Wiki Posts
Search

NEWCASTLE ON ROAD RC CLUB

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Update

We've got the transponders, got to work on the power issue, but will be up and running soon (keep in mind they dont accept personal transponders). But way better than nothing.

Track on the weekend was way too boring, working on a new design, that is more of a challenge (tech part to be in front of the drivers stand).

Once final track design is agreed to we will paint out the layout on the ground to enable people to use it for setup and practice mid week or non race days (prob will only have lines depicting where the pipe goes until we get Council approval to go berserk with the green paint).

The club has made a lot of progress this year and we want to continue throughout the year. We are hoping to put on a demo day for 1/5 with XRC and "real cars" later on in the year (Gary Kellett has kindly offered a prize, without us even asking, thanks heaps champ). Some of the Sydney guys are keen to come and even Dave Brewer from Adelaide coming, maybe even the bloke who come 2nd in the QLD tiltes who drives "the carbon car" lol.

Maybe they can get a few tips on crashing. lol

Sunday was great, big roll up, I reckon my prang was soo close to real racing with the "explosion" of bits really really funny. Iain needs to go to traffic school for heading south in the north bound lane. lol

Good luck at the State Titles guys, great to see Dal and Simon representing our club, no pressure, but we expect one of you bastards ta bring back the "big trophy". lol
Old 04-02-2007, 12:48 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nova JP
Update

We've got the transponders, got to work on the power issue, but will be up and running soon (keep in mind they dont accept personal transponders). But way better than nothing.

Track on the weekend was way too boring, working on a new design, that is more of a challenge (tech part to be in front of the drivers stand).

Once final track design is agreed to we will paint out the layout on the ground to enable people to use it for setup and practice mid week or non race days (prob will only have lines depicting where the pipe goes until we get Council approval to go berserk with the green paint).

The club has made a lot of progress this year and we want to continue throughout the year. We are hoping to put on a demo day for 1/5 with XRC and "real cars" later on in the year (Gary Kellett has kindly offered a prize, without us even asking, thanks heaps champ). Some of the Sydney guys are keen to come and even Dave Brewer from Adelaide coming, maybe even the bloke who come 2nd in the QLD tiltes who drives "the carbon car" lol.

Sunday was great, big roll up, I reckon my prang was soo close to real racing with the "explosion" of bits really really funny. Iain needs to go to traffic school for heading south in the north bound lane. lol

Good luck at the State Titles guys, great to see Dal and Simon representing our club, no pressure, but we expect one of you bastards ta bring back the "big trophy". lol
I can't afford a big trophy and let's face it that would be my only chance of getting one at that event.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Update

I have a good track design
Its at the start of this thread.
Hi rob, are you goin titles, and clint too,
and hi neil
Old 04-02-2007, 02:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dal
I have a good track design
Its at the start of this thread.
Hi rob, are you goin titles, and clint too,
and hi neil
No titles for me Dal. My wife just had a baby that was due next weekend so I didn't enter. Now baby's home and healthy and it's too late to enter, I'm looking for some where to race this weekend but doesn't look good. I will come down to moorebank for a look if I can't find any where to race. I will most likely see you on sunday. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

congratulations clint
Old 04-03-2007, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Electric

just curious on what electric classes you run? You got some quick guys getting round in stock or mod? i usualy run stock but if no one runs stock... then i guess its mod!

Man... havent ran at edgeworht for a long time! curious to see how you guys do things now especialy with transponders! good work! good to see some local clubs gettin in and gettin setup. do you have point scores or anything?
Old 04-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

We run stock with any battery you want, some run li po, as I said above the transponders aren't up an run'n yet. (they just arrived Saturday arv and we need to get power sorted out)

We have a point score with trophys for club members, as far as quick electric drivers go, they go alright, but these guys are all about fun and a coupla laughs, no super full on sheepstation type racers here.

Originally Posted by yobbism
just curious on what electric classes you run? You got some quick guys getting round in stock or mod? i usualy run stock but if no one runs stock... then i guess its mod!

Man... havent ran at edgeworht for a long time! curious to see how you guys do things now especialy with transponders! good work! good to see some local clubs gettin in and gettin setup. do you have point scores or anything?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Dal you can contact me on [email protected] or 0412116649.We are still waiting for a reply about painting track out. But we do have TRANSPONDERS now yippy.Should be up and running next month> Power is the only problem we have.WE are due to have a general meeting soon all will let people know when ,YES some track designs would be good help. Please pass the word around our club will only get better with more support.Cheers Mark
Old 04-09-2007, 05:04 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Who's coming racing on Sunday.

Neil's keen to fill to fill those stomachs with his gourmet cuisine (well snags on bread at least).

I'm out to have a good dash after a dissapointing titles event from a results point of view but i did learn a lot. It's a completely different experience driving at the Moorebank track, whilst in area it's not that much bigger than our track it is far more technical. I remember being the first heat out on Saturday morning with the track having just been sprayed with VHT and having the same setup i had on Friday afternoon and traction rolling because there was so much grip. For my second heat of the day I made lots of changes to the setup to give stability and reduce front grip (now that's not something we do at our track). Next time out the car was better but i just couldn't believe just how much deeper into the corners i could go and still i was 2 seconds of the pace of the quick guys.

If you get a chance go and have a run there even if it's just for one of their club days. Don't expect the atmosphere to be as friendly as our club as some of them do think they are racing for the proverbial Sheep Station.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default racing

i will give it a miss this week i am still replacing parts destroyed by the edgy rocks , hopefully the rock problems can be solved in the future club plans
Old 04-10-2007, 02:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

yeah, I have lots of rock damage too. I seem to ruin at least one belt and a set of sper gears every time I run there.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

sounds like you guys have too much hp!

doesnt sound good about the rocks tho...
Old 04-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

" DITTO " Belts , spurs & bearings . Mite go drifting a gossy
Old 04-10-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Addict

Yer I guess it's either the Edgy rocks or the tire wearing surface plus he car destroying pipes at Mingara. Maybe we can fix ours at the same pace as you guys do.

We NEVER post this type of negativity on your forum EVER, lighten up boys.
Originally Posted by chookgb
i will give it a miss this week i am still replacing parts destroyed by the edgy rocks , hopefully the rock problems can be solved in the future club plans
Old 04-10-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yer I guess it's either the Edgy rocks or the tire wearing surface plus he car destroying pipes at Mingara. Maybe we can fix ours at the same pace as you guys do.

We NEVER post this type of negativity on your forum EVER, lighten up boys.
There was no negativity about it neil. If we didn't like running there we wouldn't keep coming back. It was a problem that was obviously on more than one persons mind. Wouldn't you want these minor things talked about so they can be sorted out rather than see people going to other clubs to race because there are narrow minded people that can't handle a bit of constructive criticism.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.