Gosford City Radio Control Car Club (GCRCCC) Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gosford City Radio Control Car Club (GCRCCC) Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 01:47 AM
Tech Initiate

A top day of racing was had by all who attended the Gavenlock race day for Gosford Club. There was a new track layout that used every part available of the netball courts and the racing line was 5m wide all the way around.

This made for good fast racing with minimal crashes and with mod cars only pulling 21 laps this shows that track is larger than we have ever had before.

I think even all the nitro boys would have had fun today!!!

Big Smiles all round for Gavanlock Oval
Old 09-21-2003, 01:59 AM
Tech Addict

WHENS the next race day at GAVANLOCK im coming to rac my MTX-3
Old 09-21-2003, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Nitrosis , Thats good to hear, from what I saw of the track briefly today it looked like an excellent design layout, can't wait to get back to racing once my work commitments have finished. Yeah Yeah

ThunderRacer , I'll confirm the date with the Club Secretary and post here.........

Cheers
James
GCRCCC President.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

ThunderRacer , I'll confirm the date with the Club Secretary and post here.........

Cheers
James
GCRCCC President. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok that will be sweat what do you run on tha new surface FOAMS or RUBBERS. thanks
Old 09-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

ThunderRacer,

We have mixed results on Rubbers and Foams, some of the guys run rubbers such as myself on my electric , I use Take Off 27s however some of the guys were running foams with success such as Fast tyres. One of your guys from Mingara raced at Gavenlock a couple of weekends ago, there was Lance and someone else. The second person was running a Nitro, perhaps you could check in with him, Lance will know who it was and see what success he had and what he was using.

The next Trial race date at Gavenlock will be 12th October 2003

Cheers
James
Old 09-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Post Meeting of Members for Proposed Relocation to Gavenlock Oval.

To all Gosford City Radio Control Car Club members

We will be conducting a club meeting at the following location for all our members to vote on the proposed relocation to GavenLock Oval Courts.

Location : Central Coast Leagues Club - Maitland Bay Room ( Check with Reception on arrival to confirm )

Date and Time : 18th October 2003 at 3pm

Also please note, that the trial date for 28th September at Gavenlock Oval has been CANCELLED due to majority of committee members required are unable to attend.

Next Race date at Autpro will still proceed as normal for 5th October 2003.

The next trial for Gavenlock will be for 12th October 2003 before the vote is decided by members attending the meeting at the Central Coast Leagues Club on 18th October 2003.

We encourage all members to attend this meeting as the proposal will be decided by YOU!! the members.

Thank you

regards

James
GCRCCC President.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:58 AM
sdb
Tech Rookie

Thunder racer,

Sunday at Gavenlock I used rubber (Take Off 27) in both Stock Electric and Mod Electric for 3 races each, grip was ok. For the final races I used Fast Tire 42s on front and 37s on rear and grip was better. Other times we have raced there rubber was better. Some of the nitro guys were using foam (don't know what) and they appeared happy with their choice.

regards,

sdb
Old 09-22-2003, 02:13 AM
Tech Initiate

What a great day of racing.

Gavenlock is a great venue. It was one of the best days ive had racing for a while.

With a good turn out and fun day for all.

Im a new fan of electric stock

Cyas in 2 weeks

Oldmate
(labracer i can make us our own forum ill talk to you next race meeting. Check out this one ,its one i made for a game server i built and run. Click here
Old 09-22-2003, 03:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by sdb
Thunder racer,

Sunday at Gavenlock I used rubber (Take Off 27) in both Stock Electric and Mod Electric for 3 races each, grip was ok. For the final races I used Fast Tire 42s on front and 37s on rear and grip was better. Other times we have raced there rubber was better. Some of the nitro guys were using foam (don't know what) and they appeared happy with their choice.

regards,

sdb

Ill give my 45s and 40s ago thats what i run at mingas that should be right and ill bring some 42s and 37s as well just in case.

THANKS
Old 09-22-2003, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Lab Racer

WHAT A DAY !

Sundays racing was by far the tightest and cleanest racing i have raced in from the track layout , setup to the drivers and spectators the whole day just ROCKED
except some one said "yeh try rubbers" Glen !so i did with no succes i then ran foam Ellegy 40 shore fronts and 37 shore rears on my XRay and the grip was heaps better
so as for tyres it really is a matter of car set as some of the other guys were running rubbers on thier XRays also with great succes
look forward to 2 weeks time

IF LIFE WAS FAIR , ELVIS WOULD BE ALIVE
AND DRIVING AN XRAY AND ALL
THE IMPERSONATORS WOULD BE DEAD
Old 09-22-2003, 04:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Waza,
There was no use trying out rubbers with the car still setup on 3 degrees camber all round .
Old 09-22-2003, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nitrosis
ahh but the novice in me is showing
i just wanted to have a stab at you as you kept on beating me in all of our races BUGGER !
next time

Old 09-22-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Waza,
I didn't win all the races you beat me in the third Mod race. Since Saturday night racing is not looking good for this weekend we should get a few people together and go down to the VENOM Challenge at Forestville it is this saturday starting at 3pm. Even if we don't all race it will be good to watch.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

sounds like a good idea
i can't race but their is a high chance i will go and watch for a while
i will talk with Eddie and John p
i will let you know

Old 09-22-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Ok then theres no way im going there with rubbers then if the electics dont go good with them my MTX-3 and my NOVAROSSI JP BLACK i will just sit there wheel spinning so ill bring foams 37s on the rear and 40s on the front.

SO WHEN IS THE NEXT RAC DAY.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.