Community
Wiki Posts
Search

And the supplementary number is....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For EddieO (Team Br00d) on the 4 Cell Roar thread (http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...62#post2817862)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Well, while I don't race mod.....I surely pay the for the batteries that guys like Mike Dumas and Billy Easton use...

Billy ran at the Japanese Nationals.....he did a ton of test prior to going. All of his testing was exactly as masami's was....which showed, a new battery for every run to even come close to making run time...

This from a professional who KNOWS how to charge, discharge, and maintain his packs....

Mike Dumas used the same battery three times during the vegas race in his 2nd and 4th qualifiers.....and in the main.....

SMC has just come on here telling you they send out two packs per race per class...

Batteries sent to Billy for Japanese Nats....one class....8 packs....one for each run.

Yup....Billy and I are lying....

Later EddieO
Its pretty scary that they were using a new pack for every race at the Japanese Nats. I know for club racing it wouldn't be anything like this, but still it makes you think.

EDIT: That was with brushed motors, not BL.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TomB
solely as a consumer. i'd choose what the Asian Market is planning on doing. Alot of the Electric tourers come from Japan, and we are closer geographically to Asia as well.

Europe is a big market also, but if the USA/canada/Latin america body as well as the Japanese ruling body go 4 cell, you are left with a pritty big size of the RC market in 4 cell territory. (as well as UK)

has the UK finally adopted the euro or do they still consider themselves non european?

the problem if euro go 5, and the rest 4, then car designs may be totally different in these two sectors, leaving the xray/ corraly fans in oz racing a specifically designed 5 cell car in a 4 cell world
Std cars will still be 6 cell?? they need to support stock / 19 etc "the biggest classes". Im sure we will see optional 4/5 cell bottom decks.

Geography has nothing to do with our racing.. we all race Corally and Xray euro trash...
Old 11-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Birky
For EddieO (Team Br00d) on the 4 Cell Roar thread (http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...62#post2817862)

Its pretty scary that they were using a new pack for every race at the Japanese Nats. I know for club racing it wouldn't be anything like this, but still it makes you think.
New speedo every run at the Worlds
Old 11-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by black-knight
New speedo every run at the Worlds
Aside from a few shutdowns, there was no smoking esc's at the Nats. Is there even a problem?
Old 11-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Seems the sintered rotors have made a big difference, more power lower temps, and less explosions.

However big open track high corner speeds and no grip to bog the car down.
A change is required, not only ofr electronics but also to help keep mod alive at the club tracks by reducing overall speeds, Especially in Sydney lately there has been very minimal mod entrants.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Atomix
Aside from a few shutdowns, there was no smoking esc's at the Nats. Is there even a problem?
The problem is you stock racers cant handle a fast 6 cell mod car.. so the gods have had to consider less cells to make them easier for ya to drive... lol
Old 11-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if we move to across the board 4 cell (stock, 19t and mod) many drivers will move up to 19t-mod very quickly,

mod will become the premier class and there will be more competition,
Old 11-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

I witnessed two smoking speedos, but also quite a few replacements floating around during the weekend (for which I didn't witness the speedos expire).
Old 11-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

The problem is you stock racers cant handle a fast 6 cell mod car.. so the gods have had to consider less cells to make them easier for ya to drive... lol
Its you old guys trying to compensate for failing reflexes that is the problem. Look at the podium at the Nats - all young'uns.
BK = OLD
OLD = SLOW
BK = OLD + SLOW.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Its you old guys trying to compensate for failing reflexes that is the problem. Look at the podium at the Nats - all young'uns.
BK = OLD
OLD = SLOW
BK = OLD + SLOW.
U will need to back that up with a victory over me on my turf!
Old 11-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Despite concerns over the way in which the decision was reached and enacted, I think perhaps the current rules in Australia (AARCMCC) are the best interim measure. Allowing 4/5/6 cells with appropriate weight breaks isn't a bad place to be while we see what comes out of Europe's 5-cell and Japan's 4-cell experiment. On a medium sized track, 5-cell will compete with 6-cell, and on smaller tracks, 4-cell will be close to the money as well. It's not a bad place to sit for 6-12 months while it all shakes out overseas.

While the JMRCA nats isn't truly representative (with no brushless motors allowed), the significant battery/run time/life expectancy issues that arose for 4-cells on what wasn't a particularly big track have to sound warning bells for us.

With the majority of our tracks being outdoor, and at least medium sized in nature, we're better off watching Europe and parts of Asia than the US - where lots of the biggest races are on small indoor tracks, and where club-level modified is by all accounts limited.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Tech Adept

UK - Mod 4 cell
EFRA - Mod 5 cell
ROAR - Mod 4 cell
JAP - Mod 4 cell - 8mins!

What for Australia? Would be nice to start the 2007 with some fresh battery rules. Aus normally follows ROAR, so will we adopt 4 cell? The Jap spec cars looked pretty fast on the bottom end with less weight.
If we go to 4 Cells for the TC classes, due to the fact that speed controls blow up/thermal. That should make it nice and boring.

So to counter this likely phenomena, how about in 1/12th scale we go back to 6 cells, as with the limited grip available and smaller load placed on the speedos/motors you can't blow one up with 4 cells. Lets make them really radical again.

Stupid argument anyway, Just make the speedos bigger and better, and that should fix the problem I reckon.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I say bring on the 4 or 5 cell mod, my FK04 will be the way of the future
Old 11-25-2006, 04:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

personally i think following japan is the way.... one of the major reasons being we're in the FEMCA bloc with them for all IFMAR regs etc.

oh... and the yanks tend to always screw things up... and 5 cell 1350gm? what the hell EFRA.... the jap rules just make more sense!