Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winter Champs

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

bahh!! take your negativity elsewere! this isn't a mainstream sport so you can't expect mainstream style promos to work. mainstream marketing promos shouldn't be used anyway. it's a niche market.
And I thought the whole idea of organising a promo like this is for some ones capital gain, not the pleasure of 50 or so hobbyist.
Think of the thousands of $'s it will cost to have the man here with his onterage, and what will the hobby gain from it all ?

If people are going to organise promo's, you would think that it is to bring the hobby more into the publics eye, not to be kept hiden so it can die out.

PS i am not being negative, I to do want to see great champions like Surikarn, I just haven't seen any real facts that justify the expense of the exercise
Old 06-22-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for telling me what time it opens, but my question was what time untill?

Old 06-22-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Woooops! not sure till when track is open?
Old 06-22-2003, 09:05 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ixlr8nz
TJ - Im not from Aussie, so wouldn't really care whether SC comes or not, I know that from talking to him personally he said he might be racing.

So this would have nothing to do with atracting numbers.

cya
Mike
I talked to a friend of mine today and he said that he was coming. This friend would now if he was or wasn't but fastolfart is right you would have thought there would have been more publisity than there has been. BUT who cares I'll be looking forward to racing against him in mini all I have to do is to get my old MO1 up to speed. I think I'll to a few friends that race every week get get some speed secerts. I wonder if I can stretch it into a MO3L body
Old 06-22-2003, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

I wonder if I can stretch it into a MO3L body
Will the M03L be legal, the rules state quite clearly in black and white PDF that the body has to be "Morris Mini Cooper"
the M03L is not a Morris,
it is a Mini Cooper by BMW
Old 06-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

So is mod and stock racing going to be on sunday? at what time intervals will the races be?...i may only have 2 batt pax.
i would think that the track closes on friday when its too dark to see your car.
If Surikarn does come then won't he whoop everyone's ass by miles?? world level...come on!
Old 06-23-2003, 12:05 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

There allowed them at the summer nats and I thought the rules would be the same.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Rounds will be around one hour to complete.

Just a note to Mod drivers to be ready on sunday morning with a charged pack, because you will be the first off the bat in the rounds, then the stock heats will be run. This will be better for you guys when finals time comes around and you don't have to run back to back heats.

Mod A
Mod B
Stock A
Stock B
stock C
stock D
stock E
stock F

Three rounds then finals should start around 1 to 1:30 PM.

Mod A 1st final
Stock A 1st final
Stock F
Stock E
Stock D
Mod A 2nd final
Stock B 2nd final
Mod B
Stock C
stock B
Mod A 3rd final
Stock A 3rd Final

We are aiming for racing to be complete by 3:30. then the presentation.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Practice on friday will be in 1/2 hour slots between Nitro and electric as per summer Nats. A clock will set up on the drivers stand to start and finish each bracket.

Last edited by Eagle Eye; 06-23-2003 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:46 AM
Tech Initiate

No electric touring cars will be permitted to practice on Saturday. This will include after the nitro racing. This will be time for 1/12 cars and Mini's to practice.

Also the track will be closed on Sunday in the lunch break before finals. No cars allowed on the track at all unless advised by race control in extreme cases.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Entries are now closed. Don't even think of turning up on the day or on the friday to enter. Hopefully we can post a list of Drivers in the next couple of days on this forum.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Eagle Eye
Entries are now closed. Don't even think of turning up on the day or on the friday to enter. Hopefully we can post a list of Drivers in the next couple of days on this forum.
could you please confirm my entry? i sent it in via snail mail last wednesday or thursday. From Victoria of all places!!!!

email me if possible: [email protected]

thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by 414m2
If Surikarn does come then won't he whoop everyone's ass by miles?? world level...come on!
i expect to see Surikarn 1 - 2 laps quicker too start with, expect to see some guys catch up during the meeting, espec guys like DC, Ari and Cookie.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:04 AM
Tech Addict

Do you think that surikarn will hit at least 1 dome in the whole day?
Will there be practice on sunday morning?

Damn...i'm a newbie compared to everyone that's racing..
i don't have a clue how to set up my car for these conditions...
and gearing...hopeless...
ill just stick to the hill for the rest of my life
Old 06-23-2003, 02:30 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally posted by 414m2
Do you think that surikarn will hit at least 1 dome in the whole day?
Will there be practice on sunday morning?

Damn...i'm a newbie compared to everyone that's racing..
i don't have a clue how to set up my car for these conditions...
and gearing...hopeless...
ill just stick to the hill for the rest of my life
Don't worry about we all had to do it. The only way to improve yourself is to try other tracks. Hay my first major meeting was a off-road national titles I only had been racing for 6 months how do you think I felt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.