Search
Like Tree7Likes

Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nezz
I could be in the market for a 2nd hand copy. Although I was impressed when hit from behind I completed two 360 degree spins and still manged to keep going straight on without losing a position.....go figure
I did something similar but i was on my Roof And didnt keep going
Old 07-24-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default The Daughter

Probably told the daughter the batteries were flat and had to take it to Bendigo to charge them up.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:27 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VoneSkip
Nuh Phil i woulda if he didnt tip me over

And here I was being considerate enough to slow down and tap you back on ya wheels cos the marshalls were off grazing!

Can't of been me that put you on your roof Skip, I was too far in front Though I guess it coulda been when i came around to put a lap on you

Tell ya what though, that McKendry Mini not only looked amazing (i really like it! ) But the thing was a rocket in the final, i just couldn't get around it!

SPeaking of which Skip, that Mini-Train we had going on there for a couple of laps sure was fun! Who'd a thought you could do a full lap and keep the cars under a centimetre from each other
Old 07-24-2006, 06:33 AM
NT
Tech Elite

I did something similar but i was on my Roof And didnt keep going
You obviously didn't read Chapter 1 of the book Skip; "Racing a Mini - Upright is faster"

Nezz, I'll bring you a signed copy of the book to the next race, who would you like it to be made out to?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NT
And here I was being considerate enough to slow down and tap you back on ya wheels cos the marshalls were off grazing!

Can't of been me that put you on your roof Skip, I was too far in front Though I guess it coulda been when i came around to put a lap on you

Tell ya what though, that McKendry Mini not only looked amazing (i really like it! ) But the thing was a rocket in the final, i just couldn't get around it!

SPeaking of which Skip, that Mini-Train we had going on there for a couple of laps sure was fun! Who'd a thought you could do a full lap and keep the cars under a centimetre from each other

I must be Tired Coz I agree with you
Old 07-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Default Gearing

With the TT01's they come in several kit forms, TT01R, TT01D, can I put some of the hop ups on the standard TT01 that come on the other TT01 kits ?

Can we also change the Spur and Pinion Gears ?
Old 07-24-2006, 06:03 PM
NT
Tech Elite

I'm not 100% certain how the TT shapes up, but i do believe its a tub chassis similar to the TL-01 is it not? I was discussing this sorta thing with Skip the other night, and we sort of agreed that hop-ups were allowed as most cars are running oil based shocks - some run sway bars, carbon chassis, lightened drive shafts etc. So hop ups are generally overlooked as long as the still continue to run a silver can (un mod'd) 540 Johnson/Mabuchi motor.

As for the gearing, if it is the tub chassis like my TL-01, you are very restricted with what gearing you can get into the car. Others like the TA series are very easy to adjust but then we step into a whole different ball game - notably that we can gear it up so that it is a rocket in a straight line and not so great in the twisty bits, that being said, there will of course be a happy medium somewhere, and if it is outside the reaches of the Tub style chassis that a few of the very new guys run, that may be an issue.

But to answer your question, yes, hop-ups ok, gearing, should be Ok as well.

Hope that helps!?!?!

PS: Outside of driving a TA04/5 for 'Team Skip' at the Challenge, i'll probably just run my Mini in 540 and the Mini class
Old 07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
NT
Tech Elite

I must be Tired Coz I agree with you

Bout time you came around
Old 07-25-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NT
Outside of driving a TA04/5 for 'Team Skip' at the Challenge, i'll probably just run my Mini in 540 and the Mini class

You are more than Welcome to Drive for 'Team Skip' I do have a Spare Car there for you We will just have to Build it Before the Challenge
Old 07-25-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nezz, I'll bring you a signed copy of the book to the next race, who would you like it to be made out to?
Ran 4th in your first final and you think you should sign autographed copies of "How To..."

Plenty more time for humility yet NT
Old 07-25-2006, 02:22 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Ran 4th in your first final and you think you should sign autographed copies of "How To..."

Plenty more time for humility yet NT

Went from 3rd to 10th before i'd even crossed the start line! Was taken out by one of the 'big' 540 cars! (scrutineer missed that one too ) Then went from 10th back to 4th throughout the race! Probably made easier thanks to a retirement or 2 though
Old 07-25-2006, 02:33 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Would anybody like to remind the lovely people what happened in the 10 minute nitro novice final which was the following race?!?!

Teeeeeehehehehehehe!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Champion

Just on a Month to go until the Bendigo RC Car Clubs Power Grunt Challenge on Sunday the 27th of August Catering for all VORTEC Nitro Classes along with our own MINI and 540 Classes the 2 Electric Classes only restriction is the Run a 'Silver Can' Motor Entries are coming along well looks like All Classes will be Capacity Fields For all Details go to our Web Site Due to the Schedule of the Day we ask if possiable Entries be fowarded via PM or Email By the 21st of August ... Just forward your Class and 2 Frequencies
Trophies up for grabs in all Classes along with some Great Raffle Prizes to be Sold & Drawn on the Day only So Great Chance to Collect a Prize
Be sure to Visit the Web Site for directions and all Details regarding the Day
Old 07-25-2006, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Default August 26

Will Team Skip be out in their French Maid Uniforms blowing down the track on August 26th ?????
Old 07-25-2006, 05:02 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pkmck111
Will Team Skip be out in their French Maid Uniforms blowing down the track on August 26th ?????
I know this lil black duck won't be!!!

August 26 will be an open slather practice day with the Drivers stand set up etc. So the track will already be in tip-top condition by then, and blown down prior to that.

Entries are certainly looking great for the POWER GRUNT CHALLENGE though in all classes, so it's certainly looking like it's going to be a great day of racing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.