Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

sleek, ur idea was tossed around, but after looking at the way the track is set up, the major problem is the area of the drivers stand, theres nowhere behind that to rig a big tent down, cos u have the foot path, then epping road, also there are trees in the way behind there, also u'd probly need 2 tents cos one for the track, one for the racers to pit under, although most racers have their own shade things, its a bit hard to expect interstaters to be able to bring them.

This sort of thing happens in CART racing, and people dont think it unprofessional or whatever, the teams turn up for an oval event, they get rain (or snow one time i saw), they postpone the event and run it later in the calendar, the teams dont jump up and down, they go to the enxt event and have to schedule in to run the rerun, whether or not it now clashes with a nascar event or whatever.

OZracer, im presuming then that u were at the delegates meeting that decided the date to re-run the event, and if so, was the queensland state titles mentioned/brought up? as someone said though, its in townsville, u decide, depending on how far u are from sydney, which is more beneficial, though i agree, its not ideal circumstances, and if i was faced with a similar decision, then it would be hard, what i want to know is, was there mot a QLD delegate present at the meeting?
Old 04-24-2003, 03:53 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Was there an AGM on the weekend of the National?
Old 04-24-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

what i want to know is, was there mot a QLD delegate present at the meeting?
No I wasn't at the meeting.

It would have meant spending another night’s accommodation ($110.00), and leave in the morning. As there wasn't going to be any racing, and I had an 11 hour drive in front of us to get home, I chose to make tracks north.

On Saturday, we arrived at the track at approx. 9:00am and were informed by (presumable) Ryde club members that the event was postponed till the Queens birthday Weekend. I ran Jenny to confirm that the meeting was postponed, and the delegates meeting was still going ahead that night. During this call, I past on an apologise for not attending the meeting, and expressed my feelings for the proposed re-scheduling date onto Jenny (Ryde Club). I've had no further correspondence from the delegates meeting, and don't officially know if the rumours of re-scheduling to the QB weekend are true.

I'd just like to add that if it is true, and we want the National Event to be truly "National" then we have to start by respecting everyone’s State run Title Events.

Last edited by 2-Bad; 04-24-2003 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

ok, i have just recieved an email from jenny that should hopefully ease a few minds, it states that the most likely date for the re-run will be 21-22 of june, so it wont clash with the QB long weekend, nor the winternats, see the email below:

Hello everyone,
The Sydney RC Car Club has selected a date to re host the Australian off road National Championships. Hopefully it will give you all sufficient time to replan yourselves so you can attend.

The Weekend of 21/22 June has been selected, at this time it does not appear to clash with any other form of rc racing, I am still waiting confirmation of date by the National Director, but feel confident enough to give you all warning of the dates. Your entry fees have been banked and should you not be able to attend this date, you will be required to send a letter or email advising same and part of your entry will be refunded, but only when we have receive official notification for our auditors purposes, verbal will not be accepted.

Please pass this information on to other drivers you may know, and advise that entries are again open, and will close on 8 June, which will hopefully give our Club time to re cater the event.

We anticipate the race program will be using entries received as of 18 April, 17 Races into 2 days.
The rerun will be programmed as:

We would endeavour to give 4 rounds and 3 finals to everyone, by using lights on the Saturday if necessary.
Also to those of you have double or triple entered, every endeavour would be made to make your day as comfortable as possible, by spacing out your races where possible.

Saturday: Rounds of Heats and all Finals for 4wd classes - 2 x Stock, 2 x Senior, 2 x Modified and 3 x Trucks

Sunday: Rounds of Heats and all Finals for 2wd classes - 1 x 540, 3 x Stock, 2 x Seniors, 2 x Modified.

There will be race meetings at Ryde leading up to this rerun, they will not be official practice days, but the track will be run for those wishing to have some practice under race conditions.

Look forward to seeing you all,
Regards
Jennie Thorn
Event Secretary.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

any1 care?
Old 04-28-2003, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by NOFX
ok, i have just recieved an email from jenny that should hopefully ease a few minds, it states that the most likely date for the re-run will be 21-22 of june, so it wont clash with the QB long weekend, nor the winternats, see the email below:

Hello everyone,
The Sydney RC Car Club has selected a date to re host the Australian off road National Championships. Hopefully it will give you all sufficient time to replan yourselves so you can attend.

The Weekend of 21/22 June has been selected, at this time it does not appear to clash with any other form of rc racing, I am still waiting confirmation of date by the National Director, but feel confident enough to give you all warning of the dates. Your entry fees have been banked and should you not be able to attend this date, you will be required to send a letter or email advising same and part of your entry will be refunded, but only when we have receive official notification for our auditors purposes, verbal will not be accepted.

Please pass this information on to other drivers you may know, and advise that entries are again open, and will close on 8 June, which will hopefully give our Club time to re cater the event.

We anticipate the race program will be using entries received as of 18 April, 17 Races into 2 days.
The rerun will be programmed as:

We would endeavour to give 4 rounds and 3 finals to everyone, by using lights on the Saturday if necessary.
Also to those of you have double or triple entered, every endeavour would be made to make your day as comfortable as possible, by spacing out your races where possible.

Saturday: Rounds of Heats and all Finals for 4wd classes - 2 x Stock, 2 x Senior, 2 x Modified and 3 x Trucks

Sunday: Rounds of Heats and all Finals for 2wd classes - 1 x 540, 3 x Stock, 2 x Seniors, 2 x Modified.

There will be race meetings at Ryde leading up to this rerun, they will not be official practice days, but the track will be run for those wishing to have some practice under race conditions.

Look forward to seeing you all,
Regards
Jennie Thorn
Event Secretary.
Is the host club going notify all entrants of this date and schedule?
Old 04-28-2003, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default refund

how does someone organise a refund ?
Old 04-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

how does someone organise a refund ?
. Your entry fees have been banked and should you not be able to attend this date, you will be required to send a letter or email advising same and part of your entry will be refunded, but only when we have receive official notification for our auditors purposes, verbal will not be accepted.
You will have to forward your letters / e-mails to
Jennie Thorn
c/- Sydney Off Road Club
(look in Racing Lines for the address)
or "[email protected]"
Old 04-30-2003, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

any1 care?
I care NOFX, but I have work commitments in the month of June. Bugger, bloody, wee, spit, fart, vomit!

Refund please....
Old 05-06-2003, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

sleek, ur idea was tossed around, but after looking at the way the track is set up, the major problem is the area of the drivers stand, theres nowhere behind that to rig a big tent down, cos u have the foot path, then epping road, also there are trees in the way behind there, also u'd probly need 2 tents cos one for the track, one for the racers to pit under, although most racers have their own shade things, its a bit hard to expect interstaters to be able to bring them.

This sort of thing happens in CART racing, and people dont think it unprofessional or whatever, the teams turn up for an oval event, they get rain (or snow one time i saw), they postpone the event and run it later in the calendar, the teams dont jump up and down, they go to the enxt event and have to schedule in to run the rerun, whether or not it now clashes with a nascar event or whatever.

OZracer, im presuming then that u were at the delegates meeting that decided the date to re-run the event, and if so, was the queensland state titles mentioned/brought up? as someone said though, its in townsville, u decide, depending on how far u are from sydney, which is more beneficial, though i agree, its not ideal circumstances, and if i was faced with a similar decision, then it would be hard, what i want to know is, was there mot a QLD delegate present at the meeting?
well o.k., but has anyone heard of a grain tarpaulin ? one of them would cover the track folded in quarters. So at least then when the weather clears up for a few hours, you could haul off the covers and have a dry track to drive on. Maybe put a large marquee behind the toilets for the pits. No-one is jumping up and down, just trying to suggest contingincy plans. Yes professional teams just trundle on to the next event, but they get paid to race on a routine basis. If they paid their own way to race at a once off event, then got washed out, and it was preventable (Ok It's not preventable with full scale racing) believe me, Blood would be spilt.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

man, thats a good idea, just like when they bring the covers on over the pitch at cricket, so its playable much quicker after the shower, for instance, if they had put a cover on it on thursday cos practise was washed out, they would have at least stopped the track from becoming waterlogged which would have allowed a much quicker return to racing had the rain stayed away
Old 05-07-2003, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

mmm, I'm just wondering whether you would be able to find something like that over there or not. Here I would have no problems as the second largest grain port in Australia is about 500m from the main street, but I would guess that Sydney Harbour doesn't do much grain export. Perhaps someone could look into it.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:25 AM
Tech Initiate

If your ganna go to that much trouble why not put some really strong poles up and have the tarp like one of those sails, then race all the time.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

And then we are back to issue one with the marquee, with the added bonus problem of the wind possibly blowing the whole thing over....
Old 05-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

only prob is water runs from the ground straight on to the track if it rains again we can always go to cmc and hold it there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.