Wiki Posts
Search

Charger Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Charger Question

hey guys,
lookin at buyin a charger sometime soon, and i wanted to hear comments on ... LRP Pulsar Competition VS CDC 6.0B
which one is better in your opinion and why??? help me out here guys please!!

thanks... very much appreciated...
Will
Old 06-30-2003, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

their both fantastic units.
personally i would prefer the CDC as it will discharge at 20amps while the Pulsar will only do 10amps
Old 06-30-2003, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey m8
i have a yokomo bms for sale
$225 cheaper than both, and just as good
charge, cycle , discharge
charge0.3-9.0 amps
discharge0.3-20.0amps
secret voltage charge aswell
just a suggestion
hehe thanx
robbie
Old 06-30-2003, 03:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think thats easy. cdc does up to 20amp discharge, 1-10 cells, internal resistence and now with multiple profiles. if you don't get a cdc, its cause you are gettin a ce turbo 35
Old 06-30-2003, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for your help Dragonfire!!! yes i want the CDC.... umm Xray racer i think i will stick with CDC or LRP, but do u hava pic of the Yok BMS??

cheers
will
Old 06-30-2003, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Motorsports00
thanks for your help Dragonfire!!! yes i want the CDC.... umm Xray racer i think i will stick with CDC or LRP, but do u hava pic of the Yok BMS??

cheers
will
don't want to cut anybodies grass here but it depends on want you want and what class you run. If you race mod then 20 amp discharge is good but you really should not come back with any run time left. But if you race Stock then yes 20 amps is the way to go.

As far as charging profiles, there is really only two charge types. Linear and Pulse. Pulse lets the gases vent as you charge so it's better for the cells. Linear was an old type of charging type.

The CDC old version has pretty much the same charging types as the new one and is still a top level charger. But has some features that make it better. Like storing different batt types i.e 2400's or 3000 or 3300's. And the old one has no i back light which is the first thing to go on the new version. Every thing you can do on the old one like boosting.

the LRP is good as it can do a motor run in and is smaller only just. But the case does chip and loose its nice colour. Personally I think the CDC is a better unit, just look around and see what people use and you will find most people use the CDC. Having said that Karn uses a LRP, and he is the world champ. Both units are great.

Coxy.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

umm, no not at the moment i dont have a pic, but if u live in sydney or there abouts, i can show it to yah or u can come have a look,
its in near perfect condition, and if ur going to meca, it will be there most likely
thanx
robbie
Old 07-01-2003, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

hey Coxy, thanks for your help mate... i understand a bit more about them both..now there is the decision on $$$$$$ hehee.. ohh well will have it soon...

but you are saying that the CDC chargers are no differente to eachother except for a blue light and other small charactersitics????
Old 07-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Motorsports00
hey Coxy, thanks for your help mate... i understand a bit more about them both..now there is the decision on $$$$$$ hehee.. ohh well will have it soon...

but you are saying that the CDC chargers are no differente to eachother except for a blue light and other small charactersitics????
Thats about it. I have a CDC version 5 for sale for $240 if your interested.

Coxy.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

CDC v5.0 and v6.0b chargers are slightly different,

V6.0 CDC'S can store personal charge profilres and has an increased range of charge modes. Also some changes were made for 3300mah charging compatability.

My fav option on the CDC 6b is the Boost mode charge, it discharges a charged pack for 1.5 - 2 mins and then repeaks. This can help increase voltage and punch. I use this mode when my pack's charge has complete too soon. Like at the winter nats when i was waiting for the b final my pack had been charge for over an hour so 10mins prior to the b final i performed a boost charge and all was good for the final.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by black-knight
CDC v5.0 and v6.0b chargers are slightly different,

V6.0 CDC'S can store personal charge profilres and has an increased range of charge modes. Also some changes were made for 3300mah charging compatability.

My fav option on the CDC 6b is the Boost mode charge, it discharges a charged pack for 1.5 - 2 mins and then repeaks. This can help increase voltage and punch. I use this mode when my pack's charge has complete too soon. Like at the winter nats when i was waiting for the b final my pack had been charge for over an hour so 10mins prior to the b final i performed a boost charge and all was good for the final.
So pretty much as per my post. Everything you can do on the old version.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

not excatly... the old does everything the new does, but you have to do it manually in comparision.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

accually, the old one doesnt do all the things the new one does .
Old 07-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

well maybe the internal resistence, but every other function the new does, can be duplicated on the old one (manually)
Old 07-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

ohhh....blue screen.....nice and....blue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.