Search

MECCA CHALLENGE ROUND 2 .11,12 AUGUST 2007

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default racin

How did the gas go today?
Was the track sprayed in the morning and will it be sprayed for electric.
What was the entries like.
cheers
see yas in the morning!!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Any Results from the Meca 2 today
Old 08-12-2007, 02:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Matt Ferguson put on a class effort in 540, Luck Button once again proved himself too good in Stock, though Adam clark made it a much more difficult task this round. With Mick clarke having some amazing speed and cons in mod.

So 2 rounds have been run and both of the prizes have been secured.

Luc Botton for Stock
Mick Clarke for Mod

Only 540 is still open with Walter Ly winning round 1, and Matt Ferguson Round 2.

Noisy cars were Ric Bart putting on a fine effort winning by some 8 laps Brian Madsen and i tihnk Jim 3rd.

Well done to Brad Davis, his first full event run by himself. Apart from some power issues today due to integral working in the area and messing up the 3 phase, there were no show stoppers.

I will have to try and stay away from that BBQ, i will end up 150kg again
Old 08-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Bersecoe, I think Matt Ferguson has heaps of potential and can't believe he hasn't been snapped up by someone in relation to sponsorship.I believe he is one of the most marketable drivers in Sydney.

Good on Luc for stock and Clarke for mod.

What were the numbers like at the event today?
Old 08-12-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Yeah well done Fergo, I'm glad the rain stayed away and the track wasn't washed away but I'm sure it will come another day
Old 08-12-2007, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Smile THANK YOU

I had a great day at the Mecca Challenge today. I would especially like to congradulate all of the winners. I also want to pass on a big thank you to Brad for the use of his packs, Fergo and Parko for helping me with my radio, Rod for his advice, Peter for setting up my car and the good sportsmanship shown throughout the day.

Thanks also to Brad for talking me into attending the event.

Later

Calvin.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

I believe the numbers were down for this meeting, I hope the officials of all clubs start to note this and start doing something together. (Meca one week, club challenge next week, state titles the week before ).

If all clubs communicate with each other this will help RC racers all over the state.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Corey The Great
I believe the numbers were down for this meeting, I hope the officials of all clubs start to note this and start doing something together. (Meca one week, club challenge next week, state titles the week before ).

If all clubs communicate with each other this will help RC racers all over the state.

its not a matter of communicating , its a matter of there is to many events on! things like club challenges which have come allong later fill in the gaps where there was once a gap for club meets to happen, and also the half a dozen new clubs starting which takes numbers from other clubs leaving every where with small numbers, and now another track is trying to be arranged which will kill the likes of windsor being a indoor carpet track,
untill a few events a dropped and a few of these carpark tracks are gone this will keep on being a problem.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Yeh, big thanks to Brad for all his efforts over the weekend, you did a superb job mate, dont take the power issue to heart as all of us understand it was not your fault, and we will definately be back for more racing!!!

Congrats to all the winners, as has been said, Fergo drove a flawless race in 540, likewise Mick in mod, although your car did seem to go FAR better in the 3rd final mate...set-up change???... lol only kidding.

Well done to Luc and Adz in stock, that was some awesome racing fellas... especially the 3rd final!... provided some fantastic entertainment for us onlookers who failed to qualify well

A big thanks to all the guys helping me come to grips with the new chassis, Rod, Damo, Pete and Grant, i've still got some work to do, but by the end of the days racing i felt much more comfortable in the car...just gotta get rid of that bloody glitching!!!... maybe i need a gold chassis pete???

Overall a great days racing, hopefully next round i'll be able to match Rod's TOP effort... or can i better???

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 AM
Tech Addict

Blown SV, what you are saying is incorrect Windsor track has been getting turnouts that are more than the state titles this year, The racing scene out there is thriving only because a band of local drivers are racing there week in, week out,
Bersecoe was out there the other night and I'm sure he can vouch that the numbers are increasing and the quality of drivers is amazing.
Fergo raced out there friday night and was unable to TQ one of the local drivers out qualified him.
These are my opinions and nobody elses but if a club like Windsor or Tempe offers drivers are good friendlyenvironment and you can lock your car and expect to come back and find it what more could you want.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Champion

maybe some of the sydney clubs can get together and have a chat about organising events etc, maybe reach an agreement to nut out events in advance.

Brad, PM me if you want to get Ric's number (im sure you already have it anyway). I'll bring up the "too many events" issue during Moorebank's commitiee meeting this wednesday as well.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Tomb, Its good to see someone on here has got some brains, Tracks like Whalen are suffering because of the lack of organisation from other clubs with meetings all over the state week after week

Tomb also you might be able to discuss this topic with TJ Castle Hill and Ideas Man at Tempe. I really hope something is done before Tracks like Whalen go down the gurgler
Old 08-13-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Corey The Great
Blown SV, what you are saying is incorrect Windsor track has been getting turnouts that are more than the state titles this year, The racing scene out there is thriving only because a band of local drivers are racing there week in, week out,
Bersecoe was out there the other night and I'm sure he can vouch that the numbers are increasing and the quality of drivers is amazing.
Fergo raced out there friday night and was unable to TQ one of the local drivers out qualified him.
These are my opinions and nobody elses but if a club like Windsor or Tempe offers drivers are good friendlyenvironment and you can lock your car and expect to come back and find it what more could you want.
I have to agree with CTG in regards to his above statement, I was infact at Windsor on Friday Night and I couldn't believe the atmosphere at Windsor. I spoke to a couple of drivers they were very helpful out there. I believe there was about 45 drivers out there on Friday Night.
I also popped out to Whalen , the atmosphere was quite disappointing considering it was a major meet.
I have also been to Castle Hill Showground and the atmosphere is very good and racers are helpful.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by caltek1
I had a great day at the Mecca Challenge today. I would especially like to congradulate all of the winners. I also want to pass on a big thank you to Brad for the use of his packs, Fergo and Parko for helping me with my radio, Rod for his advice, Peter for setting up my car and the good sportsmanship shown throughout the day.

Thanks also to Brad for talking me into attending the event.

Later

Calvin.

Good to see you back and racing Calvin, next time drop into Bunnings nad pick up a proper table.

Instead of stealing the wifes sewing table
Old 08-13-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
I have to agree with CTG in regards to his above statement, I was infact at Windsor on Friday Night and I couldn't believe the atmosphere at Windsor. I spoke to a couple of drivers they were very helpful out there. I believe there was about 45 drivers out there on Friday Night.
I also popped out to Whalen , the atmosphere was quite disappointing considering it was a major meet.
I have also been to Castle Hill Showground and the atmosphere is very good and racers are helpful.

Racers on the whole are very friendly people, they love nothing more than talking about their toys. Each venue has its own feel, none really better or worse than the next. You only need to ask a question.

I think the problem can be solved by combining the events within the different series, ie IMCC holds the Summernuts, this can also be their round of the club challenge, The nitro interclub is already adhering to this somewhat, with the Tamworth Cup, Sydney GP etc being their round of the interclub. The only limiting factor here is who gets to pocket the funds relating to the event. But you would hope that the race promoters can put aside their short term profits to long term health of the events.

Windsor has developed a good local only customer base, this is what is required to build a good club. Places like Whalan are fewquesnted by the more mobile racer who travel outside this local region, the same can be said of Castle Hill and SMA, the greater majority refuse to race anywehere else.

What i dont really get is that the penrith racers have huge crowds who jostle for a few minutes of track time during the week, but wont attend weekend club days at Whalan, yet use the track on every other day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.