Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 01:15 AM
Tech Master

well can we at least decide that the race will run rain hail or shine?, after last time if we could have undercover pits(marquee), I would run in the rain. If we know in advance that we will be running no matter what, it makes it possible to plan for that out come.

what do people think?
Old 05-13-2003, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah sounds good.. we have ecept that if the event is called of again no interstae drivers will come back. SO LETS RUN NO MATTER WHAT WEATHER THEY,DO iT ON QUALIFYING or anything.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

only one problem... the track is clay. so and rain and it will be slippery as hell you can marshall if you want but i am not going to break my neck if it rains it rains so be it.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

well if you dont marshal you dont race, simple as that. i wil not accept "orhh sorry its raining, come back in another couple of months..." that wont work this time, its either now or not all at. SO what if the track is slippery, I am not travelling all that distance again, when the rain probability is higher to be told if its raining or track is little muddy that we wont be racing. FOR GOD SAKE, give us interstate racers half a chance that the race will be run regardless, IT CAN BE DONE! end of story...
Old 05-15-2003, 02:48 AM
Tech Initiate

yes i agree, many interstaters spent a lot of money and didnt even get to do any racing. Im sure if people were garunteed racing they would have to consider coming back.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

cantona, u know i have the highest respect for u as a racer and as a person, but honestly man, there is no real way they can control the weather, and though i cant speak accurately for the club, they couldnt/wouldnt hire a marquee or whatever, the expense is too great, i agree, its a great shame/inconvenience for interstaters but there are rules, and safety is an issue that clay surface would have had people flaling over and the damage to the track from people walking over it would have stuffed the surface bigtime. The idea about covering the track with a flat tarp or something had been bandied about, this is a possibility, but thinking about it, the track is a big bowl, how do u get the water out of the middle of the tarp, no wonder it doesnt drain, castle hill would have coped much better, my proposal if u want to get a race would be the rain provision to allow the meeting to be moved to Castle hill (of course, fastolfart will have to agree ) if the track is waterlogged, but its not pissing down, the surface and slope of the track allows quick recovery from rain. Lets all just hope its a fine weekend, and everyone comes, has a good meeting and goes home happy
Old 05-15-2003, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

>>LETS JUST HAVE A MEETING WITH THE BOARD, AND HAVE THE WHOLE EVENT MOVED TO CMC..that way its a go ahead event...no mastter what .
dont say that the track facilitys dont adhear to the Rules.because we all know that ryde doesnt fully adhear to them eaither.

sound good
Old 05-15-2003, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

but theres no way u could physically fit that many people at that facility, people would be pitting on king georges rd, qualifying heats would need to be limited to 6 cars or something due to the short track, nah, too many problems, theres a reason why its not as popular as it 'should be', ok and even if the majority agree to race there, they're still going to be pitting in the rain, wherever they are.

if u'd read what i said, i stated that if ryde was waterlogged, but it wasnt pissing down, castle hill's drainage is much better and racing would be far less interupted, i wasnt offering the only solution, but at least one thats better than current, and at least one that would allow a nationals that wouldn't be bitched about and deemed somewhat fake/tainted by people later, if we ended up using cmc
Old 05-15-2003, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

I did read it..but i was giving a solution,, because i can see it raining. and CMC would be fine..NOFX,, if you had raced ther you would know that the track can handle 10 ppl no probs...and there is plents of space inside and out..remeber there wont be huge numbers at the nats anyway..they could setup a ten outside.

Iam looking at this in respect for the interstate drivers..do you think that they would come back if it was canceled again?
Old 05-15-2003, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally posted by cantona
well if you dont marshal you dont race, simple as that. i wil not accept "orhh sorry its raining, come back in another couple of months..." that wont work this time, its either now or not all at. SO what if the track is slippery, I am not travelling all that distance again, when the rain probability is higher to be told if its raining or track is little muddy that we wont be racing. FOR GOD SAKE, give us interstate racers half a chance that the race will be run regardless, IT CAN BE DONE! end of story...
Will you be going to Maitland in Sept???
Old 05-15-2003, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

cool pain man, just geeing u up bro, i understand, just from the people i have talked to about cmc and from my own viewing of it, it seemed like u'd be forever lapping or being lapped and therefore u could never get a good qualifying run in and there would always be one bitch claiming that someone made the A cos they were in the fast heat etc,but anyway, fuck it, i dont care, wherever they run it, i'll be there, and if at cmc, thats cool as long as they'll buff down everyones tyres, but for the interstaters, i think it should be the rain provision then, but we arent the rule makers anyway, but hopefull sanity prevails, or it doesnt rain, winter is usually dry, i'll do a bit of research
Old 05-15-2003, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

NOFX
You gotto try this track with 10 Mods, unreal fun, better than playing in stock
Old 05-16-2003, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

NOFX- My point was more to the notion of running until large puddles are forming. If marshalls running onto the track destroys the surface, too bad. It can be done, there just has to be no doubt so that people know exactly what to do when it rains, get ready to race.. regardless. nowdays you only have to have a browse through british magaizines to see how to waterproof your car. i know you cant control the weather, its the all time greatest variable, but i think we need better plans seeing its the re-run of a washed out race, in the rainy season.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by cantona
well can we at least decide that the race will run rain hail or shine?, after last time if we could have undercover pits(marquee), I would run in the rain. If we know in advance that we will be running no matter what, it makes it possible to plan for that out come.

what do people think?
I agree. I know It's probably a little irresponsible with the marshal/safety issue, but I still agree with the attitude if nothing else. I think marshalling in the wet is probably still more safe than marshalling 3.5kg gas cars travelling at 100kph plus anyway. But I do see the point.

but hopefull sanity prevails, or it doesnt rain, winter is usually dry, i'll do a bit of research
I sure hope your research proves this to be correct, but it doesn't work that way over here
Old 05-16-2003, 05:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Cantona- If it rains we should all make the pilgramage to st ives, that looked sick when we were there after it was raining.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.