Wiki Posts
Search

High Performance AT Racing Nitro in Perth

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default High Performance AT Racing Nitro in Perth

Hi Guy's

RPW Service Centre has been distributing the AT/VP Racing Pre Mixd Nitro fuels in WA for several years now. Unfortunatly some of the hobby shops other than Radio Model Supplies, were too focused on buying cheap Chinese mixed fuels, and selling at high prices for large profit margins.

So we are now offering the AT/VP USA based Nitro fuel at WHOLESALE pricing to all customer in the WA Region. This is for all of the AT 4 Litre containers with pricing between $30 - $45.00 depending upon the nitro content.

I am sure most people by now are aware of the AT Racing Qaulity and we know that many eastern states people are using the race mixes with the 10% oil content wiht great success.

For those that don't know, check the AT Racing website out at www.atracing.com.au for the new Contingancy Program which pays winners for using our products. Thats right, win an event and AT Racing will pay you money back.

This will be spreading to more and more events and soon to be organised in Western Australia.

Feel free to ask any questions - I am more than happy to answer them about the fuels. Check our website out for prices on all the fuels at www.rpw.com.au

David Thomas

Last edited by Mitsiman; 02-07-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

What a load of bollocks !

every one knows VP and AT racing fuel is made from chinese nitro !

I wanted to find out for myself so i wrote to VP in the US and this is what they said

"Angus will no longer allow us to sell Nitro into the Racing or RC market. From this point forward all VP nitro will be Chinese Nitro "

Brad Horton
VP Racing Fuels, Inc.
[email protected]

there is his email ask him for your self.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Agh yes very interesting although there are some certain information you are missing out on.

Firstly in relation to the angus / VP nitro no longer being sold, that is in relation to the USA market with the Angus pulling out of the NHRA with there nitro fuel.

With the Australian Market, I can assure you the fuel is definitly still being imported into Australia, would you like to come to my shop, and see the Angus or VP drum with the USA Nitromethanol in it?

And with reference to VP remarketing Chinese Nitro, that is definitly not the case.

And thirdly, VP Racing Fuels australia, has enough Nitromethane stockpiled in Australia, so that even if there was no more USA Angus Nitromethane being shipped to us, we could still provide for all our nitromethane needs for the next two years.

This was done due to the beleif that Nitromethanol may no longer be allowed to be exported due to anti terrorism laws etc. Thankfully that did not come to pass.

But just to show that we do take these questoins seriously, I will make a point of following this up with VP Management in Australia and the USA and clear this up further.

Again to confirm though, to date, all VP/Angus Nitromethanol being sold in Australia is in fact origonal USA sourced products, not chinese. This is both in our pre mixed fuels and where raw ingredients are sold as well.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

I also did research last year. I was told that nitormethane was excluded from items allowed to be exported from the USA. Something to do with their anti-terrorism laws. So any fuel blended outside of the USA, has non-USA nitro. I was also told that the chinese factories are producing quality nitro, as good as Angas Nitro. I think that there is some truth in the info I received, but some of it could be marketing crap.

I have tried a few different brands of fuel last year, and found AT Fuel is pretty good(one of the best), I'm still using it, and my engine performance is very good. Easy tuning, good power, and running very clean, the price is quite reaonable too.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Rookie

I think the key to remember here, is that the VP Nitromethane is not exported to just anyone. The reason why we are able to continue importing and using it in Australia is because we are an Official International VP agent, as per the VP USA Website.

And since we are not part of the NHRA scene, we do not get involved in the politics of that situation.

So at this stage, there are no issues with importing confirmed USA Angus Manafactured nitromethane. I personally rue the day if we ever had to start importing the chinese nitro.

There are some good batches of Chinese nitro, the problem is for every 1 good batch, there are 4 bad batches and for some reason people object to paying for bad nitro

As every reputable tuner knows, there is a big difference between good nitro and bad nitro, with the angus we know its always going to be good nitro no matter when we buy it or sell it.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't care where the Nitro comes from, China, USA, Uganda !

VP/AT fuel is absolutely awesome - consistent from bottle to bottle, always a nice film of oil left inside the engines, no corrosion even when I forget to use after run.. and Hp as good as any fuel...

And for the record, I don't care much for the "contingency" plan
Old 02-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

oops - pressed the button twice !
Old 02-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Initiate

I will call Brad Horton the Area Manager of VP US tomorrow morning personally and tell him that VP Australia state that he is a liar . Ill get the truth out of him and im sure he will call VP australia and ask why they are contradicting VP US . I will also bring his attention to this thread.

You claim Angus Nitro is 99.95% pure as per your At web site - how can this be when Angus claims that their Nitro has only 98% Nitromethane and total Nitroparrafins is only 99% - See Angus TDS 2 Technical data sheet- Form No. 319-00012 dated 2000. This information is available on the Angus - Dow Chemical web site. Only Chinese nitro has this purity .

You claim that VP are Angus Distributors- this is not true- ISM Australia is the Angus Distributor, and they state they no longer import Angus. They state that they wont allow Angus nitro out of the US. Which re inforces what magnuts says.

Why do your drums not display the Angus numbers and batch certificate. For years you have insisted that this is the only pure Nitro- now they do not have this any longer
Why is your Nitro now shipped in non Angus Standard drums ?

AT advertise on their label that the Fuel is made in the USA .. question why would you have to import nitro from the us when its already made in the US and shipped as a ready made product ? The truth is its made here obviously with chinese nitro

The facts point toward you trying to snow us with BS to try to sell a product, why dont you just admit you use chinese nitro and be done with it ?

Question if you dont use Chinese nitro how can you comment that 1 out of every 4 batches is incorrectly made ? Sounds like more BS

Question If your fuel is so good why are you paying people to use it ? and why dont more shops stock it ? If its so good and cheep it should be the obvious fuel to stock in a hobby shop ...

If its $35 for 4 litres then that makes it $8.75 a litre then you cut about 50% mark up so wholesale would be about $4.65 per litre plus shipping and youre making money on that so youre telling me you make fuel for about $2 a litre ? With Angus nitro ? um yeah sure cough cough ...
Old 02-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is all old news, Massive Mods has commented on this same topic ages ago, would pay to go to his thread and read up on it,
Old 02-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i always us at/vp fuel
it is not as pricey as other fuels and i get good hp and no rust in any of my engines.
best of all my local hs stocks it so i never run out.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm still using the AT fuel. I don't particually care if the nitro comes from China or Timbucktoo. Try it, if it is good and the price is right, continue to use it, if you are not happy, try something else. This is what I had to do when my local fuel supplier stopped blending fuel. I get good power, engine temps are good, and I get good economy from my engine/fuel combination.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Firstly glad to hear some good feedback on the fuel. If anyone else is using it, good or bad feedback please let me know. If its bad, then also tell me because there may be something I can do about it as well.

Now without going into major detail, claims have been made, about the veracity of the brand/qaulity of the Nitromethane being used in AT Racing fuels.

Let me clarify - firstly AT Racing Fuels utilised American Manafactured Premium Level Nitromethane. We have been using this same brand fuel since day one and will not be changing in the future. At no time have we ever used a Chinese manafactured Nitromethane.

We can also confirm that it was officially released that Angus did declare that they have pulled out of the NHRA Drag Racing with the supply of there fuels, and that they have also declared that they are no longer exporting there fuels either.. Note that they have specified who is no longer exporting, not who is .......

But - and if you are smart I am sure you will be reading between the lines.

Firstly, Angus have instead confirmed that they are now going to be focusing there efforts on the Model Fuel industry. They have just signed up with every model car show in the USA with a trade stall. Check the following link as one example

http://www.rcx.com/RX/visitors/exhibitors_rc.asp

Now you don't have to be to dum to realise, that if Angus are going to shows to promote there products, that they are obviously intending for there product to be used.......

I am not going to go into any more detail on this particular point, as I beleive this covers everything in that regard. At the end of the day, we are selling a high qaulity fuel, at a very good price and look forward to hearing a lot more comments from satisfied users.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I as a consumer shouldnt have to read between the lines mate. Either your telling the truth and AT is in fact using the USA nitro, or it isn't. Your last post just confused the issue. So what if Angus are into hobby shows in the US. The real question is simple. Is AT fuel using Angus USA nitro? yes or no. and back that up with proof.

Now, that aside. If the AT fuel I buy tomorrow is the same as the AT fuel I got in Melbourn 2 years ago, I would have no hesitation in running it, no matter where the ingreediants comes from. It was a quality fuel. Problem is that I cant get it locally now, and I cant be arsed in organising a shipment to get some. My LHS mixes fuel in house, with quality brand name componants and best of all, Nath will mix it to my custom %. Price wise I would be silly to go elsewere for fuel. You cant mix it yourself for the price.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

i found "chinese" nitro to be a lot more potent than the VP nitro.

something between 20-25% nitro content on chinese nitro felt like 30% with VP nitro. thats been my experience.

thats prob many people get trapped using chines nitro. as using 30% is too much.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

18 months ago I was a VP/AT user of the 10% blend.

While I had been using the fuel for some months, I bought another lot and had an engine failure almost straight away. I thought it was just something with the engine but when another engine went at the next round, I looked for other alternatives for the cause.

While I can't say I have any conclusive proof that the fuel was behind the failures, I have not had an unexpected failure since switching to another brand in over 12 months of racing.

Just sharing my experience as you said you wanted to know good or bad feedback.

Cheers,

Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.