Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AARCMCC Monster Truck Rule Revision

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default AARCMCC Monster Truck Rule Revision

Due to the recent controversy at the queensland states, it has become clear that a rule revision is required to determine a MT elegibility to compete in AARCMCC sanctioned events.

here are the current rules.

AUSTRALIAN CONSTRUCTION RULES FOR M.T Unlimited. Last amended 15/01/07
Monster trucks shall be divided into two sections a Small Block Class and a Big Block Class
5.3 DEFINITION AND COMMON RULES
5.3.1 a) To be a Standard MT, the lowest point of the engine must sit at least 1.5" inches above
the lowest point along the front-back centre line when compressed (usually the "skid plates"). To
tech questionable MT's, remove the wheels, place MT on flat surface, compress the vehicle fully
and a ruler (or 1.5" gauge) could be used vertically to measure the engine above the surface.
5.3.1 b) No Width restrictions.
5.3.1 c) No Length restrictions.
5.3.1 d) No Weight restrictions.
5.3.1 e) It is the responsibility of the drivers to ensure that his\her car complies with the rules at all
times.
5.3.1 f) Transmission: Single, two or three speed forward only automatic shifting transmissions
are allowed. NOTE: reverse functions must be disabled for racing
5.3.2 ENGINES AND FUEL (SMALL BLOCK)
5.3.2 a) Internal combustion engines of unlimited capacity allowed.
5.3.2 b) Engines must be of small block configuration no medium or big block engines permitted.
5.3.2 c) Fuel Tank capacity: 150ccm including all piping, tubes and filter up to the carburettor. The
tank will be measured using an AARCMCC approved measuring cylinder. Fuel tanks maybe
replaced but must comply with the above ruling.
5.3.2 d) The capacity of the fuel tank must not be adjusted by insertion of any loose objects.
5.3.2 e) All cars will be fitted with brakes and clutch in such a manner as that the car can be held
stationary whilst the engine is running.
5.3.2 f) Internal combustion engines of unlimited capacity permitted.
5.3.3 ENGINES AND FUEL (BIG BLOCK)
5.3.3 a) Minimum engine capacity of .21 cubic inches only permitted.
5.3.3 b) Engines must be of big block configuration no medium or small block engines permitted.
5.3.3 c) Fuel Tank capacity: 230ccm including all piping, tubes and filter up to the carburettor. The
tank will be measured using an AARCMCC approved measuring cylinder. Fuel tanks maybe
replaced but must comply with the above ruling.
5.3.3 d) The capacity of the fuel tank must not be adjusted by insertion of any loose objects.
5.3.3 e) All cars will be fitted with brakes and clutch in such a manner as that the car can be held
stationary whilst the engine is running.
5.3.3 f) Internal combustion engines of unlimited capacity permitted.
5.3.4 SILENCER
5.3.4 a) Any chambered exhaust system is allowed no open chamber pipes to be used. (Noise
restrictions may apply)
5.3.4 WHEELS/TYRES
5.3.4 a) Minimum wheel diameter is 81mm. (This does not include glue bead).
5.3.4 b) Minimum tyre diameter is 130mm.
5.3.4 c) All tyres must be black with the exception of sidewall lettering.
5.3.4 d) No spikes, tubes or additional items intended to increase traction may be either glued to
the outside of tyres or passed through tyres from the inside.
5.3.5 WINGS
5.3.5 a) A wing of maximum overall size: 217mm in length and 77mm in width may be fitted.
5.3.6 APPEARANCE
5.3.6 a) Must be a good representation of a Monster Truck body.
5.3.6 b) No buggy or sedan bodies will be accepted.
5.3.6 c) Windows to remain transparent. Bodies with windows painted out will not be accepted.
Pre-painted ready-to-run bodies the only exception to this rule.
5.3.6 d) No greater than 50% of front window to be removed.
5.3.6 e) Left and right hand side windows can be removed 100%.
5.3.6 f) Aerial hole size not to be greater than 10mm in diameter.
5.3.6 g) Engine head-cooling hole to be no greater than 10mm of cooling head in diameter. Only
exceptions will be holes for tuning purposes.
5.3.6 h) Front and rear bumpers not to exceed 20mm past the body unless O.E.M (Original
Equipment Manufacture/or factory).
5.3.8 Fuel
5.3.8 a) The following additives are strictly prohibited; Hydrazine, Hydrogen Peroxide, Toluene,
Propolene Oxide.
5.3.8 b) Random fuel tests may be made at any time during the event. Samples and counter
samples will be collected for analysis and any competitor found to be using any of the above
additives will be disqualified and any race result obtained will be null and void.
5.3.9 DRIVER AIDS
5.3.9 a) The use of traction control devices, active suspension devices and any steering control
aided by gyroscopes/'G'-force sensors is strictly forbidden. Sensors are only allowed for the
purpose of passive data recording and not for adjusting the performance of the car whilst in
motion. It is the object of this rule to ensure that the event be a test of driver skill.

if you would like these rules change to stop moddfied truggies entering MT events , please put your ideas forward.

the correct procedure for rule change will have to be followed ,a motion needs to be passed for a rule change by a sanctioned club and then voted on by every other sanctioned club australia wide, this normally takes a couple of weeks to implement but if it can be ironed out this week, I see no reason why this cannot be addressed before the Truggy/ MT nats.

Last edited by John K; 06-18-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:43 PM

Yep to stop the Trophy hunters!!!! what happened to valor and honor!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't race MT but do any true MT's run a flat plate chassis like a truggy? Maybe stop cars with a flat plate chassis competing?
Old 06-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yea traxis cars are flat chassis

also the guy ran with in the rules leave him alone.
whats next
stop people from running hand moded motors in buggy.
he went with the rules and won read the rules guys its not his fault that the rules are like that

also most trophy days are full of hunters any way thats why thay are so popular maybee clubs should give out partisipation trophys to loyal members
who arnt at the top grade to make them feel good about them selfs
Old 06-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

5.3.1 f) Transmission: Must have a two or three speed forward only automatic shifting reduction gearbox. NOTE: reverse functions must be disabled for racing.
5.3.1 g) Buggy/Truggy style drive trains are not permitted.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by driftnerd
yea traxis cars are flat chassis

also the guy ran with in the rules leave him alone.
whats next
stop people from running hand moded motors in buggy.
he went with the rules and won read the rules guys its not his fault that the rules are like that
I am not trying to start a fight but do you think that there is a difference between a Transmisions and Differentials

Truggy 5.2.1 f) Drive train is to consist of three buggy style differentials

MT 5.3.1 f) Transmission: Single, two or three speed forward only automatic shifting transmissions
are allowed. NOTE: reverse functions must be disabled for racing

If you lock a differential in a car say for Drag Racing or 4wd so that you can go off road...that does not make it a Transmission ....does it ???

Now do you still think that he was within the rules ??

If so why ???

They are question that maybe you can shed some light on for me.

This would make it clearer
5.3.1 f) Transmission: Must have a two or three speed forward only automatic shifting reduction gearbox. NOTE: reverse functions must be disabled for racing.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Technically a differential is a transmission system. It transmits power input through one point to two other outputs. I think limiting Monster Trucks to just two differentials, driving the front and rear axles would be a better plan.

But I really think the whole of the MT rules need an overhaul. With no weight, size or engine displacement restrictions the whole class is open to any person's interpretation.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Momentum
. I think limiting Monster Trucks to just two differentials, driving the front and rear axles would be a better plan.
But that would make the platinum revo illegal wouldn't it?

But I really think the whole of the MT rules need an overhaul. With no weight, size or engine displacement restrictions the whole class is open to any person's interpretation.
Agreed. Hopefully this thread will be able to do that, or help at least.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Technically a differential is a transmission system. It transmits power input through one point to two other outputs. I think limiting Monster Trucks to just two differentials, driving the front and rear axles would be a better plan.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Hay craig Revo 's Can be fitted with a Center Diff and rear brake kit inside the transmission.
What you showed above is the defintion of transmission : Mechanically to transmit power from an engine to the drive train.
I asked is there a physical difference between a Transmission Mechanical Componet and Differentials.
You would not use the term " I have Three Transmission in my Buggy" would you.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Initiate

This is better

5.3.1 f)Monster Trucks are defined by fully compressing the vehicle’s suspension and measuring a minimum of 1.5” from the flat surface to the underside of the engine. Two or three speed gear reduction transmissions are required. Differentials residing inside the transmission are permitted. All reverse gearing must be disabled for racing

Old 06-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default monsters

transmission/gearbox to be above the chassis plate and diff's to be below.

theres a lot of trucks that use a plate chassis,T Maxx's,TNX's etc
i think even the savages would work under this rule as the diffs are mounted below the motor mounting plate.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dallasv8

i think even the savages would work under this rule as the diffs are mounted below the motor mounting plate.
Thats sound's good also
Old 06-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by copytec
You would not use the term " I have Three Transmission in my Buggy" would you.
No I wouldn't use that terminology, but technically it would be correct.

The point of having clearly defined rules is to inhibit interpretation. As you've just seen, the current rules have been interpreted to allow a vehicle that shouldn't be defined as a Monster Truck to compete in the class.

Originally Posted by dallasv8

Your first statement would rule a vehicle like the Savage ineligible. It has a twin vertical plate chassis so mounting differentials below these is close to impossible.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

make the rule for the engine height for side plate trucks and the diffs below the chassis rule for flat plate trucks.

there will have to be a few rules etc to allow the different types of monsters,i dont think 1 simple rule will sort it out
Old 06-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

No I wouldn't use that terminology, but technically it would be correct.

The point of having clearly defined rules is to inhibit interpretation. As you've just seen, the current rules have been interpreted to allow a vehicle that shouldn't be defined as a Monster Truck to compete in the class.

Your first statement would rule a vehicle like the Savage ineligible. It has a twin vertical plate chassis so mounting differentials below these is close to impossible.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Again Craig I am talking about a physical componet.. not the terminology.
The Clutch, Transmits Power To The Clutch Bell, The clutch Bell, Transmits power to the spur gear , the spur gear transmits power to the Transmission or Center Diff ... what you are saying then is that all those componets are transmissions ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.