Wiki Posts
Search

Overseas Hobby Store Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 03:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by PT
Steevo,
You are very quick to insult people in a personal manner whenever they disagree with you. Behind your keyboard you try to be some sort of superhero. What's missing in your life? Is your pee pee a bit small? Maybe you have alot of acne?? Not many friends? Girls dont like you?? You like boys?? Whatever it is, you really need to get over yourself because each time you insult people, you confirm some, if not all of what i've just decribed of you.

And you have the hide to critisize LHS's for "profiteering"??
Werent you warned for selling imported goods for profit in the "For Sale" forum?

You would have to be the biggest tool on this forum!
Hahahahahahahaha

You fools don't bother me one bit....... Youre only annoyed because you have a connection with the local Hobby scene and you are losing money big time to people buying overseas...

PT the only time you post about anything is to have a go at me.... You only use that ID when you want to hide....Hahahaha

Hahahahaha

Say what you like I don't care Hahahahaha
Old 06-24-2003, 03:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by PT
Steevo,

And you have the hide to critisize LHS's for "profiteering"??
Werent you warned for selling imported goods for profit in the "For Sale" forum?

And I can still sell anything for 30% less than any local hobby store, Thats why people keep asking me to get stuff for them

And No I was NEVER WARNED for selling imported goods for profit in the For Sale Forum by anyone except you and that means nothing to me...
Old 06-24-2003, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

hmmm...

well while im at it let me give a quick plug for:

-www.southerncrosshobbies.com.au

-www.racerspit.com

both in oz. fair enough. look, honestly unless you order a crapheap from OS and bring in parts/hopups/kit etc all in one go sometimes it pays to just buy as you need.

i don't see the point in purchasing $250 worth of spare parts for my evo3 or mugen before it breaks. i can get the mugen stuff of barry and the tamiya parts from werever.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Cool SITES again

hehe, i notice the controversy thats going on, but the main point here is that buying o/s is alot better than local , can we all agree on that ? ? no joke you cant tell me it isnt. Here is a list of all the links people have posted to help the people that want to see where they can get stuff!

http://www.hobbymania.com.hk - cheap electric stuff no gas parts though
http://www.speedtechrc.com - all sorts of parts for gas and elec, shipping seems to be really steap so i would reccomend getting lots of stuff if you choose speedtech
http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk - Great service, but i would reccomend that u use this as a catalog then order from Lam at harmony model
http://www.towerhobbies.com - best online r/c store i have seen by the way of design but they dont have any mugen mtx 3 parts
[email protected] - you have to email these dudes but its worth it, they have great service and the best prices by far, they will give u a dummy invoice so customs dont bust u aswell
http://controlcentre.rctech.net/ - never dealt with them!
http://www.cityhobby.com/c_home.htm - never dealt with them!
http://www.rcmart.com/ - never dealt with them!
www.sheldonshobbies.com - never dealt with them!
www.stormerhobbies.com - never dealt with them!

EDIT - thanks xray vision for the stormerhobbies link

ok i hope that helps some people out!

dont let the flaming in here get too personal... lets keep this thread going we dont want it to get locked!!

Last edited by mitch179; 06-24-2003 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Mitch you left out.....stormerhobbies.com on your list...
Old 06-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Novarossi
Now this is what I call a sledging thread
its better then the sledging thread
Old 06-25-2003, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

Hey all,
I know this sounds a bit impatiant but i ordered my radio last monday, many people were saying 6 days when would you think my estimated timeof arrival is?
Old 06-25-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by adrian
Hey all,
I know this sounds a bit impatiant but i ordered my radio last monday, many people were saying 6 days when would you think my estimated timeof arrival is?
where did u order the radio from, what was the shipping method? i.e EMS
Old 06-25-2003, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Here is one i use often, its not a website, but he is very reliable.

[email protected]

shop name is Niki's Hobby. Give him and email and compare the price, you will be suprised. He deals in Hong Kong dollars not US dollars, ive compared the price to other stores ie: Harmony, Tower, speedtech etc and he's the cheapest yet.

Ive refered many people to him and those that used him were happy with the service.

EMS post from him gets here in 3-4 days.

Just let Niki know that you were refered by David from Sydney.

Old 06-25-2003, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

yeah i deal with niki also. i was referedto him by two dudes i race with, spread the word to dave, dave spread the word to....

good prices.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

Yo Bk,
Towerhobbies, and the quicker meathod, airmail
Old 06-25-2003, 02:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by adrian
Yo Bk,
Towerhobbies, and the quicker meathod, airmail
hmmm, ok ive ordered from Tower before, but not for several years, the last order i got from them took about 2 weeks.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just received an air mail package from Tower in a week and a half. Air mail is the way to go.

I've had problems with EMS, I suppose it is just that you can see Australia Posts stuff ups as they happen. I've used it twice and had to chase the package both times.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I order the majority of parts from tower, i set my own cutoff for ordering - if i order by wednesday night, the package would have shipped from the states by friday, and i would receive it by tuesday which i get at work then fit on the stop and use that night (penrith).

ive had 2 late deliveries out of the 20+ orders ive done but they arrived with in the next week or 2.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

if i order by wednesday night, the package would have shipped from the states by friday, and i would receive it by tuesday which i get at work then fit on the stop and use that night (penrith).
Wow thats so fast!
Im going on 2 weeks now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.