Search

Offroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 06:54 AM
luc
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking ryde nationals

just wanted to say thanks to all the competitors over the 2 event days at the nationals. A special thanks to the TSW boys namely (Mat dahl & Smokin Joe) cause without them there is no way i could have accomplished what i did.Also thanks to Ari Bakla who was of invaluble help throughout the he was happy to take the time to help me even tough he had alot on his plate.
BK where was the B4 i thought it would be there with or without you.

Did anyone work out who the scrutineer over the weekend was??????????????????????
Congratulations to Mat Dahl (2nd in 2wd stock) & Guru 3rd in 2wd stock.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by black-knight
hmmm, should we start a "seniors" on road touring car class?
The quickest way to becoming old and irrelevant and to admitting you are past it.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: ryde nationals

Originally posted by luc
just wanted to say thanks to all the competitors over the 2 event days at the nationals. A special thanks to the TSW boys namely (Mat dahl & Smokin Joe) cause without them there is no way i could have accomplished what i did.Also thanks to Ari Bakla who was of invaluble help throughout the he was happy to take the time to help me even tough he had alot on his plate.
BK where was the B4 i thought it would be there with or without you.

Did anyone work out who the scrutineer over the weekend was??????????????????????
Congratulations to Mat Dahl (2nd in 2wd stock) & Guru 3rd in 2wd stock.
My B4 was at home safe and sound, no onw stopped by to pick it up and I was in Melbourne.

BTW: well done luc, you did well... oh worthy one!
Old 06-23-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

yes, agreed, luc did a fantastic job, he showed up a lot of the regular mod crowd, and impressed a lot of people with some great driving,

Regarding seniors, like cliff says, they're just happy to be back for another year!
Old 06-24-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

A big thanks to Painy for putting a roof over my head for the weekend, and to NOFX for organising it, and congrats on the "Team Barra" one-two in 4wd Stock.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

hey dudes, i just wanted to congratulate all the racers in the 4wd A final, i was thinking about all the starts in the finals, and there werent any major pile ups into the first corner, everyone played it smart and then got on with the racing, which made a major change from qualifying where lack of regrades had a major effect on the quality in the heats, making it difficult to put a good time down.

After that, i also found it interesting thinking about the variety in that class, the mix of 4wds was pretty diverse.

In the A there were

4 -XXX-4s
2 - Cat 3000's
3 -XX-4s
1 -Tamiya ???

Just outside the 10, there was another Cat 3000, an associated ??? and another XX4

Richie, good work on the 2wds man, we may have to make u a team barra member also, then we have the double

People, i recommend helping out interstaters when u can, put them up for the few days they're here, save them some money and help form new friendships etc and the goodwill will be returned to u later on and it will be better for the sport if there is less animosity between racers too.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

now this crusty nationals is over, maybe we can finally look to next year and forget the debacle that was ryde holding a major event.

Next year the nationals will be run to the rules, and if you have any problems or qualifying queries, they will be answered and dealt with.

Power will be available in practice (no, your not serious!!!), the track will be groomed (has the world gone crazy?!?!?!) and the scrutineers will know what an R/C car looks like (its too good to be true!)

Plus the track will not resemble a goat track.

The nationals will be at either Keilor or Wodonga, will be announced within the next 6 weeks. If anyone has any questions, shoot.....

Interstate entries, you will be looked after
Old 07-06-2003, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally posted by cantona
The nationals will be at either Keilor or Wodonga, will be announced within the next 6 weeks. If anyone has any questions, shoot.....

Interstate entries, you will be looked after
Matt, where's "Keilor"? And what is the date for it, Australia Day or Easter?
Old 07-06-2003, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Matty, thats gold, looking forward to it, yeah , where is keilor, we need to look at booking a hotel for the vic states in november
Old 07-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

sounds to good to be true...ohh thats right, it is not at ryde
Old 07-08-2003, 06:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone have the email address of the ryde club to inform them that i want a refund from the rained out nats.

has anyone had any luck getting refunds?
Old 07-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

[email protected]

Thats Jenni Thorns email, cya
Old 07-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default refund

I had to threaten to sue to get my refund.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by spouse
Does anyone have the email address of the ryde club to inform them that i want a refund from the rained out nats.

has anyone had any luck getting refunds?
I actually got the cheque within 10 days of asking but I haven't had a chance to cash it so I hope it doesn't bounce...
Old 07-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Does anyone have the email address of the ryde club to inform them that i want a refund from the rained out nats
I don't like your chances of getting a refund now, concidering the race meeting has been rerun.
But you can only ask, otherwise you won't know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.