2009 Tamworth Cup ,NSW vs QLD Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Old 04-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Starter Boxes

Originally Posted by tamracer
The dates are as mentioned 29th,30th and 31st of May... The track layout will be posted after this weekend coming.
pictures of the track can be found of google earth the track is east from tamworth......
will take some pictures this weekend and also pics of the track layout and post on sunday night............
Also regarding gentlemans agreement with rubbers for mod if any suggestions come across im sure we can work something out.
My personal choice for that time of year would be sorex 32 with medium c inserts......
Hi There

There are some people wanting to come down to Tamworth this year our third trip( we missed last year due to the fact we were told you were not running any more Tamworth Cups) from BRCCC but we only have starter boxes. In the past we went out and brought pull start motors only to find when we arrived on race day your members were using starter boxes. There is a fair cost to come down and stay two or three nights, then to have to go out and spend more money on a electric starting device, just ads more to the very tight budget we all have. Hope you can see reason so as we can come down and have as much fun as we have in the past. Await your reply.
Doug Norton
President Bayside Radio Control Car Club (Wynnumrc .com)
Old 04-19-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I see some of you guys are after pics,

here are some from last year.

cheers

ashley

click for a bigger image

Old 04-21-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

just 39 more sleeps to go
Old 04-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dragonfire will talk to treasurer amd see what she says .
Can I drop entry and payment off at that hobbyshop in the main street of Tamworth (I think it was toyworld)? My GF is up at Armidale and will be heading back through on friday so this will make it nice and easy.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default entry and payment

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Can I drop entry and payment off at that hobbyshop in the main street of Tamworth (I think it was toyworld)? My GF is up at Armidale and will be heading back through on friday so this will make it nice and easy.
Dragonfire

Yeah no problems drop them into me at Toyworld and i will pass them on.

Alan
Tamworth Toyworld
Old 04-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fullspeed_tc3
Dragonfire

Yeah no problems drop them into me at Toyworld and i will pass them on.

Alan
Tamworth Toyworld
Thanx... I'll have Suzi drop the entry in on the way home.

Cheers.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Starter Boxes

The dates are as mentioned 29th,30th and 31st of May... The track layout will be posted after this weekend coming.
pictures of the track can be found of google earth the track is east from tamworth......
will take some pictures this weekend and also pics of the track layout and post on sunday night............
Also regarding gentlemans agreement with rubbers for mod if any suggestions come across im sure we can work something out.
My personal choice for that time of year would be sorex 32 with medium c inserts......
It appears you have plenty of nominations and dont need our support SEE POST 19/04 FROM MY SELF
Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default pullstart class

Originally Posted by douglas norton
It appears you have plenty of nominations and dont need our support SEE POST 19/04 FROM MY SELF
Doug

Yes several years ago there were issues with bump start boxes etc. However last year all cars had to be started under the drivers stand with either a pullstart or an electric start device (not bumpstart box).This was scrutinered as much as possible. I beleive every motor last year was started by pullstart,there were no electric start devices used at all

It is beleived that using a bumpstart box defeats the purpose of having a pullstart or such similar device and the class is aimed at pullstart motors not bumpstart motors.

If your cars have pullstarts on their motors then there would be no extra cost in you guys coming down and enetering the pullstart class.

If your motors can only be started by bumpstart boxes(as per your original post) then these would have to enter the open class.

The club hopes that you will come down to race as it will be a great weekend.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Not that I even race nitro but any starting system that is connected to the motor full time should have some form oneway bearing and therefore add an additional load to the motor. I don't really see the difference.

Also why would you even allow a starter box? Not that it is an advantage but if you use a starter box you could use an empty pull start case on the end of you motor and have the advantage of more power. If the class is pullstart then I would think that you should only be allowed to use that type of starting device.

Anyway I have prolly just added fuel to someones fire.... C everyone next month.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Regarding the pull start class,yes over previous years there has been some issues with persons using bump start boxes when clearly the riles stipulate the non use of starting aids.to be honest policing it has been hard over years due to lack of helpers but last year it was policed considerably well and i believe there was no cheaters as thats all your doing when going against rules.
This year will be same as last year, all pull start cars will arrive into area under drivers stand and started from there by functional pull start or electric start mecahisms and also these electris devies can only be used on commercially available motors designed for, and ill be personally policing this area of scrutineering so in answer to questions no there will be no use of alternative starting aids and also to prevent the use of boxes in the pit areas aiding the ease of starting engines all engines will be inspected to be cold engines not warm that are started................
regards russell..........
Old 04-25-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This may be over-simplifying things, but if you're noy using the pullstart to start the engine, why even bother with calling it a pullstart class? Sounds kinda hypocritical to me.
If you have bought a pullstart engine for this class, it will jave a functional pullstart fitted. So there is no "extra cost" as someone suggested earlier. If you don't have a starter box that you're not supposed to use in this class anyway, just use the pullstarter that came with the engine to begin with!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 02:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Not wanting to get involved in the debate at all but just by way of some explanation for those who are involved.

In Queensland we don't run a Pull start class generally. We run a class whcih we call "Gas Tourer" and it is for a 1hp limited engines. So for those guys wanting to go to Tamworth to race they don't already have a pullstart motor and for most buying a motor specially for the event is not an option either because most Queenslanders run cars that a pull start won't fit into.

Because of the new AARCMCC Pullstart class there are a few pullstart cars in Brisbane now and a couple of them will probably come but virtually none of our regular gas tourers drivers will be able to race unless they race open nitro where they will be well outclassed.

Hope that helps teh understanding
Old 04-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vazzo
Will the weight for EP cars be 1425g?
Good point will it be a weight of 1425g for the ep as i didnt see anything said from the last post?
Old 04-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Tech Initiate

regarding weights for ep touring cars........1500 grams for 6 cell cars and 1425 for 5 cell cars.........................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.