Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

M03/M05's - The Aussie Mini Racing thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 06:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi All

Hoping someone can help me out. I recently purchased the 3racing gear diff and also the 3racing ball diff for my m05 and I am having the problems stated below

- Gear diff, I cannot seem to get the cushion clips on the stand tamiya driveshafts I keeps snapping them, is there a reason they wont fit? Do I need different driveshafts?

- Ball diff, seems that when I put the driveshaft into the diff side they are not long enough to sit into the wheel carrier and just fall out.

Any help with this would be great!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Is the 13t/35amp spec combo still the standard for mini racing?
Yes
Old 03-19-2015, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by leeism
- Gear diff, I cannot seem to get the cushion clips on the stand tamiya driveshafts I keeps snapping them, is there a reason they wont fit? Do I need different driveshafts?
CVD's, oh you said standard tamiya driveshafts - meaning dog bones? Sorry, don't know. I use the 3Racing plastic clips on Tamiya CVD's no problem
Old 04-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Has anyone had much experience with bodies affecting handling on M05s?

I'm new to mini, looking at buying a PROTOform SoCal body, which is a mid wheel base, same as the other popular configs at ACT Indoors. Does it make a difference in mini?

Just the Suzuki Swift shell that came with the car feels heavy and like thick plastic, would prefer to reduce that high-up top heavy weight with a lighter lexan shell. It also doesn't have a factory rear wing like the Swift does, and I understand rear traction is a thing in mini... Will it perform as well/better?

tl:dr How does the PROTOform SoCal body perform compared to other more popular shells on a technical indoor track?
Old 04-12-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Another thing:

Tyres I plan on running are M-Grips all round, with Tamiya hard inserts on the front, and Tamiya soft inserts on the rear, is this correct for ACT Carpet?
Old 04-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jedx
Another thing:

Tyres I plan on running are M-Grips all round, with Tamiya hard inserts on the front, and Tamiya soft inserts on the rear, is this correct for ACT Carpet?
We run the Treaded Shimizus on carpet
Old 04-18-2015, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Another thing:

Not going to rotate the tyres Justin?
Old 04-18-2015, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by leeism
We run the Treaded Shimizus on carpet
Where are you? What sort of carpet?
Old 04-20-2015, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Not going to rotate the tyres Justin?
I dont know??!!

I presume I should be running the same inserts front and back then.. Do I run the soft or hard ones?

Also should I wack anti-roll bars in it to stop the super easy traction rolling? (Came un-installed with the car I bought) Or will it slide out too much with them installed?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

I dont know??!!

I presume I should be running the same inserts front and back then.. Do I run the soft or hard ones?

Also should I wack anti-roll bars in it to stop the super easy traction rolling? (Came un-installed with the car I bought) Or will it slide out too much with them installed?
The fronts will wear very quickly, the rears will last ages, so I use (and I think most of us use) hard foam inserts all round and just rotate rears to fronts when the fronts wear out. I normally use the Tamiya Hard inserts, but am going to try the Shimizu one piece inserts to see if they're ok (will save glueing the flat Tamiya ones)

Roll bars will probably depend on the rest of your set up. I don't use them anymore. But stick them on for one qualifier and see what you think
Old 04-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

How does the PROTOform SoCal body perform compared to other more popular shells on a technical indoor track?
Mark used to run the Protoform. Does he still own it? Would be interesting to weigh them and see where the different bodies sit. We had quite a collection the other night. Only 2 out of 9 the same

MWB - Tamiya Arbath
LWB - Tamiya JCW Mini
LWB - Tamiya RX7
MWB - Tamiya Swift
MWB - HPI BMW
SWB - Tamiya Mini Rover
MWB - Tamiya Swift
MWB - Ride Volvo (Guess)
SWB - Tamiya Pumpkin truck

(I think)
Old 04-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Where are you? What sort of carpet?
At PerthRC. Not sure exactly what type of carpet it is.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys, this is your favourite Canadian here. (I am your favourite, right? I mean, besides Justin Bieber.)

I've already contacted Tim Keillor about this but thought I'd put the word out here, too. I'm looking for a Xevo Chariot chassis kit. I don't need all the M03 bits, just the Xevo stuff. The Triumph was considered, but the unique, breakable bits make it unappealing. I'm hoping to find one at a fair price. Like, less than the original $100 they sold for and a few scratches aren't an issue. This is a race car, not a shelf queen.

If you have anything, or just want to give me a bunch of crap for free, drop me a line.

Cheers!
Old 05-11-2015, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Jeez, google 'famous canadians' and there's quite a few you're competing with..... Can't help you with the Xero though, sorry.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hobbywing 13t Combo

Hey all
What's a fair price for the HW 13t motor/esc combo these days? Any recommendations on the best place to buy from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.