Search

help with 'gitching'

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default help with 'gitching'

hello

l've got a small problem which l though somone can shed some light on.
here's the low down

l've been running a JR XS3 40mhz FM radio with the RS310 receiver, nothing wrong there. using hitec servos - because l run off road, l've got hitec645MG servo in the B4, also using LRP QC2 speed controller. sounds good? yep nothing wrong, car worked great.......until

l brought a KO PROPO MARS R transmitter and Spektrum Pro transmitter and receiver for the MARS R...why?

l've installed the mars r with the spektrum and read the manual and 'binded' the receiver to the transmitter etc etc
l've setup the speed controller fine..

but when l turn the wheel on the transmitter really fast - like 'snapping' it fast from side to side, the servo 'gitches' meaning it 'jerks' sometimes 3-4 times then goes back to normal.

if l turn the wheel slowly..it's fine..

do l need a digital servo to work with the new setup?
the mars R manual is a pain - l've brought everything back to 0 - steering rate, etc etc but it didn't help

l've changed through all the servos l've got. l've installed a hitec 925MG one of the best hitec has - nope -

is there something is is related to? l've heard digital are faster then analog..what should l be looking at in the mars R functions to maybe stop it from gitching?
Old 11-01-2006, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

your problem is called hi tech
Old 11-01-2006, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I don't know about the Mars R but we had a Helios did a similar thing but it was an easy fix on it , we just switched the switch under the module to normal not High speed ( for when using digital servos) the mars may have a similar swtich on it ??? not sure. Oh and you got a package in the mail
Old 11-01-2006, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Will, stick a big cap in chan 3/Batt.

Get rid of the Spektrum, while you're at it.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are you actually noticing that on the track. When a Spektrum radio and reciever are in close range they will actually do that. Try getting someone to hold your car and watch, then stand back and then try the same thing again.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

l haven't raced with the setup at all.

l'll try if from far away then. thanks

l'll lookin into 'switching' between high speed and normal and see if that helps too.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Will the Hitec servos are more than likely the cause, in the bench my 645, 945, and 925's get a fare old glitch up, but out on the track there fine.
( I have a 945 and 925 in my 1/8th buggy)

Try as the others said, and if you've got the Spek pro you don't need any caps.

another thing you could try is turn the car on put it on the floor and walk away, the Spektrum "fail safe should kick in and the car should just sit there, no twiches or anything.

If it does, I have read home cordless phones are some times on 2.4GHz...

See how you go
Cheers
Old 11-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK.. Why the hell are you using cheap ass servo's.. in offroad you need the best. Futaba 9451.

What version of the spectrum are you using? the original greay unit? you need a powere cap for the reciever, spectrum make one for it.

If you are close to the unit it will often feel like a super lag on the servo. when in racing or just driving conditions you will be fine.

Also, Get rid of the spectrum as its shit. should solv all your problems
Old 11-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i would say it is most likely your servos, as hitec do not like the high response rate put out by the Mars R And spektrum. i had hitec servos and they were doing the same thing.

Good luck hope you fix the problem.

p.s. i see u have followed in my footsteps :P sond the XS3 And got mars r with Spektrum. Best of luck buddy, c ya round.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer

Get rid of the Spektrum, while you're at it.
Fuhrer, what is wrong with spektrum? Im still using an AM RTR transmitter and about to upgrade to a Nomadio. Just curious on your thoughts and any problems you have expirenced in the past.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

I have had spektrum in my 3pk for a over 12months and not had a single problem. Over 50% of our club is on Spektrum and no one has had any dramas yet.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Chispy, thats what I thought and the reason for the upgrade, however i have also spoken to a member of my club , who said the nomadio has crashed other club members P.C's when they went on line to upgrade. Which transmitter is the ducks guts and why?
So id still like to know Fuhrer's reason for the comment, if it was just a smart remark or does he know a bit more about it, or does any one else have some input.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Don't know a lot about the nomadio. Our club members alot them are upgrades for 3PK and Sanwa M8, then we have a few DX3's as well. I did read on another forum some of the real quick touring drivers noticed a slow in reaction time when mutiple spektrums are used, but I run 1/8th Offroad and have not noticed any speed difference.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtdustingdavo
Fuhrer, what is wrong with spektrum? Im still using an AM RTR transmitter and about to upgrade to a Nomadio. Just curious on your thoughts and any problems you have expirenced in the past.
dirtdustingdavo
Nomadio is not a Spectrum(Spectrum is the brand name)they are both DSM type radios.
Ive been using the Nomadio Sensor since january and have not had any glitching,drop outs or any problems with the radio from day one.
You dont need to use any caps or extra power supplies.
As for crashing PC when doing updates i havn't had and crashs an i'm using the beta version of the software which gives a few extra such as being able to bind to the Sprectum Modules and other good stuff
check out http://www.support.nomadio.net/index.php for more information
Old 11-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've run a Mars R with Spektrum for 10 months now with no issues. I run a Futaba 9550 servo in one car, and an old 3003 in another, and had no glitching with either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.