing on me since im only interested in running at club meets.

So next race, I'll run 2wd mod, 4wd stock, trucks , and all in reverse

might need to change the location of the wing for downforce
Old 03-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastbynature
dude, one day you will be in a situation where you wish you had reverse
Hey, we've all been in that situation. But if I had one wish it wouldn't be for reverse; it would be that I didn't crash in the first place.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

roll cage would be nice so your car would never by upside down
Old 03-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NOFX

Reversing = big no-no, it is an absolute hazard, run it during practise, thats fine but in the races it causes more problems than it sovles, if u end up nose first into a corner, thats your drama, holler for a marshall
This is cheap coming from you who used reverse in the Truck final at last years NSW titles oh thats right you hit the barrier (barrier mesh) so hard that you didn't break but is pushed the car back 1.5 mtrs........BIG NO-NO hey Mikey
Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ummmm
This is cheap coming from you who used reverse in the Truck final at last years NSW titles oh thats right you hit the barrier (barrier mesh) so hard that you didn't break but is pushed the car back 1.5 mtrs........BIG NO-NO hey Mikey
mate i think you'll find you need your head read, i never used reverse at the states, you're the first person to ever mention anything like that, i dont recall that incident with the mesh, i remember hitting the concrete mound on the last turn chasing down jarod jackson who had the lap before taken out Keith Seyer and carried on driving (vic), anyway, that was a hard hit, certainly i thought something would have broken but it didnt (losi's are tough cars)and the car rolled back enough for me to hook it around the mound
Old 03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

who are u anyway, hiding behind a 24 posting secondary name and coming up with this crap
Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Whether it's a clubbie or a National title the rules should be the same , by and large. Sure , some discretion may be used at club level but if a newbie went to a clubbie and a) used reverse and b) cross-entered.........then went to an AARCMCC or ORRCA race and couldn't do either.....wouldn't that be a tad confusing?

My 2 cents worth........

Shane
Old 03-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

correct me if im wrong, but at the last nationals, you could cross enter trucks (mod?), with any stock class's as well?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Cross Entry

I thought it was just titles. Some clubs may be large enough to follow this rule but not ours. Our club(onroad) has stock, s/stock, nitro and possibly mini (mo3). Because it is small in numbers we can run in any or every event. Great for the racing and very good experience. Offroad here is much the same.

Terry
Old 03-03-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

It's true, if cross entries were allowed, you would likely get trophy hunters who can handle a 4W mod, but not a 2W, and so enter stock thinking their chances have improved, but as good drivers are good drivers, that might be arguable. As a stock racer (I'd prefer to exclusively race 540, but aparently not having to buy any tyres tyres makes you a nancy boy) I think it's completely fair enough to make a class choice and stick to it (I have to buy a few tyres, now. Dammit!!!).

Club days, anything goes. That's because club days are just fun racing, where it's not meant to matter so much.

Each class has it's own style, and plenty of stock racers could cut it in mod and vice versa, but that's not really the point. You race a class in off road, not a pair of cars. The cross entry in truck (I'm told) has been there to increase patronage, and I beleive that you can't cross enter down, only up if you go by letter of the rules [I'm going to be corrected if I'm wrong, so feel free]

As for the reversing thing.........something about if you have to ask

this is where I justify the rant by saying "my 20c worth"
Old 03-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Funny Ant, I know this Guy who won the '08 Vics in 2wd 540 with a 17 year old car holding off against B4's etc.
It must have been the car, because this Guy is slow, Troy even said so!

Personally, I'm fitting a Road ranger to the B44 so I can have multiple reversing speeds.
I hear Eaton do a discount for knox members.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

Cross-entering between motor classes has always been fine at the Clubs I have been at. Partly because the numbers often aren't sufficient to run multiple 4wd (for example) classes. The one thing that can really make RC racing not fun is having no one to race against, so clubs usually do all they can to encourage as many entries as possible. Often experienced racers will race an older car in Stock just to give the younger guys someone to race against. I myself have a tradition of running my first RC car, a Tamiya Madcap at least once a year. If I've been racing Modified 2wd that season (as I have in the past) then I wouldn't stop running that just because I'm running the Tamiya that month.

I've always thought of it like this: The club meetings are for fun and experimentation, or for trying to get the hang of a faster class. Maybe you've just bought your first Modified motor and want to give Mod Truck a go while you keep racing 2wd Stock – that's cool. But when it comes time for the big meetings you pick your level and race it.

What makes the major meetings challenging and fun is that little bit of seriousness. In that situation it is entirely appropriate to ask a racer to nominate the level they feel they can race at. If you split classes at a major meeting you are effectively saying 'Hey I'm in this class to win, but I'm in this other class just to go around,' which isn't fair on those others who are taking the second class seriously.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer
Funny Ant, I know this Guy who won the '08 Vics in 2wd 540 with a 17 year old car holding off against B4's etc.
It must have been the car, because this Guy is slow, Troy even said so!

Personally, I'm fitting a Road ranger to the B44 so I can have multiple reversing speeds.
I hear Eaton do a discount for knox members.
It was 23yrs old, and I splashed out and bought 2 sets of tyres Love the Vintage!!

But yes, I'm slow. The master has spoken!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ant0276
But yes, I'm slow. The master has spoken!
Your lap times don't say so mate gives the rest of us something to chase

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.