Search

NSW On-road Titles

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So true...

Rooda is f@#king up, as allways.

I propose all clubs dump rooda..and we can have an Arcmcc State titels etc and we dont have to give cash to rooda.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by contact
so sydney will no doubt get the most state titles

Kambah is hosting 2003 and also hosted the 2001 NSW state titles and Tamworth hosted 2002 and 2000. How does that equate to Sydney getting its fair share of State titles. Maybe no Sydney club is putting forward a request to run a state title but it seems ridiculous to have only Tamworth and Canberra running the event over the last four years.

Also need to look at the electric classes. F1 (2 wheel drive, foam tyres and 19 turn double) and Pro 10 are also included. I raced F1 at the Nationals last year and was disappointed there were only three people running the class and there were the same number racing Pro 10. If we can only get three people for the Nationals then these classes should not be run at State level. If F1 is to be included then change the rules to make it a more readily available motor (stock or sports tuned), allow choice of rubber or foam tyres and also consider 4 wheel drive.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

coxy maybe we could host (maybe) but we were not approched - i was under the impression that it was to be hosted at another club in NSW but thats not the way its panned out

i think the reason the roorda states have not been in sydney is there is not many onroad clubs affiliated with roorda in sydney - i might be wrong on that one

painy i dont think its the national bodies job to organise racing for the states, but we are crying out for a state body that should be affiliated to aarcmcc to do the whole job and stop this kind of thing
Old 07-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by contact
coxy maybe we could host (maybe) but we were not approched - i was under the impression that it was to be hosted at another club in NSW but thats not the way its panned out

i think the reason the roorda states have not been in sydney is there is not many onroad clubs affiliated with roorda in sydney - i might be wrong on that one

painy i dont think its the national bodies job to organise racing for the states, but we are crying out for a state body that should be affiliated to aarcmcc to do the whole job and stop this kind of thing
Why reinvent the wheel. A state stand alone body is not the answer. A NSW state body of AARCMCC will do the job fine. But really your not going to gain much doing this. I know that next year we will have a AARCMCC state tittle for on road and not this make believe state tittles if it's the last thing I do.

With off road I think the swing will go away from ROORDA as we are seeing now.

Coxy.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

coxy thats what im saying... an aarcmcc affiliated body or an aarcmcc nsw wing (if thats possible under their constitution) same thing really but a group linked to the national body to manage nsw racing

either way who is going to do it? if someone does not, again next year things will be on all over the place
Old 07-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

all we need to do that is have a representative from each arena in our racing ie 1/10 electric (one for on road, one for offroad) and one for gas on road, and others and we could put together a calendar and make sure events like this arent clashing, but the big problem would be that all these non-affiliated events, like ur complaining about with the HPI challenge clashing, this isnt the state body's fault, these event runners would also need to become affiliated or at least be in good communication with the body with regards to timetabling. the other thing is that there are only a limited number of weekends in a year, so sometimes, events have to clash, but the body could avoid it as much as possible, anyway i'll put my hand up to represent the 1/10th electric off road, the clubs are in pretty good communictaion and if the clubs all leav roorda, will be able to organise their own 'roorda' style tour and run aarcmcc santioned state titles, etc

Question for the on roaders, what is the attraction of meca, does it count for national rankings or anything, or is it just that its a big event usually run well, cos it would be nice that if there were a state body, they would be able to put pressure on these promoters to run some sort of standardised rules also, like weight limits that are achievable by all cars, and motors that correspond to standard national classes, and a dedication to some sort of scruteneering, and i aknowledge the efforts of the dudes at the winternats, my biggest problem with on road is rocking up to an event and being blown in a straight line by a "stock" motor, which the guys then record qualifying times almost on par with mods, these promoters are making plenty of cash from these events, they should be providing a scruteneer at these events

Sorry, some of that was OT, but if we do create a state body, it has to have the balls to make sure this stuff is brought into line, for the benifit of the sport.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

according to the dsi web site the hpi ch. is on 21 sept - no mention of it on the act website though? anyone? dig on the act site and you will find the hpi is incorporated into the event - this sounds like fun!

"Driver Eligibility
All drivers MUST be a financial member of a Roorda NSW affiliated R/C Club."

reads the first rule - i would have thought this potentially limits numbers somewhat has this been 'enforced' in recent memory? - like the roorda off road tour is it enforced then?

there is also a contradiction in the 1:12 rules initially refered to as 6 cell and then later as 4 cell - lets hope the 4cell rule has proved its self

Last edited by contact; 07-29-2003 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Champion

There's some quite interesting discussion on this thread. It shows the worth of a well run active forum. Thanks RC Tech! (I feel like I'm in a TV commercial)

Personally I don't mind too much if the NSW titles are run in the ACT though I definitely feel that they should not be run at the same facility that is running the ACT titles in the same year (unless no other options exist for either title).

If the ACT and Tamworth are the only clubs who are willing to run the event then we should be thankful that they put in the effort but if other venues exist then the NSW titles should be spread around the state as much as is feasable.

As a point of interest the AARCMCC structure is such that the Electric Section President has the power to appoint state (or state onroad/offroad) delegates that would theoretically be responsible for liasing with the relevant member clubs for the purpose of organising state series and the like. However the current executive hasn't taken up this option. Actually I'm not even sure there is a current Electric Section president (I think the IC section president is doing the job); maybe I should consider nominating myself for the job (maybe).
Old 07-29-2003, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

At the begining of the year, ALL ROORDA clubs were ask to submit a proposal to run the NSW State titles, Contact, you must have not received the e mail or not read it

I am surprised that Brush Farm are not running the State Titles this year

As far as NT state titles go, AARCMCC has already run there's at Easter, and the Nationals are in Qld this year.
The good part is no headaches for the electric guys, and the NT guys are controlled properly
Old 07-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Tech Adept

At the NSW State tiltles there is gas racing on the Sunday with some of the electric classes as well and the HPI Challange will be included on this same day, Sunday will be electric mod and stock.

1/12 will be 4 cell
Old 07-30-2003, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

fof we did get the email, but chose not to apply, but at that point as i said earlier i was under the impression the event was to be staged in NSW, its only the last 5-6 weeks that ive known other wise... but its no big deal just a curiosity really to have the state titles in another state (but its happened before)

warex - how will entries work for the 2 events... i supported the last hpi challenge and also want to support the state titles enter both or does it overlap if you have a hpi?
Old 07-30-2003, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default NSW STATE TITLES

Bob Car just bought a property in NZ, maybe we can have the NSW States there
Old 07-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: NSW STATE TITLES

Originally posted by fastolfart
Bob Car just bought a property in NZ, maybe we can have the NSW States there
Well I personally think it sucks big time. First of all I would like to run the HPI and State tittles but now I will have to make a choice as to what to run. I only have a set amount of batts and radio gear and really can't run two cars on the same day.

Also I don't see any point to go the same track twice to run state tittles within a month, so again I will have to pick what one I run. Again it's a balls up on ROORDA part of things and after the off Road Nationals and last years State tittles in Tamworth, it's strike three. No wonder everybody is leaving ROORDA. And then to say you have to be a member of ROORDA is a joke, why would you join.

I am really sorry that Kambah is involed in this as this is a very well run club, well I should say Bob runs a very good show.

Coxy.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

probably the only place he could afford - although they are on the cusp on a property boom - some nice tracks over there!
Old 07-30-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Contact & others: I spoke to Mr Bob last night and he can not get a hold of anyone that has a say about HPI Challange and said "the first round was not run, so not sure whether the second round will be run" so until he finds out I guess we will not know for sure about the HPI Challenge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.