Community
Wiki Posts
Search

discharging batterys

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree... nicads work better when stored dead. If your cells work like crap next time you use em... they prolly need cycling... all cells need some level of "revival" when stored for a period of time to achive their best performance.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:31 AM
Tech Addict

ReallY? I have some old 2000s and 1700s and when you check the voltage then it shows a negative number when connected correctly. the voltage shows very low like 0.02 and when you try to charge it then it doesnt allow you to charge at the rate you want.
maybe they have just fallen asleep and need some cycling..... I wouldnt use them anymore anyway but maybe handy for a 4 cell lathe pack..

After running mod last night my 3300 cells had 1300 left in them with using the tamiya 11t. Is that anygood for that motor? I guessed that now that people know more about them from racing the tamiya championship that i can get some help....

Wouln't that much runtime left mean that i need to gear it more or increase timing?
Also what rollout did people generally use at the TCS?

thanks