Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

deans. or corally, i have addapters. i may get all enthosiastic by then and change the batteries, just have to wait and see.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

cool man, well i hope u do get enthusiastic about it, i'm getting excited, looking forward to it, anyway man, if u need i can lend u 2 or 3 packs, i use corally pins
Old 06-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thanks bud
Old 06-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Rules

guru I have to ask: Do you intend to pay $30 for your protest as per the ORRCA Aust. rules or will you fork out $100 for your protest as per the Nationals entry form?

Also I noted the other night that the ORRCA rules require that the track be open for practice for a couple of days "immediately prior to the event". So there must be at least some practice on Friday.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Radio Active is back...
Its been a while since we have seen this face..
Mabey we can turn these threads in tech Talk Style threads and get Australian Racing baned from the forumn..

Good to hear from you dan.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Hey, it wasn't my fault that the Australian threads kept getting deleted on TT. As far as I know my profile still works!

I'm sure the racing will be good at the Nats (I'm looking forward to it), I just hope the organisation is as good as the racing. It will be if the officials give the racers the respect they deserve and vice-versa.

I was wondering Painy: are you racing 2wd as well or just the XXX4?
Old 06-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

hahaha.. naa group effort.
That DrDo guy liked to stir the pot alot..

Iam specializing in 4wd only now...keeps my touring car skills in tact,,
Old 06-18-2003, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Post attention radio active

I'M not the only one that intends protesting SATURDAY {morning}
could be 6-8 drivers involved & i have all the up to date rule books and am very aware of what is both [required & involved] !!

IT is a NATIONALS GENTS & therefore should be treated as such!

OH by the way EVERYONE........CMC will be running a race meet if the forecast is correct & it rains on SUNDAY {something to keep in mind} !!!!!!

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS VERY MUCH. {i must say}

Good luck to all that are there to race hard!!!
Old 06-18-2003, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

hey, radio, welcome back to the world of the net, ur intelligable comments have been missed.

Dammit guru, im going to the nats to race soft core, so i guess im gonna have no luck

word dudes, cya at the nats, rippin it up in 92
Old 06-18-2003, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by guru
I'M not the only one that intends protesting SATURDAY {morning}
could be 6-8 drivers involved & i have all the up to date rule books and am very aware of what is both [required & involved] !!

IT is a NATIONALS GENTS & therefore should be treated as such!

OH by the way EVERYONE........CMC will be running a race meet if the forecast is correct & it rains on SUNDAY {something to keep in mind} !!!!!!

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS VERY MUCH. {i must say}

Good luck to all that are there to race hard!!!
And its a RERUN guru. When was the last time that happened??? As such it is very difficult to run the event as originally intended. It would appear the rerun has been structured in a way to enable as many interstate drivers as possible to attend.

Anyway a decision was made several weeks ago and at this late stage I think it is time to accept it, put up and shut up and enjoying the racing on the weekend. Rather than go out and spoil everybody else's day.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

guru, i have to agree with vr01, lets just get on with the racing man, lets forget all the bullshit for the weekend, at least we have an event to run at, if there are protests etc, it'll just make the day a lot longer and a lot more unpleasant for the people involved, and it'll take away from the tone of the event, no one likes fighting etc, like after the state titles, everyone felt uncomfortable and thats got to be less healthy for the sport, than changing the order of a few classes and having no practise in aid of keeping the track in good condition, ur call though man, i understand where ur coming from, but i just want to get on with racing
Old 06-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Everybody just wants to race that's why its frustrating when the rules that have been developed over a long period of time to faciltate good and fair racing are ignored.

For my part I intend to just go and race and have fun. I'm going to TRY and ignore the other stuff but if I feel that an unjust situation occurs as the result of ignorance of the rules then I will consider it my responsibility to question the situation and I'm sure guru feels the same way.

I'm actually willing to let the program discrepincies slide because I don't consider that to be such a big deal, but that may simply be because I'm not racing Trucks (only 2wd and 4wd) and I can certainly understand where you're coming from guru and I wish you good luck in your protest - it really doesn't bother me which car I race first. The axeing of practice though I consider to be much worse - IF this is true - I haven't had that confirmed to me yet. Practice is necessary to provide a level playing field between the locals and everybody else, especially the interstaters. Most people don't mind if the track breaks up a little (that's offroad racing) as long as they know what to expect. Every form of motor racing done on a circuit in the world allows some practice for competitors before a big event.

I heard a rumour (and I stress that this is only a rumour as far as I know) that the reason that the protest fee was increased was to prevent frivilous protests slowing down the meeting. Yet I've been to the last four Offroad Nationals and I can't recall more than 3 written protests in total. It seems to me then that if you anticipate alot of 'frivilous' protests then you're doing something wrong in the way you run the meeting. More than that you're getting the racers off-side before the meeting has even started.

I really didn't want to carry on like that but there you go. Maybe NOFX has the right idea maybe we should all be racing soft core.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Radio Active
[BI heard a rumour (and I stress that this is only a rumour as far as I know) that the reason that the protest fee was increased was to prevent frivilous protests slowing down the meeting. Yet I've been to the last four Offroad Nationals and I can't recall more than 3 written protests in total. It seems to me then that if you anticipate alot of 'frivilous' protests then you're doing something wrong in the way you run the meeting. More than that you're getting the racers off-side before the meeting has even started.

[/B]
Radio, to be honest, i could not have put that into words better if i had tried. And totally agree with everything stated in ur post, the only thing regarding practise is that there should be at least some opportunity for the drivers to practise, hopefully there will be some prior to racing on the day, but the locals wont have much of an advantage, no onw will be able to run on the surface as it will be for the nats, and anyone who attended the practise day/s would know the layout, this is not a defense of the way in which it has been handled, just something to ease the minds of those thinking they are getting a hugely major raw deal, whereas theyre just getting a ratehr major raw deal, and ur right, the rules have been developed so shit like this wouldnt happen, anyway, as i say, im going soft core, im going to sit in my chair and be happy and drive my car (not whilst sitting in the chair)
Old 06-19-2003, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

contrary to how i was informed things would be in the lead up to the nationals, it appears that practise was allowed today and will be tomorrow, go figure, anyway, thought i'd let u dudes know
Old 06-20-2003, 03:26 AM
TWISTED

Default Well who was fast

Who was looking fast in mod today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.