Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whyalla Offroad Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AusAnt
Just keepin the tread alive. Theres a good chance of a couple of inter-club meets with Southern districts this year, one here one there. Looking forwards to it. It should help strengthen the titles as well because weve got some very competative racers that will get into it once they have seen and raced at MV. A bit of traveling but it will be worth it. Let us know what you think.

Anthony
Sounds great! Might have to bring my 4wd elec up... puts my Revo to shame
Old 01-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Went and had a look at the track and it's a mess so there's not a lot of point in having a look. The ropes have been moved and nothings been maintained since last meet. The track is going to be flattened on the weekend and a new track built. We are not going to build up any berms because we would find it hard to maintain and get enough moisture into them. We are going to extend the track a little but not as much as we'd hoped. We are going to go bigger on the jumps so thats a plus. It should be a good track, but unfortunately i don't dont think it's to standard yet to run a state titles on in, despite our surface being smooth as.

By next week there should be a program on this website: http://www.mainlinemodels.net/cascade.htm
Old 01-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Track Upgrade

The track has now been graded and fresh soil has been dumped ready for building. Some members are planning to start the new track this week end so we should have some pic's of the new track in the next week or so.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hay bro i wanta help

hay mainline whats the times for the track beenin layed let us know hay cheers bro
Old 01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds good Mike. Ill be back for the weekend, so ill pitch in if i can get some spare time. Good that some whyalla boys are coming on board, it's the easiest way to find out info and talk crap about RC.

Ant
Old 01-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Rookie

I have heard there was a good half dozen or so people out working on the track on sunday, I will be going out there this afternoon to see what has been done to the track and then I'll post were we are up to with getting the place race worthy.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:00 AM
Tech Rookie

As promised here is the web site with a few pictures of the new track. Please note it is still a work in progress and there are still things that will change.

www.mainlinemodels.net/cascade.htm

Pictures are located at the bottom of the page
Old 01-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Wow...new bug mike? Havn't seen a sirrio in action either, keen to see it up and running.

Anthony
Old 01-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah hopefully it runs nicely, at the moment its all in transite. The buggy should be here tomorrow if model flight gets it out on time, the sirio should be here monday and the werks racing gear should be here next week I hope
Old 01-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Transponder System

Just come to my attention that we run a differnt transponder system to Souhtern Districts who run the AMB system. We run the Ko Pro Po ARC system that relies on crystals in the transponder for the lap counting. So personal transponders won't work. If you want to race at Whyalla you will have to borrow one from us. I need to see how many spares we have but we'd make do no matter what.

Anthony
Old 01-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Ant, we have 60 transponders at last count about 40 had been taken up by current drivers. So we should still have about 20 free but we can always find more even if we have some people using 1 transponder for all there cars.

BTW the 8ight arrived friday (know any one thats great with jigsaw puzzles )
Old 01-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys, i have just heard back from Clive Featherby.

President of Aust. Monster Truck Racing Assoc + owner of about 6 of Australias greatest trucks and also jet van, truckzilla and others.

he has just imported another 2 "themed" trucks for Au - "batman" and "predator".

Clive has requested Whyalla club to do a demonstration at his Monster Truck show and quite possibly will give out prizes/trophies to the drivers who attend. I know for sure this is what we are doing here in Adelaide.

can someone from the club please get back to me ASAP, clive is very eager to get ANY RC clubs around australia involved with his shows.

all drivers get 1/2 price entry to the show, and anyone else can get back stage with the club for full price (eg pit crews, family etc)

who knows, you and your kids could be grinning away for months like we were!

Old 01-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

march 10 + 11 we (SDMCC of Adelaide) will have an Inter-club meet in whyalla with the cascade model car racing club. (CMCRC)

march 10th is a Monster Truck show in whyalla and march 11th is the race meeting.

it will most likely be a format using top 5 qualifiers from each club going into the A main. (5 Vs 5 "A mains")
Old 01-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds Good.. looking forward to it.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Monster Truck demonstration news: (this info is the same for whyalla and adelaide)

Racer/Driver 1/2 price tickets are $15, quite possibly free (hes working on it but assurances on that)

prefer one pit crew per driver, if you need more contact me personally and ill see what i can arrange.

We will be doing freestyle, side by side drags + more. (similar to what the real MT's do)

The Clubs (both sdmcc + cascafe) will get promoted to approx 10-15 thousand people during these shows, and they will be plugged more in this one day than anything you could imagine.

There will be a raffle with RC's, portable dvd/mp3 players and more! (all paid for, and we get an undisclosed % of takings but i can tell you its darn good!)

we will appear during the day AND at intermission.

-------------------------------
Regular ticket prices below
Kids $15 rrp
Adults $30 rrp
Family of 5 ppl, $90. (works out to approx 18 per head)
---------------------------

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.