Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

England Park Raceway, Brendale.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey thanks steve im told old one will work but just needs update too. Thanks heaps
Eddie
Old 12-08-2015, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This Saturday 12/12/2015 is down for AGM and 'All Scales'.

Such a day deserves racing two classes. SSF is a given, so the other choices for myself are Stock or 1/12.

Are there any other 1/12 planning on racing this Saturday.

If there are, what is the 'Consensus' on class. I know some have mentioned "It would have to be Mod". However at the moment I would say every 1/12 in Brissy would be set up for EuroStock 10.5T and many race Indoor Carpet with a 10.5T.

To try and entice regular numbers sticking with 10.5T would be preferable. But some may say that would be too slow on such a large track.

Would 10.5T boosted be preferable. Would there be much of a difference with 10.5T boosted compared to open Mod.

Are guys willing to change motors on a weekly basis from 10.5T to Mod.

Would Mod turn some of the 10.5T guys away from racing regularly.

If its Mod, what turn motor should I be looking at.

Anyone interested in commenting.

Cheers.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'd love to race 1/12 this week, but typical of this time of year I have a family gathering to attend.

Regarding motors, I think there's probably still a bit of discussion to be had. I ran 10.5 blinky at the opening weekend and it was a lot of fun. I was about 2.5s a lap slower than the quick SSFs on that (long) track, with zero car tuning from running indoors. Before the rain came down I was planning taller gearing and potentially trying boosted 10.5 (with other runners' permission) before the end of the day.

Boosted 10.5 would probably be a good starting point if 10.5 Blinky is deemed too slow. A re-program of the speedy is easier than a motor change and re-program. And the speeds would be enjoyable, but not too daunting.

I wouldn't be against proper mod either, if it came to that. A 4.5t would be about right.

Sadly, Sunday race meetings will be hard for me to attend personally, so I won't be running 1/12 at EPR regularly (hence why I'm setting up an SSF )
Old 12-08-2015, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Attention Current Financial Members

Due to a delay in receiving the financial audit of the club, it is necessary to postpone the Annual General Meeting, scheduled for this Saturday, until the following Saturday. The AGM will now be held on Saturday the 19th of December 2015.

However the All Scales race meeting will go ahead as planned on the 12th of December.

The committee would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this will cause.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by El Nitro
This Saturday 12/12/2015 is down for AGM and 'All Scales'.

Such a day deserves racing two classes. SSF is a given, so the other choices for myself are Stock or 1/12.

Are there any other 1/12 planning on racing this Saturday.

If there are, what is the 'Consensus' on class. I know some have mentioned "It would have to be Mod". However at the moment I would say every 1/12 in Brissy would be set up for EuroStock 10.5T and many race Indoor Carpet with a 10.5T.

To try and entice regular numbers sticking with 10.5T would be preferable. But some may say that would be too slow on such a large track.

Would 10.5T boosted be preferable. Would there be much of a difference with 10.5T boosted compared to open Mod.

Are guys willing to change motors on a weekly basis from 10.5T to Mod.

Would Mod turn some of the 10.5T guys away from racing regularly.

If its Mod, what turn motor should I be looking at.

Anyone interested in commenting.

Cheers.
The 10.5 boosted would be the easiest solution without the addition cost of another motor and then go back to EuroStock for the carpet.
Let's get some boost into our lives, if that's to slow well better get the soldering kit out.

Richard Chun
Old 12-08-2015, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigtez
Attention Current Financial Members

Due to a delay in receiving the financial audit of the club, it is necessary to postpone the Annual General Meeting, scheduled for this Saturday, until the following Saturday. The AGM will now be held on Saturday the 19th of December 2015.

However the All Scales race meeting will go ahead as planned on the 12th of December.

The committee would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this will cause.
I forgot to mention that both the All Scales and the AGM will start at 12pm on their respective days.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I am an off road racer, however I am interested in having another go at on-road with the new facility you guys have not far up the road.

I am eager to see what the consensus of the new 1/8 GT category is? As an outsider looking in, the 1/8 GT cars look and resemble a real car and are cool. Based on a buggy platform they will also be tough. The QLD's attracted 6 entries, however are more people interested in this class? Is there a desire to grow it? I am genuinely interested, however if numbers are an issue I am not sure.

Luke
Old 12-10-2015, 02:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Originally Posted by TMS-99
Hi Guys,

I am an off road racer, however I am interested in having another go at on-road with the new facility you guys have not far up the road.

I am eager to see what the consensus of the new 1/8 GT category is? As an outsider looking in, the 1/8 GT cars look and resemble a real car and are cool. Based on a buggy platform they will also be tough. The QLD's attracted 6 entries, however are more people interested in this class? Is there a desire to grow it? I am genuinely interested, however if numbers are an issue I am not sure.

Luke
Hey mate. I was at the Qld Champs last w'end and really enjoyed the 1/8 GT race. The cars appear very durable. There were a few hard crashes which didn't disable the cars.
I'm getting one.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Every man and his dog is getting one....looks like it will be a great class
Old 12-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Default 1/8 GTe

The GTe electric hugely popular in Littlehampton SA, they are rockets and awesome to drive, very hard to break, either Version nitro or electric they are so affordable !!!!!
Old 12-11-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

All Scales Race Meeting Cancelled

With the rain setting in and the radar filled with pretty colours, it is fair to say that there will be no racing today.

See you all at the AGM next weekend.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default electric

Originally Posted by Les
The GTe electric hugely popular in Littlehampton SA, they are rockets and awesome to drive, very hard to break, either Version nitro or electric they are so affordable !!!!!
If it had of been electric..would have loved to have done this class. .allot of other electric drivers also
Old 12-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi Guys
Was wondering if someone could help me
out with a nitro engine. Giving 1/5 away
for now and taking up nitro.
What is a good competitive .21 for the GT class
Have a mugen MGT7 any suggestions re what would be
a good competitive motor would be great.
Do I look at 1/8 buggy engines for this car
Or do I look at the 1/8 onroad nitro engines.
Any assistance would be very much appreciated
My nitro knowledge is zero. Will be a steep learning curve.
Cheers
Old 12-13-2015, 09:32 PM
tjk
Tech Addict

Hi David,

In discussions among our members, on the weekend of the IC Champs, it seemed to be that they wanted to stick with buggy engines. The idea being if someone is currently running offroad they wouldn't have to change engines to run onroad.

I am sure someone who is currently running one will be along soon to confirm this unless my memory is failing, which is on the cards.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guys, if anyone has a tyre truer for sale, please let me know.

See WTB post - http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...l#post14305112

Thanks,
Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.