Search

## WERC ### SATURDAY RACING ##

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Have you discarded the sticks Mr Rocko?
You seem to be a bit of a mind reader! I just can't translate the feel of the sticks to my driving. It just like when you pick up someone elses car the feeling is that different.

At CH the other night I went from doin .2 lap quicker (best lap) to over .5 and cons under .3 every run. What was more fun was that I could touch the domes on 1/2 the corners every lap over and over.

Funny thing is the cars response feels alot slower with the helios!? I can't explain it.

I am trying to get the boys down on saturday too so we should have some good mod action.

Cya then...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Badman Racer
I have asked my Wife if she would like to race and she may use a hire car the first couple of times but i will have ask her if she wants to start going at it
If suzi ever gets off her ass she has a FK-05 sitting around for her to run. It really needs a rebuild though (except the diff of course!). That will give you a few ladies to terrorize the barriers!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by splitty; 07-12-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

tom petrofski commsec

Last edited by Badman Racer; 07-25-2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: misspelt
Old 07-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hope to see some more racers/runners this afternoon. Round two of Saturday Racing.

Looking forward to running the 17.5, now that I have rebuilt the car.

VHT, mmmm, might have to check it out. We like rumours. Starts the mill working.

CYA's this arvo.

Calvin.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

we should see a good turnout today,
Old 07-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by splitty

there is a rumour that a little bit of VHT may have inadvertantly been spilled on the track after Friday night's racing...

but its JUST a rumour...

I think...

(hope it dries!!)

C'MON HAPPY LAP TIMES FOR ME IN 17.5!!!

I can assure all that it was not VHT but it was our own preferred choice of track condtioner (from our friends at Aus Torc Australia) and it was spilled (sprayed) over a large AREA.

Cheers
Steve.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Badman Racer
tom petrofski commsec
Or maybe someone who has just added another alias to their other 4 user names

I dont think so, this post had some intelligence to it and research!
Old 07-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by splitty; 07-12-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thank you for the very useful tech tips and coaching from a multitude of willing to help fellow drivers to transform an absolute pig of a car 2 weeks ago into what i had today. You know who you are. If there was anything anybody saw me doing different today can you please let me know because i would really like to keep driving like i did.
Thanks as well to every body that turned up today for what was a great day both on and of the track. To have a good day on the track it needs to be fun off the track as well and it seems like Saturday is a good formula.
BTW Steve
BADWOMAN has expressed interest in having a drive today so with a bit more influence we may have another Lady racer.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:00 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the racing today guys.. Was nice to run on the track at a decent hour.

Brad you must have an illegal motor, or my packs are past their useby date (they are at least 4months old which is bad in mod). Only a tenth between mod and 10.5!

Darren is here at home gettin the #%*@s cuase the track was good and he wasn't there... I expect the numbers will get better and better with travel now being less of an issue on saturday. I think the 2pm start time is good to (was that an accident?) along with double finals. Its just like the old eastern creek that we all used to love.

See you guys in a fortnight.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=fghi116;4673163]NEW YORK -- Wall Street abruptly ended an earnings-driven rally and closed sharply lower Thursday after a steeper-than-expected decline in existing home sales and worries about the financial sector chilled the market's recent optimism. The wow goldmajor indexes fell about 2 percent, including the Dow Jones industrial average, which lost more than 280 points.The National Association of Realtors said sales resumed their decline in June after a slight rebound in May. Existing home sales declined by 2.6 percent in June, well beyond the 1 percent drop economists had forecast.Investors punished shares of homebuilders Final Fantasy XI Giland financial companies Thursday because both sectors have struggled with the declining housing market.Traders work in the oil futures pit at the New York Mercantile Exchange in New York, Thursday, July 24, 2008. [Agencies] Alan Lancz, director at investment research group LanczGlobal, said investors are concluding that while financials had been oversold ifly for fun goldn recent weeks and were due for a rebound, problems remain with tight credit and souring mortgage debt."You have the rally and you almost get the hangover now where you say 'You know, we're not out of the woods yet,'" he said.The Dow fell 283.10, or 2.43 percent, to 11,349.28. It was the biggest decline for the Dow since June 26.The pullback erased the nearly 170 points added in the two prior sessions. Last week, the Dow gained nearly 400 points. While some declines after the latest rally wouldn't have come as a surprise, the drop Thursday revealedShaiya gold fresh unease about the economy.Broader stock indicators also declined. The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 29.65, or 2.31 percent, to 1,252.54. A jump in Amazon.com Inc. shares helped contain some of the decline in the technology-heavy Nasdaq composite index, which fell 45.77, or 1.97 percent, to 2,280.11.Stocks had risen in the prior two sessions as the price of oil declined. Oil is now down more than $20 after just weeks ago hitting a record above $147 a barrel. A barrel of light, sweet crude rose $1.05 Thursday to settle at $125.49 on the New York Mercantile Exchange.Bond prices jumped Thursday as some investors looked for the safety of government debt. The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note, which moves opposite its price, fell to 4.00 percent from 4.12 percent from late Wednesday.The dollar was mixed against other major currencies, while gold prices rose.Financial stocks declined again Thursday after rising sharply in the past week from their recent lows.Washington Mutual Inc. fell 62 cents, or 13 percent, to $4.03 after dropping 20 percent Wednesday as concerns persisted age of Conan goldabout the company's mortgage portfolio. The nation's largest thrift this week posted a $3 billion loss due to increases in its loss reserves to cover souring loans in its mortgage holdings.Other financials lost ground. Citigroup Inc. fell $2.06, or 9.8 percent, to $19.06, while Merrill Lynch & Co. fell $4.77, or 14 percent, to $29.04. Wachovia Corp. declined $1.96, or 11 percent, to $15.69.[/QUOTE
Hey GEEK wrong forum
Old 07-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default SAT RACING

Great to see Lap records being broken and people setting PB's.

It was great to see people racing in a relaxed atmosphere, enjoying themselves with time for a chat and time to assist others with their setups.

Compared to Friday night the track had a higher traction level which assisted with great results for all. Hope the traction is the same next week.

Badman,

Good to see such a great result on the track, better than your BBQ antics.

Looikng forward to the next round.

CYA

Calvin
Old 07-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by splitty; 07-12-2016 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Thanks for the racing today guys.. Was nice to run on the track at a decent hour.

Brad you must have an illegal motor, or my packs are past their useby date (they are at least 4months old which is bad in mod). Only a tenth between mod and 10.5!

Darren is here at home gettin the #%*@s cuase the track was good and he wasn't there... I expect the numbers will get better and better with travel now being less of an issue on saturday. I think the 2pm start time is good to (was that an accident?) along with double finals. Its just like the old eastern creek that we all used to love.

See you guys in a fortnight.
How much fun was the saturday clubbie, after A few tweaks on the car after adding some new bits to it, and it was getting pretty good to drive, a few more changes, and a new set of boots and lets see if we can crack the 10 second barrier.

Rocko, was running a team losi motor, and the previous one was a Speedpassion, if your got any other brands hand em over and I can see how they compare. Oh and that was running a year old Trackpower 20C lipo, not even the newer 25C version

And so far the Saturday atmosphere has been top notch, get more of a crowd and it should rival the feel of the old EC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.