Wiki Posts
Search

How much for 200 mm gas racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default How much for 200 mm gas racing

Hello
I'm new to the hobby so i wandering if any body could tell me wat are the costs associated with going into 200 mm nitro racing.
Since i probably cant afford new equipment so i appreciated if you guys can list how much you think second hand equipment will cost.
Also wat car/brands are available out there and which is the best ?
Old 07-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

I'm new to the hobby so i wandering if any body could tell me wat are the costs associated with going into 200 mm nitro racing.
If you are serious, it can cost heaps

Best to get along to a club meeting and talk to a few racers as well as listening to what is said here
Old 07-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: How much for 200 mm gas racing

Originally posted by luchiano
Hello
Since i probably cant afford new equipment so i appreciated if you guys can list how much you think second hand equipment will cost.
Also wat car/brands are available out there and which is the best ?
where about u live? i am thinking to quit. so u may have all my stuffs. i am in melbourne. click my web site to see what i am selling.

www.jimjim.fun.ms
Old 07-22-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Rookie

live in sydney...
Old 07-22-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any class can be as expensive as you want to make it, if you want to put around go buy a CEN or a Thunfer tiger, for a solid reliable car. If you want all out speed and performance then look to brands such as Mugen or Serpent, with expensive motors.

Visit a track either Moorebank or Eastern Creek, and talk with a couple of the racers there. Determine what you want out of the car, and then find one that suits your budget.

If you want a good intermediate level car go for a Kyosho V1S or a GS Vision RTR, this type of car will get oyu a decent handling car on the track wothout a ton of money spent.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

yeah dude come down to moorebank. helles avenue and speak to anyone. just go up to them and say "i wanna get into nitro.give me the low down" they will help you.

or eastern creek, or penrith.

you are looking at maybe 900$ for a car capable of racing at smaller tracks like eastern creek, penrith etc. a moorebank ready car will cost a little more. remember you are a beginner, so maybe starting of with a v1s or vision or the new ld3 that jpm racing is bringing in would be better suited.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

how much should i expect to pay for said a second hand Serpent Imprulse Pro with Nova Mega 3port turbo, - Nova mega pipe and manifold ??
Old 07-25-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by luchiano
how much should i expect to pay for said a second hand Serpent Imprulse Pro with Nova Mega 3port turbo, - Nova mega pipe and manifold ??
down in the for sale section theres my MTX3 for sale
now check it out
Old 07-26-2003, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default And the rest.....

Once you have bought the car itself the expenses really start to pile up:

Fuel $10-20 per litre

Tyres or foams, $50 a set and you can easily use a set in a race meet if you are heavy on the throttle or just plain unlucky.

Batteries for car and radio, even with rechargeables it adds up and you will need to buy the chargers for them.

Damage and breakages can cost a small fortune if you get the wrong car or simply cant drive and crash a lot.
Body shells cost money too and they crumble after a while.

You will need bits like glow plug starters, starter boxes (on non pull start cars), spare parts, tools, and the know how to use them.

It's still cheaper and more fun than electric racing which costs a fortune in batteries if you want to be fast and competitive.

All in all a very expensive hobby and one where you will always find a reason to spend another 100 or 300 or more dollars.

Buying the car is the easy and cheap part.....
Old 07-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: And the rest.....

Originally posted by Fusion
Once you have bought the car itself the expenses really start to pile up:

Fuel $10-20 per litre

Tyres or foams, $50 a set and you can easily use a set in a race meet if you are heavy on the throttle or just plain unlucky.

Batteries for car and radio, even with rechargeables it adds up and you will need to buy the chargers for them.

Damage and breakages can cost a small fortune if you get the wrong car or simply cant drive and crash a lot.
Body shells cost money too and they crumble after a while.

You will need bits like glow plug starters, starter boxes (on non pull start cars), spare parts, tools, and the know how to use them.

It's still cheaper and more fun than electric racing which costs a fortune in batteries if you want to be fast and competitive.

All in all a very expensive hobby and one where you will always find a reason to spend another 100 or 300 or more dollars.

Buying the car is the easy and cheap part.....
yup that about somes up RC racing