Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should 19 turn become a National On Road Class

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if 19 turn was added, would it reduce the entrants to either stock or mod?

Do we want to reduce entrents to these main classes?
This is the type of question we are asking in the offroad scene, because i dont think its in the best intrest to reduce the major classes. just opinion, what do you htink?
Old 08-31-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tony2
if 19 turn was added, would it reduce the entrants to either stock or mod?

Do we want to reduce entrents to these main classes?
This is the type of question we are asking in the offroad scene, because i dont think its in the best intrest to reduce the major classes. just opinion, what do you htink?
Reducing entrants in stock or mod is just a fact of life. 19t maybe be the most popular class. Also some racers might like to run two classes AARCMCC rules does permit cross entry...unless they were change recently lol (19t makes for a great not too fast, not too slow 2nd class)

There would be plenty of stock masters left behind to entertain us in stock, are there are too few racer readily prepared to step up to mod...19t could be home for quite alot of racers.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default Why does it have to compete at all ?

At a major event 19t should never have to compete with stock or modified, if it is offerred to all electric racers as an alternative class to be run on the opposite day that the stock and mod classes are run eg 540 Tourers, 19t Tourers, 12th scale classes on the saturday, Stock Tourer & Modified Tourers on the Sunday of a major 2 day event Nationals, Winterchamps, etc. This way both stock and Mod drivers have a class available to race on both days of competition. Even at club racing level 19 turn could be offerred as an opposite weekend class of racing to normal club days, that way only those interested from both Mod and stock will show up to race 19 turn and then on the normal race days nuimbers for stock and mod are not likely to be effected, in fact the Brendale club that is host the Nationals does exactly this with quite reasonable success.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spawn
what would be a good 19t motor? which lhs would have this?
the komodo dragon model 19t is the one you need,they can be purchased from feral batteries or from harris rc
Old 09-01-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

yeah thats you need in on road, more classes, why dont you bring back G20 and 540 as well.....
Old 09-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default LETS PUT IT TO VOTE ?

Just finsihed reading racing lines and I see they have mentioned that the Summer Nats @ Fairy Meadow January 20/21/2007 will include a 19Turn class, but will stick with a tired event format that will gaurantee that many interstate electric drivers wont attend. Why !! Because Saturday is dedicated solely to gas classes and Sunday to Electric, unless you live in NSW it is not very practical for electric intestate racers to travel for only one days racing. Why not include the 19t electric class onto the saturday's roster, It would increase the overall event entries by almost two fold.

Possible race format could be

Saturday
12th Scale (electric)
19Turn Tourer
Pull Start Gas Tourer

Sunday
27T Stock Tourer
Modified Tourer
Open Gas Tourer

Tell us what you think, if enough people agree there might be enough time to make changes to this event before they do up the entry form!!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

When did this get voted on (by the clubs)? Or was it just a decreed by the AARCMCC committee?
The rules are already in black an white and have been for over 12 months, it was just a simple mater of joining the ISTC car to the Super Stock motor. At a lot of tracks around Australia, you will find that 12th scale has very little support. Though with recent interest has increased numbers only at tracks that can cater for them, but for how long? and yet some one has sugested it sould be run as a support class alongside 540 (the beginers class)
The comments I received from various clubs holding sanctioned meetings, is that the numbers that are currently racing 19 turn would not justify considering the class for a state or nationals, and that the class should be built up from club level.
Whilst this should be true, the clubs are not getting the numbers running 19 turn because of the opposite. Just read through here and you will realise that most racers will not run in a class of this level that ends at club level.

Tony and Matt, considering that you guys are main stream off road racers, i find that your comments are suprising. The on road scene has 2 main supported classes (the 3rd, 12th scale rarely run) with the giant motor gap between V's 6 in off road not counting seniors.
Remember that on road the jump from stock to mod is 27 turn to 7 turn just to have straight line speed, off road you can run a 12 turn in mod and be in the ball park.
The other point that the doubters have missed, is how many average racers actually don't enter major meetings because they don't like running stock on large boring tracks or in fields of 50 plus with 20 stock masters at the top coming in from all over the country side. And how many of these stock masters will move up to the next level when given the chance?
Old 09-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was just wondering is super stock the official name for 19T motors?

I'm pretty sure tamiya badge their 23T motors as Super Stocks.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

fastolfart- It will only water everything down. In off road there is still essentially only two main motor classes. Keep it Simple!!

The stock masters will become the 19 turn masters.... maybe this might clear out stock and let some young talent come through that does not have the big bucks... then they could bypass 19 turn and go racing where the real racing is.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

fastolfart: I understand your points even though I disagree, as you do with mine. That said, Committees must be allowed to rule. My only concern is if the intended result is below par, the committee doesn't persist with it.

As I've said already, 19t up here would attract a fair amount of support, however elsewhere would be the challenge.

Regards,
Peter
Old 09-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

fastolfart- It will only water everything down. In off road there is still essentially only two main motor classes. Keep it Simple!!
Off road is not the topic of discussion here and there is very little comparison between the two. 19 turn is not even being considered to be introduced to off road as a class apart from what seniors already run.

On road does not have the luxury of 8 classes to spread 140 entries over, it only has 2 that can be run on every track. When entries exceed 50 in stock (keep in mind, stock is not watered down over 3 chassis classes like off road) you actually loose entries due to people not wanting run in the E finals and lower.

Take a look at club level on road racing and work out where the majority of numbers are, now why aren't they competing at state and national events? Instead of pondering this, get out and ask them why not and what would excite them to actually run.
Look at the drop in numbers at the 2006 winter champs compared to the previous years event. Stock was down by an easy 60 local drivers, and most of the front runners there would rather have run 19t as they have dropped back from modified due to recent problems with the class.
Similar situation at the NSW on road states earlier this year.

BTW: the name Super Stock is adopted from the ROAR rules.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

fastolfart: I understand your points even though I disagree, as you do with mine. That said, Committees must be allowed to rule. My only concern is if the intended result is below par, the committee doesn't persist with it.
If the class does not attract the numbers, then it should be shelved.
If we don't give it a go, we will never know.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

19t/SuperStock will be a class at the SORMCC Sydney GP in December.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by black-knight
19t/SuperStock will be a class at the SORMCC Sydney GP in December.
Well done - that's one reason for me wanting to live in Sydney.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by heavy
Well done - that's one reason for me wanting to live in Sydney.
Its time for a proper go at 19t, not many racers are interested in mod, stock is a great catergory but not for everyone (a bit slow). 19t is fast and provides for some good wheel to wheel action. Quite a few racers have a good chance of doing well in and enjoying themselves 19t.