Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*********CC09*********

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

I remember. Loved the XX4.
I dragged the old XXX4 out of the closet this year and gave it a new lease of life.
Can't believe myself how well it is going. Just have to stop breaking it so I can finish all heats and a final. And then there's that bloody slipper. Oh well, where's the locktite.

C U at Ryde?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Some information for considferation for Mini racing.

I have been some inverstigating about what brushless motor would equate to a black sports tuned motor. I have found that Speed Passion has just released a new motor that they are saying is designed for the M Chassis. It doesn't have a designated number of winds but rather a kV rating. It is rated at 3300kV which theoretically equates to about 23000 rpm which according to Tony Gray is where a good black sports tuned motor should be. On further investigation I found that the Speed Passion motor is actually a 3300kV 12 turn motor. Apparently this combination allows for the performance like a sports tuned when it is restricted by the 20 tooth pinion.

Interestingly enough I was playing around with another manufacturers motor and found a motor that worked very well too. It turned out to be a 3250kV and 12 turn motor !!! It would seem that this combination works very well from most manufacturers. This would mean that if you went down this track next year the motor would be available from a few manufacturers.

Both the motors are sensorless so a cheap ESC is available for these as well. It would make for a cheap low maintenance alternative to the now getting expensive constant replacement of the black cans. It would also remove some of the ridiculous differences between the motors that we are seeing in black sport tuned racing. I am not saying replace the black motor completely. If people want to still run them that is ok. It offers a cheap alternative to people wanting to get into Mini racing
Old 01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Default 2009 CC09 queries

Hey TJ and Linda,

Happy New Year to you both.

As we get underway for the 2009 season at Club, State & National levels, I have a few queries........

1. Will this be the thread for the 2009 CC season?
2. Do we have a 2009 season (ie How are we looking for Club Nominations)?
3. When do you think an announcement be likely (ie deadlines)?

See you in Canberra

Mav
Old 01-10-2009, 11:13 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Go to http://cc09.castlehillraceway.com/

For all info on CC09. Haven't started a thread yet for Off-Road yet i didn't want to distract people from the National Titles until it is over. Anyway you are the first to even be interested in the event for OFF-Road this year. Maybe a sign of the times.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

yeah trev, you nominated it, the nationals are taking everybodys focus, and the off road first round isnt until march so there wouldnt be a whole lot of interest yet, but i'd assume a lot of the offroaders have already put the meeting dates in the diary, i know i have, it'll all fire up after the nats
Old 01-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TJ
Go to http://cc09.castlehillraceway.com/

For all info on CC09. Haven't started a thread yet for Off-Road yet i didn't want to distract people from the National Titles until it is over. Anyway you are the first to even be interested in the event for OFF-Road this year. Maybe a sign of the times.
Thanks mate.
I think most are in Nats mode.
I'm really looking forward to it.

Mav
Old 01-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello all was wondering if i can run this body for cc09

Corsair Mini Ute Body

or

ABCDAT510 - ABC Datsun 510 - to suit 210mm wheelbase

new to all this
Old 01-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Both are allowed
Old 01-23-2009, 04:44 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

After much thought & deliberation over the last six months, we have decided that we will not be running the Off Road Challenge Cup in 2009.

Trevor & Linda Johnstone
Old 01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJ
After much thought & deliberation over the last six months, we have decided that we will not be running the Off Road Challenge Cup in 2009.

Trevor & Linda Johnstone
Trev and Linda you have done a fantastic job running this series over the past few years - its been a highlight of my racing season. Well run events are hard to find and the two of you have excelled at running each race meeting that i have been to.

The quality of racing in nsw has increased in direct correlation to these events. we have you to thank for providing the series

its a shame that something as simple as being asked to turn off the wifi at the nationals today has bought upon a decision to stop the series - decisions should be based on logic not emotion. the reason that the challenge cup series has been so succesful is that the racers have supported your events and you have provided a great series for us to race in. this needs to go both ways. we know you have spent a lot of time and money getting the system up and running but we have spent huge amounts of money to come and race

with so many drivers having issues in practice and 4wd yesterday being asked to turn off the wifi was not alot to ask. it affected the qualifying for some in 4wd mod yesterday and was a reasonable request today.

it was proved in the last heat of 2wd modified to solve the problem for 3 drivers who had been affected. they will no doubt be thankful that the hundreds of dollars they spent to come to the nationals will not be wasted due to the wifi.

we all hope you reconsider cancelling the series as you will be missed.

cheers the racers....
Old 01-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TJ

Trevor & Linda Johnstone
Wow ... big call !!!!!!

But if this happens surely the nominated clubs can organise together to keep the race meets going
Old 01-23-2009, 07:35 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Thank you Ben for your kind thoughts in what we have done for off-rosd over the past few years. This decision was not an easy one, as we have said certain things have happened over the past 6 months in the competition we have run which you have seen in comments that we have made at the end of last year. What happened in regards to the wifi was the straw that broken the camels back. We are sorry for all the drivers that have supported us over the years and maybe now that people don't have to rely on us the clubs may be able to talk and work something out. I say never say never but doing what we do has taken a toll on my family as well as me and it is time for a break at least in off-road for the time being. We will always have a soft spot for the drivers of off-road as that is where I started so many years ago.
Again thanks to the drivers for their support over the years and we will see you around.

Trevor Johnstone
Old 01-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The WiFi affected the off road guys? I haven't seen that problem at any other event including the onroad nats last year.

Sounds a little like the infamous northside lights.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
The WiFi affected the off road guys? I haven't seen that problem at any other event including the onroad nats last year.

Sounds a little like the infamous northside lights.
It has never been a problem at any other track or event but Canberra and technically it should never happen. But as soon as the Wifi was turned of the problem stopped.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wifi and hoime protable phones worj on 2.4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.