Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah at St Ives it doesn't matter if its rained all week, it still doesn't get muddy, just sweep the puddles off and there you go...

but seriously running at Ryde after weather like this will be awful, there wont be puddles but sections of runny muddy clay that will cover everything, a change of venue would be a much better idea

according to the Australian Geographic map of Australia Sydney's highest average rainfall is in June with March a close second
Old 05-17-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ah my first post since the glory days on trinity techtalk back in the late 90's. I agree with cantona on this, race meetings such as nationals, states etc should be raced unless the conditions are absolutely terrible. In that I mean deep standing puddles, if properly waterproofed these cars can take a heap.

With correct drainage and work, standing puddles can easily be cleared. Everyone should invest in a shelter for $100 you can stay dry and shaded at race meeting, or even go halves in one with a racing buddy.

I can imagine how pissed I would have been if miriam vale or knox got rained out but remember the effort the maitland guys put in when we had that huge downpour on last day of practice and the first day of competition at the 99 nats. We still got to race and it was awesome
Old 05-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ehhe,, yeah Maitland had sooooo much traction. Send out the 540's to clean the track..
Old 05-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Molky
Ah my first post since the glory days on trinity techtalk back in the late 90's. I agree with cantona on this, race meetings such as nationals, states etc should be raced unless the conditions are absolutely terrible. In that I mean deep standing puddles, if properly waterproofed these cars can take a heap.

With correct drainage and work, standing puddles can easily be cleared. Everyone should invest in a shelter for $100 you can stay dry and shaded at race meeting, or even go halves in one with a racing buddy.

I can imagine how pissed I would have been if miriam vale or knox got rained out but remember the effort the maitland guys put in when we had that huge downpour on last day of practice and the first day of competition at the 99 nats. We still got to race and it was awesome
the prob is not waterproofing the cars or staying dry in the pits it is the simple fact that any rain at all and you cant walk on the track as it sticks to your shoes and leaves big holes all over the place and the car tires pick up so much clay it changes your roll out i know this as i helped lay the clay and raced on it most of last year.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

lets go race at......um....ahhhh..well...lets see....i know....yeah..that one
Old 05-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

for a change of venue St Ives would be great, the surface doesn't have especially good grip or anything but drains really well

Maybe it wont rain and everything will be fine?
Old 05-17-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by goodez
for a change of venue St Ives would be great, the surface doesn't have especially good grip or anything but drains really well

Maybe it wont rain and everything will be fine?
lets hope so bring back the drought
Old 05-17-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

st. ives havnt been a part of anything to do with anything for years, i hardly think they'd be able to run a national event there due to many reasons, mainly of course that they arent affiliated with anything.

Btw goodez, u still running the mx4, cos i have a mate with a really nice one, with the one piece top plate and other things, that he wants to clear out of his garage, cya man
Old 05-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

I don't have any electronics in the MX4 and I've broken a rear arm mount, I may run it at Maitland though. I'm not really after a whole car but does your mate have a spare rear bulkhead assembly I could purchase? Oh yeah I noticed you've got CAT 3000 in your sig, do you find it faster then your xx4?
Old 05-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

hey, i think my mate wanted to sell the whole car, i havnt really tried the cat out, i honestly just wanted something different, ive been wanting a cat for ages, and one came up really cheap so i picked it up, ive always felt in stock they'd be a good thing against the xx4 and i think it'll keep up with the xxx-4s, ive put losi shocks on it so i understand how to muck around with the suspension, and after having run it on a practise day at ryde for the nats, i was quite impressed with it, im really looking forward to putting it up against all the people at maitland, cya if ur there
Old 05-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

goodez,, you gota get going for maitland,, you wont be disapointed.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

blue hornet: I dont see those as major problems, whats better, a club having to repatch a track (which normally after a big meeting is required) or a lot of unhappy interstate racers going home out of pocket without even racing??

Changing rollout being a reason not to race? your not serious are you? yeh it does change but marginally, but the thing is that it is the same for everyone, its not like a disadvantage for one or two drivers, and if you see it as a major problem change your gearing. At the 99 nats the people who were smart enough to change gearing went well in the finals.

goodez: I have that the MX4 NOFX was talking about and im looking to shift it, im not using it so I want to get rid of it and prepared to sell at an excellent price if your interested, its got all the factory options like carbon fibre parts alloy cvd's etc etc, plus all the original parts quite a few wheels and tires etc if your keen let me know because I have to get rid of some stuff
Old 05-18-2003, 02:52 AM
Tech Initiate

how about if we just went there, raced with rydes shit, and didnt tell them. theyd be none the wiser except the track would prbably be a bit better
All of rydes stuff is on that funny looking caravn thing so you coul just drag that over there itd be right
Old 05-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

lets just hope it does not rain again...i dont want to see the interstaters go home without racing as much as the next racer
Old 05-23-2003, 06:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know if the new 3300 MaH capacity cells will be legal there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.