Wiki Posts
Search

Why are people leaving the sport in droves

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prettyinpink
When are we going to see the rock trying to be the 540 king again ? that's right would u have any chance . .
The Rock Ruled 540 did his time and moved on, now I am at the back end of stock with a long way to go!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

That is the truth so you had better change camps and you may be at the front
Old 02-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Most people just want to turn up and race,myself included.I don't buy "performance" gear anymore but gear to make my race day easier.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

People are entitled to race in any class they like and if they like 540 so be it if it such a big thing to move them to stock then take people out of stock and put them into mod. I think you will force people out of the sport if you dictate to them what they can and can't run.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

I think in some ways you are right Rex, not all people raced 540 for a trophy,
I raced it because my mates couldn't afford to race stock with buying better battery's and top line cars due to being a single dad and having to pay for most everything, so i use to give him my second hand battery's to help and cars when i updated for free. I just like racing against him that was all
Old 02-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

I left the hobby for about 12months, mainly for 2 reasons, the first reason was money, for young people like myself and other young people is that when u start Rc, i basic rely in birthday presents and christmas, which is pretty funny but thats cause i didnt have a job back then. Also most of the people had all the new gear and equitment that had just come out and you struggle to win with the gear you already. and the secound reson is the FUN of the sport, not really fun losing all the time, people hitting you etc.

But now i have a job, got some money together and now back into the hobby racing 540 with my mates and having a great time, which is the main oart of the hobby i enjoy.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Great to see you back into it Marc_05
See some guy's are getting back into the sport.
Addam
Old 02-12-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Safer SX
People are entitled to race in any class they like and if they like 540 so be it if it such a big thing to move them to stock then take people out of stock and put them into mod. I think you will force people out of the sport if you dictate to them what they can and can't run.
Safer SX, I raced 540 for a couple of years won the club challenge in NSW in 540 and then the VORTEC Vic state 540 Pro, really then you need to move up a class! If you keep racing the same class it gets old and young guy's like Marc 05 get tired of losing when he has what it takes to win that class!

Now I race stock and struggle to make an A final mostly B and C finals but thats the way it goes I think guys who win a couple of events in a class need to move up and make way for new blood, if they dont then others will become disillusioned and leave the hobby.

BUT it is up to those guys to realise this and move up, Scott Parkinson dominated stock in NSW for a year or so and has now seen fit to moveup to Mod - A good move.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE ROCK
Safer SX, I raced 540 for a couple of years won the club challenge in NSW in 540 and then the VORTEC Vic state 540 Pro, really then you need to move up a class! If you keep racing the same class it gets old and young guy's like Marc 05 get tired of losing when he has what it takes to win that class!

Now I race stock and struggle to make an A final mostly B and C finals but thats the way it goes I think guys who win a couple of events in a class need to move up and make way for new blood, if they dont then others will become disillusioned and leave the hobby.

BUT it is up to those guys to realise this and move up, Scott Parkinson dominated stock in NSW for a year or so and has now seen fit to moveup to Mod - A good move.
Well said Nick....540 needs to be easier for newbs to get a grip on and have a realistic chance at. Higher weight restictions(1600g +) to allow for people who cannot afford a new "pro" level car and handout motors(prevent the voodoo arts being performed to make the motors fast) at bigger events is the way to go I reckon. $1000's of gear to run in this class is sheer madness, especially when you can go stock/mod and go real fast(in a straight line anyway ) for about the same money. Keep the car off the pipes and you should not break too much stuff. That said 540 has caused the most damage to my Xray thus far

You coming to Canberra for the indoor titles this year to run around in the B's or C's with me again?

Matt
Old 02-12-2007, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by THE ROCK

Well said if you keeping winning a class over and over again it gets boring, so to start racing a higher class against better drivers is a lot of fun, but a challenge that can increase your driving skills.

Well thats my 2 cents
Old 02-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kingpops
Well said Nick....540 needs to be easier for newbs to get a grip on and have a realistic chance at. Higher weight restictions(1600g +) to allow for people who cannot afford a new "pro" level car and handout motors(prevent the voodoo arts being performed to make the motors fast) at bigger events is the way to go I reckon. $1000's of gear to run in this class is sheer madness, especially when you can go stock/mod and go real fast(in a straight line anyway ) for about the same money. Keep the car off the pipes and you should not break too much stuff. That said 540 has caused the most damage to my Xray thus far

You coming to Canberra for the indoor titles this year to run around in the B's or C's with me again?

Matt
Yep I'll be back and Yep I'll probably run around in the b or c finals but an A is what i'll be gunning for I'll try anyway

C U Then Pop's
Old 02-12-2007, 03:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

540 costs more than Stock here, no hand out motors, we all use Sports Tunes and it's gotten to such a high level of competition that you do need a new motor each week ($30 a go) to be competitive. A one week old motor is murdered on the straight
Old 02-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

In a Word...COSTS...
Old 02-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
540 costs more than Stock here, no hand out motors, we all use Sports Tunes and it's gotten to such a high level of competition that you do need a new motor each week ($30 a go) to be competitive. A one week old motor is murdered on the straight
Who's bright idea was it to run sports tuned motors in 540? they are much faster than a silver can but have different brushes, and also get much hotter. After a ST has got hot a couple of times it is toast.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guy's in Qld we run the "Grey Can" The Johnson 683 i think it is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.