Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Jeramy
I look forward to talking to you next time you are down to have a run with us.

Peter
Old 11-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds Great, I hope to maby come on the 26th as our last meet will be a saturday night the 25th november depends on how late i hit the sack after the meet But i'm keen thats for shore. Regards Jeremy.

Last edited by Sirio2127; 11-18-2006 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just wondering if the finals for 1/8 scale are 20 mins yet, or are still running 5 mins. I know a few of the Brendale crew where thinking of coming down.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Adept

As we now run seperate days for Gas and Electric we are running finals longer that 5 mins.
This is usually under consultation with the drivers on the day as to the length of final that they would like to see run.
Last race day I selected a 15min final but the drivers elected for 10 min finals due to reduced field numbers and the fact that we have not been able to run longer finals for a very long time due to the number of entries in a day, so they need time to develop the skills of running longer finals.

But do come down for our last Gas meeting of the year December 3 and we will definatly have a 10 min final or longer depending on the drivers on the day at the drivers meeting.

If we do not see you guys this year we look forward to seeing you all in the new year.

Peter Gately
Secretary GCMR
Old 11-18-2006, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Jeremy

I will not be at the electric meeting as I run a 1/5th car but do talk to Chris Howarth who will be running that days racing.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Peter for the quick response. I'll be asking the 1/8 scale drivers if they are interested in a road trip. I'm sure I can drag a few with me for the 3rd Dec.

Cheers

Graeme C
Old 11-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello All, Ah now i rember the 26th is electric meet thanks for reminding me big P. I could of look quite strange showing up with my evolva Doh. Maby you should concider coming on the Saturday night 25th of november at brendale because of the electric nationals 5th and 8th scale and not quite shore but probaly pro tourer as well. It shaping up to be a realy good meet. Finchy Ill defently be in for the road trip. Thanks Peter for sending me the reminder about the 26th. Regards Jeremy.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

The AGM will be held at the next Gas race day December 3.

If you would like an item put on the agenda please email or PM me so it can be brought up.

It would be good to have the AGM prior to racing at 9.15am but I dont think that it would be possible to get enough practice in for our visitors, have a drivers meeting and start at 10am.

AGM is being held on a race day due poor atendance at previous meetings aranged for week nights.

So we will have a 30min break after the 3rd round of racing approximatly 1.30-2pm.
If you run Electric please take the time to turn up and make your vote count in running the club.

Presidents, Secretary and Treasures report will be given.
Items of business discused as per the agenda items you want discussed.

One Item to be discused will be the browing of funds to:
Put up 3x6mtr carports for pit areas
power pit area
install benches to pit area
Build drivers stand which would included
A race office
Canteen
Storage area
Compressor
The club is capable of paying or a loan but it would need one or two people to stand as sponsors/garantors for the loan.

After items have been discused all positions will be delared vacant.
To keep the meeting short we would like to elect:
President
Secretary
Treasure
Who run the race facilities, and control event calendar for the Gold Coast Model Racway Facility and answer to Gold Coast City Council.

Then elect three more people
1. To manage the On-Road Gas section
1. To manage the On-Road Electric Section
1. To manage the Off-Road Section

Then as each section meets they can elect members to form each race committee.
These committees are responsible for.
A) Running of club race days
B) Running of Special events such as Gold Coast Challenges
C) Liaisoning with facility managment in event programs and facility matainence
D) Maintaining membership for each section and keeping a membership record
E) Banking of raceday funds and reporting banking to the treasure (this is particulary important for the Off-Road section as thier income will go into that track facility)

Please bear in mind that this is a whole new ball game for this club and none of the above is set in concrete and will be modified as each section brings it concerns and requirements to regular combined committee meetings.

REMEBER THIS CLUB RUNS ON MEMBERS,
MEMBERS MAKE THE DECISIONS
MEMBERS ENJOY THE FACILITIES

FOR THE CLUB TO GROW WE NEED MEMBERS TO COMMIT TO WORKING IN VARIOUS ROLLS IN THE CLUB.

Peter Gately
Secretary GCMR
Old 11-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As this AGM is held on a Gas Day, so there is no confusion, I read and understood the reasoning behind holding the AGM on a race day however I think there needs to be some measure put in place for those members of both the electric and dirt side of the club to be able to have their say as obviously some of them may not be able to turn up on the day and it is only fair (I think) that the entire club be able cast their votes rather than just one side (gas) being responsible for the selection of the new committee.

A suggestion would be to hold the Electric voting on an electric day and the gas on a gas day with each day allowing the dirt crew to cast votes for their section and on each day the votes for the president, treasurer and secretary be cast and collated to find the result. By doing this each sub section of the club would have a fair go and only the 3 position mentioned above would be a delayed result.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:56 AM
Tech Adept

The above suggestion is a good idea and is a great suggestion for next year, when we have an operational Off-road section. at the moment we only have 8 financial members for Off-Road. If an Electric or Off-Road member is interested in the club they will turn up or forward thier voting preferences prior to the AGM.

I was originally going to have the AGM on a Electric meeting but as most members of the club come from the Gas section this year we will be having the AGM at a Gas meeting.

My preference is a night meeting but the last AGM did not get enough financial members to attend and if was held at the following race day.

FOR THIS YEAR ELECTRIC AND OFF-ROAD MEMBERS WILL NEED TO COME TO THE GAS MEETING 1.30-2PM TO HAVE INPUT.

The only way that we would change the AGM to a night meeting at the MDSA building is if I have an email from members committing to attending a night meeting with a preference on day and time. [email protected]

I will send an email out to all members that I have email addresses for with the above proposal.

If I get no or only few responses the AGM will stand as announced.
Remember for an AGM to be affective it has to have a majority of members present and the best time for that to happen is at a race day when a lot of members are already present. I have a current list of 64 members and we need a coram of members to have and AGM.

This would be the only year that members would have to put them selves out in this way. As I said the above idea is good and I see it working next year for the election of the Gold Coast Model Raceway operating committee.

The idea behind having a committee to oversee the operation of each section is:
A council requirement to have one person/committee to deal liaise with.
Also a requirement of our incorporation

The three people you elect are not necessarily the people who will be running each race day but the people you entrust to manage and maintain and coordinate the three sections that we will have operating at the one site.

Each section at its next race day will elect a committee to run their race day events,

WITH THIS NEW FACILITY AND THE INCREASE IN MEMBERSHIP AND RACE DAY NUMBERS THE CLUB is at a whole new beginning and will need all of its members input, to recognize problems, find solutions and have the club grow in a beneficial way.

I thank zacabrandy for his input and have replied as he has some great ideas and has placed his last post in a very acceptable manner.

Last edited by Murwillumbah; 11-20-2006 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply Peter. Much appreciated
I think the reasons for having the AGM on the Gas Day are quite obvious and reasonable now it is clear that Gas is the dominant class, so with that in mind
I will try and be there for the AGM.

If I am unable to attend I would certainly like to throw my hat in the ring for the Electric Managers position and I think Adam (TRFMAD) should also be considered for a role within the electric section. Maybe Kenny Nham for treasurer as he is doing the books.

Let it be said that this is the time for anyone and everyone to put their hands up to play an active role in the direction and development of this facility. The club has a bright future if the responses of those I have spoken with are any indication. You all know I have been somewhat vocal about some aspects of the club and have done so for the betterment of this club, even if I have made mistakes in my presentations at times I am an avid supporter of the club and now have a real opportunity to see it grow and develop into one of the best in the country...are stuff it, lets just dominate the world... so if you are like me and wish to help in the development of this raceway, please make an effort to be heard or put your votes in for those you think will be make a difference.

I am putting my hand up for any available position but especially for the management, development and growth of the electric side of things...............what about YOU

Cheers
Aaron
Old 11-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Aaron
If you do not make the meeting I will put you name forward for the electric section.

Peter
Old 11-22-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here are some picture's My wife took today of the Gold coast track. Looking really good.. I am away so blame her for the dirty len's.
Sorry about the Quaility.
Best wishes
Addam
Attached Thumbnails Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston-track-1-small-.jpg   Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston-track-2-small-.jpg   Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston-track-3-small-.jpg   Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston-track-4-small-.jpg   Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston-track-5-small-.jpg  

Old 11-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

JUST A REMINDER

ELECTRIC this Sunday November 26

GAS the following Sunday Dec 3 LAST GAS RACEDAY FOR 2006

ELECTRIC the following week Dec 10 LAST ELECTRIC RACEDAY 2006

2007 Calendars will be available on last racedays for 2006

Off-Road track has been delayed so far due to availablity of a large water pipe to fill in a drain at rear of track.
Council requires us to put up a fence around the track area prior to making the track.
We can not put the fence up until we bring a machine in to clean up the banks.
We can only bring the machine in when we have the pipe.

So be patient the OFF-ROAD TRACK IS COMMING

For people who have suported the Off-Road club by putting membership up early to help fund the track, your membership will carry through the 2007 year. Thanks very much for your early support in this new section of RC racing on the Gold Coast.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up B105 Children Appeal

Guys A Challence to all model Racers On Road and Off.
Gas or Electric

LAPS FOR KIDS

Donate say 10 cents for every lap you complete at your next Club Meet

3 Heats and Finals

Lets say 15 laps a heat / final 60 laps $6.00 for the Kids

6 or 7 rounds of 8 drivers per round each Club could raise around $300.00

Logan, Wynnum, Brendale, Goldcoast Sunshine Coast ect

Come On LETS LAP FOR THE KIDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.