Wiki Posts
Search

TCS 2007

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ice_spy
Toy Traders have no email... funny that.
but heres thier address:-

toy traders pty ltd
po box 232 Lidcombe
N.S.W. 2141

Please everybody who wants TCS write them a letter of complaint.
*throws down the mouse and keyboard and takes up pen and paper*
Old 04-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

knowing TT they will prolly take 3 months to reply or 3 months just to open the letter.

3pk + TT = 6 months wait and no problem found, hmmm
Old 04-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hahah dan is this what you are doing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs
Old 04-19-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamie814340
hahah dan is this what you are doing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs
Yes, but I took my glasses off this time...

Edit: Ironic, but I'm reading the report on the '06 TCS Worlds in Racing Lines while refreshing this thread. Such a shame that it's come to an end for we Australians...
Old 04-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HAHA
Old 04-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I heard of these discussions a few months ago, i was hoping it was just a bit of wind blowing but obviously it was not. TCS is undoubtedly the pinnacle racing event in Australian history, no other event has matched the prizes put forward each year.

I have been lucky enough to see things from a number of perspectives, as a team driver for TT, a privateer Tamiya product user, and also exposure to the resellers in question. And there are issues facing each level.

I tihnk people are being a bit agressive towards TT Ron has a business to run and if he deems this segment to not be profitable it is his right, secondly i have been involved in a number of discussions regarding stock availablility even including a closed meeting with Mr S Tamiya himself, who admitted that they have a dual pricing structure for Asia and the rest of the world, the same issues can be seen in England and the USA. And was adamant that this pricing would not change.

From the reseller perspective over the last couple of years basic product has not been made available locally, even with Castle Hill hobbies having exclusive right of sale at the actual event, sporting only minimal stock levels. It is no wonder that resellers respond to this demand. Though the quantity being discussed is minimal compared to the quantities that TT deal in.

I agree with a lot of posters here, a first step would be to write clear concise non threatening letters of concern to TT, there is still a long time until October much can happen in that time.

I sincerely hope that TT sees the positive responses here and reviews their decision, as one of the lucky few to have attended the TCS worlds it is a part of my life i will remember forever.

Bradd Vercoe
Old 04-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Edit.... posted in wrong thread....
Old 04-19-2007, 07:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I feel for the WA sub distributor, no doubt some ill informed people may take their frustration out on him, no doubt he's as peeved at Toy Traders as we all are.

They bitch about people getting tamiya bits elsewhere, why? Because Toy Traders doesn't import anything! No MRE, No TA05R, all the good stuff they won't import! got to save shipping container room for MORE TT-01's!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Tamiya themselves need to address this issue. How can they have a pricing structure like that, if every Asian distributor is selling to the world? Thats crazy. Im guilty myself of buying online, when i find the prices amazingly cheaper. This heated debate is fought all over. Ive heard it in the US, ive heard it here in Canada. The blame cant be squared at TT, as alot of other countries distributors are feeling the pinch of online stores also.

Im a Tamiya nut through and through and the TCS was and still is (in my eyes) the BEST series in all of australian rc racing. I hope TT and Tamiya can work together to get a better resolution. TT cant be blamed for their decision.

Fingers crossed, the TCS is resurrected somehow. Brad, maybe you can have a nice chat with Ron of TT and persuade him somehow? lol

Big thankyou to Trev and the crew who have been working on the TCS for so long, you guys made it the series it was (and hopefully still is lol).
Old 04-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

no more TCS... I only went to the last two and had a good time at both.

If TT are not liking the cost of running the event why not make it a shorter event?

perhaps two day
practice on saturday
qualifying and racing on sunday
no free accomodation
smaller prizes
and an entry fee comparable to other events to help cover costs

would make it cheaper to run and still give the racers a good event to attend.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Bottom line, rc racers should support those stores / distributors who support the hobby.

Toy Traders today has effectively given every rc racer in Australia the finger.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
Bottom line, rc racers should support those stores / distributors who support the hobby.

Toy Traders today has effectively given every rc racer in Australia the finger.
Meh, they have been giving us the finger for years now, this time it is buggery.

I have spoken to workers at hobby shops down here, and nearly all of them hate dealing with TT. TT comes across as being rude and disinterested with stock issues, and take that long to restock parts that it is little wonder that people are buying parts and cars from overseas.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

It is ashame that TCS is not running as i was looking forward to running my Mini this year and the aussies have always been at the pointy end when it came to the TCS Worlds.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

lol.. have they?

yeah we turn up there.. haha. not sure about always being on the pointy end.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Painy
lol.. have they?

yeah we turn up there.. haha. not sure about always being on the pointy end.
Sorry, I should rephrase that. Pointy end of the bar & pointy end of the excess luggage queue due to all the cheaper stuff from RC Champ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.