Community
Wiki Posts
Search

formulas...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb formulas...

Can someone help me out with gear ratio formulas and the like, i am trying to run a motor in a car i have and it just wont peform and i think it has something to do with the gears. Also how do i find out the internal ratio on cars.....Cheers.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

A little more Info would help..

What chassis are you running??
What motor are you running (how many turns)??
What size is your spur gear??
What sort of track are you running on ( tight technical or open track with long straights and high speed sweeping turns)

If we know some of these details we can better inform you.

Steevo
Old 02-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Not a problem at all. I know most if not all the internal ratio's of cars. Very easy to work out but maybe easier to tell me what car you have. Also I take it you run a Castle Hill don't you. I can help you out there.

Coxy.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

To calculate the internal drive ratio, take the no of teeth on the diff pulley and divide by the no of teeth on the centre drive pulley.

I run an Atlas YM34 this uses a 37 tooth diff pulley & a 16 tooth centre so 37/16 = 2.3125 FDR
Old 02-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Thanx guys, its actually a off roader. Its a Kyosho Ultima and i want to run a Trinity Monster hp in it but it seems to be going the same speed as with the original motor. I only have the original gearing for the car also...
Old 02-05-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

iam sure the original motor is a 20turn closed endbell motor, with standards gearing the car would be quite fast, you are replacing the 20 turn motor with a 27turn motor,,effectively slower, but because the motor has a better desighn, it will be just as good as the original motor, and yes, it shold be fine with the gearing that came with the car...the benafit fo the monster stock, is that its rebuildable, so you can keep it in tip top condition.