Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i must say this does suck i normally work on a saturday which is ok as all two day races have 2wd on sunday so i dont miss my favorite class so looks like i may have to settle for 4wd or nothing not that i disslike 4wd just means changing all my batt configurations again on second thoughts stuff it... dont think i could be bothered.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

yeah, but thats a personal drama as opposed to it affecting racing in general, however, guru does bring up a good point about people running truck, they normally run truck instead of running 4wd, that way they race both days if it was normally formatted and in thinking about it, whilst i go along with what has been decided, i must wonder at the motives, whats the point in putting 2wd and truck together, if it is only to create a buffer on sunday so u can run races that didnt get run on the saturday, that makes no sense for two reasons, firstly, ur not backing urself to be able to run things smoothly on the saturday and figure if things go wrong, races can spill into the second day, which is not good, or, if the plan is based on the fact that u may not get through all saturdays racing, because there has been too many races alloted to that day, then whats the point organising it that way, surely alycat could be setup with a dummy run and has time intervals between races set etc and this would allow them to get an estimate of the time taken anyway. After all this shakes out, in theory it could mean that come sunday morning, people may still have 2wd and truck A finals to run, then their 4wd races as well, at a nationals, the idea is that u dont have to run 2 classes on the same day and generally the racers seem to either run truck or 4wd on the other day, i dont envy anyone that has to run 14 races in one day and manage all the packs etc, at a roorda round u have to get away with it, but we're only talking 8 races all up.

Of course, it could be that so many people have pulled out, that there wont be a problem getting through the races, but again, battery management will be the drama, u'd need 2 chargers going flat out basically to keep up

Anyway in summing, i agree with guru, just going about it in different ways
Old 06-04-2003, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

I still have an e-mail from Jennie from just before the original nationals date which gives a breakdown of the entries by day not class except for truck:

Friday (2wd 540, 4wd stock, 4wd seniors and 4wd mod) 43 entries

Saturday (2wd stock, 2wd seniors and 2wd mod) 53 entries

Sunday (Trucks and 4wd 540) 22 truck entries only.

Considering that some people have now pulled out mainly interstate drivers, some may now have entered due to previous clashes. The number and breakdown of entries would be similar and perhaps slightly lower.

I think the above numbers justify as to what classes have been put on Saturday and Sunday for the rerun.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have sent my (3/6) email off to Jenni indictaing I won't be attending the nationals and requesting a refund. So far I have not had a response.

If this how things are run ?
Old 06-04-2003, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

vr01, i dont understand the imbalance though

There was about 7 2wd 540's from what i saw, which leaves 36 4wds on sunday

Add the 7 to the 53 and the 22 and u end up with 82. 82 on saturday. 36 on sunday, that seems a bit out

run it the standard way and u end up with 60 2wds and and 58 4wds and trucks
Old 06-05-2003, 07:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by dragon26
I have sent my (3/6) email off to Jenni indictaing I won't be attending the nationals and requesting a refund. So far I have not had a response.

If this how things are run ?
Yeah good luck dude. I have to do the same thing to
Old 06-09-2003, 01:09 AM
Tech Adept

ARE THE RULES ,REALLY THE RULES???

Just letting u all know that i've been through the rules for the nat's & they're the rules that Jenny wrote!, it SAY'S;

2wd & 4WD cannot be run on the same days & that TRUCK is to be run on the same day as 4WD unless it has it's own allocated day.

FIRST THING, sat mornning i will be lodging on offical protest saying that she can't change the rules & who is she to even try to!

AND if she can break the rules so can everybody else & where will that START & STOP!!!!

I will also be on to her about a few things "rules in general"
Old 06-09-2003, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Default refund

I have sent jenny several emails regarding the refund of my entry and haven't heard anything back.

What is the club's official address so I can get my money back.

if this is how things are handled in nsw I'm glad i won;t be there for the nats.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I sent her an email, and she said she would send my refund out within the week. It has been 3 weeks now, and ive got nothing.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:38 AM
Tech Addict

Default CAPS ?

apparently jen is deducting $11 for a nationals cap for those racers who are not attending so they can remember the event.

sorry new south welshmen if this is how interstate drivers are treated no wonder most won't ever go back.

some people have actually got a response to their emails.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

if thats true, thats a joke, i understand a $5.00 nomination fee or something, but no way should an interstater suffer, and i believe they should receive the full refund in any case, if they have already gone to the expense of coming here in the first place only to be turned away, im sorry interstate dudes, please note this is not how most of the nsw clubs would treat u, i promise, please come back some day, we're coming down to ur vic states for a bit of fun in november, catchya then
Old 06-11-2003, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Go the BLUES!!!!, you good things!!!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

guru- very good point, i dont know where they think they can just chop and change things, its always been three days or 4wd and truck then 2wd. It makes it very hard for people focusing hard on truck and 2wd. Seeing they are breaking the rules i might as well throw in the 3300's, brushless motors, 4wd truck, gyro, traction control etc etc etc..... I will run my 4wd B4 in 2wd mod and win by a lap.

BTW those who have 3300's, I dont even reckon the scrutineers would know what these cells look like LOL!~!

actually after just having a look at the weather forcast, I should bring my boat as well. Seeing it is forcast to rain again, why cant we have some sort of garantee that unless noah is just about to take off in his ark, that we will be racing!,

if I was pissed off last time coming home, well mutiply that by about 15 million times, thats how pissed off I am gonna be....
Old 06-12-2003, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Default stay at home

i think it is easier to just stay at home, not that I was going to the re run anyway.

still no word from her holyness about the refund.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Its the nationals, you gotta run..... or try to....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.