Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Default Engine Warranty

Hi All

I was just curious , has any one every recieved engine warranty ? if you have or havent please share your experience.

Cheers MM
Old 03-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Come on not one person ever recieve warranty ?
Old 03-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have with a sirio engine. But it was a genuine factory falt not from stupidity or poor up keep.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Suspended

I know of someone that cooked there engine from poor tuning and received a new rebuild (piston, liner and what not) for free from the dealer that sold it to him, it was done this way to keep the peace and ensure the fellow come back for parts (sold as a RTR buggy) and to spread the word of his service and quality of parts, Now the dealer was no way responsible to what happened to the engine but fixed it anyway, now a few ppl could learn from this instead of $$$ signs rolling around in the heads, what he lost on this he will make up further down the line in parts sales.
Just curious MM but are your engine warranted and if so is it only against Manufacturers faults
Old 03-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

We cant Warrant against manufacturers engine faults .. Thats up to the manufacturer.

Ok well lets keep the dialogue running. I am interested in how valid warranty claims are with engine manufacturers. And whats the most common fault when there is something wrong.

Cheers
Old 03-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

MM, as soon as you touch the sleeve, the manufacture's warranty is void anyway isn't it?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

im talking about stock motors, not modified.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

thats ok, but it doesn't answer my question
Old 03-04-2007, 03:28 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have received warranty. Same situation as Sirios2127 but with another brand.

Why do you ask?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timmy_G
thats ok, but it doesn't answer my question

Again this thread was started to ask a specific question , but to answer your question is impossible. You would have to refer to the individual engine manufacturer. What you should do is contact them and ask if they void warranty once an engine is modified in any way. That would cover changing bearings, seals, sleeve mods, crank mods, carb swap outs , carb inserts , back plates etc.. My guess is that as soon as you start an engine the warranty is over. But what im trying to do here is see what is the most common warrnty flaw. It helps with my research. So if you have anything to contribute in that regard it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers MM
Old 03-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sirio2127
I have with a sirio engine. But it was a genuine factory falt not from stupidity or poor up keep.

hey jeremy

what was the part that had the malfunction ?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Suspended

but if you buy it from a shop such as yours MM, isn't it your duty to help out the customer, not the customer do all the leg work as they never bought it direct from them, you being the manufacturers agent. Why is the model car industry different from and other. If i buy any other product from any other shop and some thing happens even if its my fault or not there are the 3 R's " replace, repair or refund to the customers satifaction" why are Nitro engines so special and above all the rest. My opinion only, but i reakon CA would have a field day with this.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

I will not say atm. I think the hardest thing about warranty on an engine is there is alot of factors that can come into play. I also so have seen good shops go way beyond what they are spose to do just to keep the peace. All i can recamend for any one that has what they think is a genuine warranty is don't get mad. Go to the place were you baught it from tell and show the prob and ask them to see what they can do. But most important it may take as much as 6 months or more for a replacement part or engine what ever the case may be. If the shop wants nothing to do with it contact the country distrubter for the product and explane the prob nicely via email pic may help as well and wait for a reply it may take a week or more to recive a reply. Pirsonaly I think a warranty on any engine is void after first start. Maby with a big undouted factory falt and you get it from a good shop and do not go silly and make a big fuss you maby 50% of the time will get a good responce. I see so many people who expect a responce instantly but thats never going to happen you must be prepared to wait outher wise you will get no ware. I think only very few engine warranty clames are genuine most are from people who unnoingly damage there engines with missuse or missgided info. If at the hobby shop level better info and help was provided buy the manufacture to the hoby shop and on to the coustomer than less clames would be loged. Thats my thoughts and how i feel is the right way to go about a warranty clame. Regards Jeremy.

Last edited by Sirio2127; 03-04-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

and the point of this thread then is to?.............. what justify a shop in not offering warranty on something, give us a break, perhaps if your opening question in the thread had been anything other that the most vague question i'd ever seen, you might have received some better resposes, you've tried to clear it up while arguing with someone but i still dont get what its about, what's this 'research' you're doing, i suggest you ask for people to PM you and continue this private research in PM's rather than start a slinging match about who gives warranty / service etc
Old 03-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

There is nothing vague abouth the question. Its very simple and direct.

Has any one had warranty if so please share the experience.

I dont see how this is a sligning match, Im not referring to any single manufacturer or distributor . And many people come here to gather information about RC , thats what a forum is all about. So again if you have any experience to add that is on topic please do so.

Cheers MM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.