Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 ACT Titles - July 14 and 15

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mangoman
cant we clean out under the stand and lock him in there?
well I have a key......... but why empty it? that only gives him room to move
Old 06-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mad Mackem
It's OK, the Rock is tough, He can pit outside.
If I pit outside I would have to wear a T-shirt and I just bought a brand new blue King-Gee singlet just for this special occasion.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

A real man would wear his singlet outside!
Old 06-21-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Space will be fine, trust me, the trade off is worth it. This lay out is awsome
Old 06-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Have you found much of a set-up difference between last years titles track and the current one???... or is it fairly similar.

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 06-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmm, tricky that one. My car's changed alot since last year. You might be able to gear slightly higher but chassis setup is much the same.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me if practice will be allowed on the friday and if so during what times?

Also what is the schedule for racing and what time will the track be open from (for practice) on Saturday?
Old 06-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah the track will be open fom arout 5:00pm till late on friday night for open practice. not sure if the timing gear will be there though.

(thanks for the reminder i have been forgetting to put it on the website)

I am not sure about timings for saturday and sunday though
Old 06-22-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

The track will be open from 8am on Saturday and Sunday.

Racing will start at 1pm Saturday and 9am Sunday, yes you can practice between 8am and 9am.

The only times the track will be closed to practice will be after racing on Saturday night and during qualifying and the finals.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Last year... the practice on saturday night was excellent, a big help to those of us travelling from Sydney or further. Has this been cancelled this year for the benefit of the organisers???... im not trying to be rude or imply this is unfair... just curious... of course i understand that the guys want to get home at a reasonable time etc etc...

Just asking!

Another question, with regards to motor scrutineering, is it illegal by your rules to NOT display the motor brand sticker on the can???

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 06-24-2007, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

hi Robbie,

yes Saturday night practice has been canceled for the benefit of the organisers, were all getting old and need our beauty sleep

As with previous years we've varied the game plan though so you never know your luck.

OK, looking at your motor question made me realise how much Weaselese we used in these rules (See Dilbert). The Entry form refers you to the Club rules where Rule 7.7 refers to IFMAR's rules which at part 4.3.2 point 'e' states 'All motors must have the original manufacturer's logo or name moulded into the end bell'.

Are you confused? So am I

Here's show the motor rules will be applied - I can tell what a Stock motor looks like, I can tell what a 19t spec motor looks like and I can tell what a Mod Motor looks like. No Hybrids. If there is no label then the motor will be fine for the class.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Nerdling!

Yeh no problems at all, i've just got a couple of stock motors missing their labels thats all... of course there is NOTHING illegal about them at all...stock standard (no pun intended), but the label was a bit tattered and hence removed.

Does anyone have a GUIDE rollout for 19t at the new track??? i hate to steal peoples secrets etc, so a ball park figure will do, but i've never run 19t on a small, tight track before.

Three weeks and counting!

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 06-24-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Those of you who have been paying attention will note that rule 3 states that a class must have a minimum of 5 paid entries before the 2nd of July.

This rule is not going to be applied to the following classes:

Mini
F1
Stock
19t
Mod

I've spoken to enough people who have told me that they will enter on the day in these classes for them to stand.

It will be applied to:
GT190.
Superstock.

If you want to run your 13.5 or your 2WD Tamiya/Academy Touring car please get your entry in as soon as possible.

Further to this: The cut off date for the 540 class is now 24 entries (we are buying enough motors to cover this many entries). What this means is that we will take entries for the 540 class on the day, however, if you are the 25th entrant for the class I hope you will have bought a stock motor with you.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

At the risk of asking the same qustion as some one else what foams are you guys running, I did attend last year and if memory serves me I think I ended up running 37's on the back and 42's on the front, not sure if this is correct. I just seem to remember that there was a big jump from front to rear?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by THE ROCK
At the risk of asking the same qustion as some one else what foams are you guys running, I did attend last year and if memory serves me I think I ended up running 37's on the back and 42's on the front, not sure if this is correct. I just seem to remember that there was a big jump from front to rear?
Well (ready for confusion ) I normaly run with about a 5shore difference between the front and the back, so 40's on the front and 35's on the back, or, 42's on the front and 37's on the back or even 43's on the front and 38's on the back. All seem to work quite well with the only obvious difference being the absloute maximum of grip (which increases with the softer tyres).

but

last meeting I ran UFRA 40F's on the front and 42R's on the rear and the car felt much the same, with a slight lack or corner entry speed on the current (titles) layout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.